Status: Remake because other one got deleted. :( sorry for any errors updating from my cell phone.

From the Ashes

Team.

As soon as my bags hit the counter my whole body froze, I could sense the presence in my house but I couldn't tell who it was. Along with the second presence sitting in my living room, gripping the gun on my waist I made my way quietly towards the open area.

Nick sat on the living room couch reading one of my many self control books, his eyes not looking up which allowed me to take a look around. Everything was still the same, there was no one else here but someone was here before Nick.

"Well, are you going to sit down?" His voice pulled me from my distraction and I slowly took a seat across from him.

"Why are you here Nick?"

He slowly closed the book and placed it on his lap, with his hands covering it. His one eye staring me down as he tapped his fingers on the soft book cover.

Nick only ever came to home if something was wrong, it was a private mission or if he was going to bitch at me for breaking the rules. Seeing as no rules have been broken, it had to be one of the other two.

So I sat with the gun in my lap waiting for him to speak, my eyes slightly narrowed and one brow raised waiting. I could hear his steady heart beat from where I was sitting, it wasn't going faster or skipping a beat.

"I told you I would be speaking with your about Steve again, didn't I?" Steady heart beat. But stern face.

Leaning back into the couch I let my grip on the gun loosen, quickly pulled my hair from the sloppy bun it was in and shook it out a little bit. The small strands of silver were probably glistening in the light above.

Giving him a slight eye roll I waited for him to continue, he was probably going to tell me that he needed me and that after what happened in new York he was depressed and sad, that should go speak with him.

"He needs you, after what happened in new York none of them are the same. Not even Tony." A smirk played on my lips as he threw the rest of them in there, the avengers. I watched what happened on the news, I watched Steve protect innocent people and put his life on the line. Having me around would be worse, because if there was another person in my house, that means HYDRA has caught up to me.

"No." I let the red hues of my eyes show as I spoke, "Steve doesn't need me, you need Steve to need me." I shifted in my spot, "You want him to bring me in closer to everyone else and become a team member".

I leaned forward and folded my hands.

"I'm not a team person Nick, I'm a 'me' person." His heart stayed at the steady pace, this man would never fear me. He's known me his whole life and has seen me at my worst, yet has brought me back from them as well. He knew how dangerous I was.

I watched him stand and pat down his clothing.

"Think about it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image