Status: Remake because other one got deleted. :( sorry for any errors updating from my cell phone.

From the Ashes

Museum

I stood with my hands stuffed in my pockets staring at it, the picture of Bucky from seventy years ago. Just below it was a small video of him and Steve, both of them were smiling. I remembered that day, he had just saves Bucky from HYDRA and destroyed one of their bases all alone. But they both stood in the video, smiling and laughing. I even remembered Steve trying to drag me in with them, but I refused; it was their time for fame, not mine.

"Mommy, look." I heard the boy softly speak causing me to turn my head, he pointed at a man who stood tall with a baseball cap slightly covering his eyes. But seeing as the kid was tiny, he was able to catch a glimpse of him. Every fiber in my being told me to run. Told me to hide from Steve, that me being around would bring nothing but pain and sorrow.

The boy was quite once Steve gave him a wink and the silent finger, it was their little secret. As he got closer to me, I slowly backed into a crowd of people so he wouldn't see me. I was able to blend in and watch, watch how he stared at Bucky, then at the video of them. It wasn't long before he made his way to the movie, where I followed closely behind, far enough to not get noticed.

I watched as he sat in the theater and watched Peggy speak, my heart tugged slightly at the site of her. In a way I hated her, I envied her at the same time. She let me become and experiment, while also stealing Steve's heart. Biting my bottom lip I pulled my eyes from the screen and looked at him once more, he was tucked into the seat staring at the screen. I could see the sadness in his eyes and written on his face, turning without a second glance I left.

I couldn't watch him any longer, I couldn't see him relive the pain. That was why I had to stay away, being this close was risky enough, staying this long was even riskier. If he caught wind of me, it would be over and he wouldn't let me go.

The cold air hit my skin, surprising me and making me take a deep breathe. My hair wipped around wildly for a quick second before coming to a rest, taking a deep breath I stepped onto the sidewalk and started to make my way back home. There was no reason to stay here any longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
Image