Status: Remake because other one got deleted. :( sorry for any errors updating from my cell phone.

From the Ashes

Winter Soldier.

"Subject one. Her name is Vanessa Sanders, born in Brooklyn to a single mother. Her age is twenty years old, best friends to Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes." I heard the man with the thick German accent talk either to himself or to someone else, my body was to weak to look.

"How is the serum working?" Another man's voice joined in on the conversation.

"She has not stirred since we have arrived, three days ago." I could hear the shuffling of papers, his small mumbles as he searched for a specific one. Then a small 'ah' escaped his lips. "They have still tested her," his chair squealed as it moved. "Inhanced healing is one of the main things that show."

The other man took a few steps closer to where I lay, the back of his hand tracing my cheek and I just wanted to rip it off. I wasn't a science experiment, nor a damn lab rat.

"Can you force her to wake?" His fingers tapped on my cheek trying to make me stir, it was useless, my body wouldn't respond to anything.

"I can try."


My eyes shot open, my heart pounded in my chest and my hands gripped the sheets so tight my knuckles were white. I could feel the cold sweat on my body as I tried to calm myself, it had been a long time since I had those memories plague my mind.

Running a shaky hand through my semi-knotty hair, I sighed and pushed myself off of my bed. The sun had not risen yet and the cool crisp air entered through the small crack, no matter how cold or hot it was; I had to leave my window open just a crack.

My fingertips scanned the white walls as I walked down the hall of my apartment, it was plain, I didn't like having many pictures or decorations on them. In case I had to run, there wouldn't be much for me to grab and go. The floor creaked under my bare feet as I walked towards the kitchen, my fingers touching the switch and the light was on in seconds.

My kitchen was just as plain as the rest of my apartment, a few pans hanging from the ceiling over the island counter, a small microwave and toaster oven, matching with the coffee maker I had. Grabbing a cup I quickly filled it with water and turned to face my living room.

My finger tightened on the cup as I stared at the open window, the breeze pushing its way in making my curtains flow with it. My left hand slowly making its way to under the counter in search for my gun, but a movement to my left caught my eye. Not moving I watched them slowly walk in front of me.

Black shaggy hair hanging just above his shoulders, his eyes outlined by black paint or make-up; a face mask covering the lower part of his face along with his neck. My finger tips grazed the guns handle but I didn't make a move just yet, instead I watched him. I watched his metal left arm for any movements, because that was the most dangerous part on the winter Soldier.

"So, they sent you." I spoke while slowly leaning forward, placing my cup on the counter and pulling the gun slowly from the hilt it rested in.

It had been a long time since I saw him, and right now all I wanted to do was run for the hills. It had been 69 years since we're last near each other and I saw the progress they made with him and how quick they changed him. How dangerous he had become.

A man with out a memory was the most dangerous of them all.

It wasn't long before one of use made the first move, he pulled out his gun and I dodged towards the front door. I didn't even bother opening it as it was made from wood and busting through it was just as useful, my bare feet hit the cool tiled floor missing a few door splinters on the ground as I took off down the stairs.

Fighting him wouldn't end up bad, would end up with me either badly hurt or even dead.

My feet hit the last step and my world started to spin as I felt the wire around my ankle, the small tug had me falling face forward on to the hard tiled floor with a grunt. Turning slightly, my eyes held the light red hue. I watched as he stood at the top of the flight if stairs, gun in hand ready to shoot.

Pulling my gun out I let out three shots towards him, I didn't care if I hit him or if I missed, but I needed him slightly distracted as I pulled the wire from my ankle and ran.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Thank you to the eight subscribers :) very glad you like my story, I apologize for any errors as I am on my phone so I don't catch everything. I am trying to get long chapters out, but I don't want them to be drawn out. Let me know what you think, :) sorry I feel like the ending of this chapter could have been a little bit better. Lol