Untitled

Chapter 1 for review please

For a mid-December evening its surprisingly warm. There is no snow, no rain and no people. I’m walking to a destination I will never reach and I departed from a location I don’t remember. My senses are hazy and my legs are following a track that I have no control over. What is happening? I look up and I see nothing. I look to my sides and I see nothing. My field of visions is limited and still blurred however my legs keep moving forwards. I close my eyes and count to three. One. Two. Three. I open my eyes and I see a screen in front of me. It’s a bright blue light towering above me that lights up the whole space surrounding me. I can see a black blur laying on the floor ahead of me. It’s getting closer as my legs keep moving forward. I open my mouth to ask if they are ok but no words escape my mouth. I put on my glasses to see if I can distinguish what this dark figure Is laying on the floor ahead of me. But I head footsteps behind me. I quickly swivel my head to see where the sound is coming from and I see a tall figure in a black coat walking away, deeply breathing and panting as the noise diminishes the more space that comes between us. I turn to where my legs are taking me and I hit the concrete. I hear the noise of my glasses smashing on the concrete surface that is now getting warm with the pool of blood escaping from my cheek. I look to see what caused my decent. But I can’t.

My eye is covered in cold sticky blood that has been absorbed by my shirt and is starting to feel very cold against my chest. I look for my watch but the face is empty, no numbers, no hands and no sound of the tick. I then realise the weight on my left arm. I turn to see a set of blue eyes staring right back at me. Her face is pale and her forehead is covered in small freckles but she has a small scare just above her right eyebrow. ‘are you ok?’ No answer. ‘miss are you ok? Can you hear me?’ Still no answer. How did she get on top of me how long have I been here and who is she? I rise to my feet and notice her wavy blonde hair that’s is starting to stain red with what only I can presume is blood, and in her hand is a blue hat with a red bobble on the top of it. Considering it is wintertime she is wearing brown chino short, tan flip slops and a white shirt with thin black vertical stripes on it.

Think Steve, what should I do? OK I need to call an ambulance. I search my trouser pockets to find that they are empty. Ok ok think. What first aid do you remember. That it, DR ABC. Ok the area is empty so there is no danger. I stand be her feet and ask if she can hear me. Wait what was that? I move down towards her head and hear a gentle groan but her eye are still open and her wound has ceased to bleed anymore. I see a fresh drop of blood fall on her face and I quickly raise my hand to my face to cover the fresh wound from the ground. I wince as my fingers jab into the raw cut and I feel a piece of glass pierce my finger as I run them along the gash. I notice the sound of shuffling beneath me and in the corner of my eye I notice her arm is now outstretched with one finger pointing outwards. ‘Why did they do this to me, they could have had all my money and left me. They didn’t have to hurt me, it wasn’t me they were after it was…’ ‘Who are you, who are they, who were they after?’ I screamed at her motionless corpse but still no noise was produced. I stand up, what is happening. Where did I come from today? Wait who am I? Own fuck, I don’t remember anything. I look for anything that I might recognise. Behind me there are trees, in front of me there is the body and that large screen that is still just showing a bright blue background. Just as I look away I notice that the screen has changed to a black background. It starts to flash with a bright blinding light. Like a flashbang I am temporarily blinded and disorientated, I fall to my knees and start to squint up towards the screen and notice some words on the screen. There are three. I think it says ‘behind is Ja**’. I quickly spin my head and see the hooded figure again. This time it doesn’t have its back to me but instead it is facing me. I can’t see the face as well without my glasses but the shadowy figure is getting closer. I try to turn to run away but my legs are frozen. I try to shout but my voice is gone. Closer and closer the blur gets. I close my eyes and count to three. One. Two.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just want feedback please. Im new to all this