Status: Daily Update

The Resistance

Carry All this Broken Bone

‘LOU!’

Jet ran out of the car onto what used to be our basecamp. There was debris for as far as we could see. Smoke was coming from the burned wood, stones were scattered from the blow and ash was falling onto our bodies while we all stared and felt our hearts break while taking in the sight. I felt myself being catapulted back to the apocalypse in 2012.

Jet tried to run further, desperately searching for his younger brother. It was no use, the bodies were scattered all over the place. They hadn’t been warned about the bombing. At least not in time.

Kid tried to hold Jet Star back with all the power he had in his body. Knowing the sight of his dead brother would only make it worse. While trying to fight of Kid, they both fell to the ground. Tears were streaming down Jet’s face while he desperately kept calling out for his brother.

‘LOU!’

The sight was horrible and for the first time since we had entered zone 2 I turned to face Poison instead.

His eyes were red and swollen while tears fell down his face. The life was sucked out of his body while he took the image in. He took a few steps forward and lifted up a piece of wood, only to find the body of a boy underneath.

‘Oh God.’ he blurted out letting go.

Before I could comprehend what was going on I felt my body fall to the ground, my legs couldn’t hold the weight any longer. I wanted to shut my eyes and forget everything I just saw. But I couldn’t get myself to do so.

The bodies, the wreckage, my friend screaming out his brother’s name.

It couldn’t be unseen. So we just kept looking and crying. Hoping for some kind of miracle that would never come. Children, mothers and fathers had been killed all in a flash.

Everything we worked for, gone.

‘We need to move, now.’

I barely understood the words when Party had spoken them.

‘We need to move.’ he said again, trying to get himself out of the illusion.

Jet had calmed down in Kid’s arms and silently kept sobbing.

‘My brother is in there.’ he whispered with silent sobs.

We all looked down. It was all we could do.

The engine of cars could be heard for away. When we looked up we noticed they weren’t ours.

‘Draculoids!’ Party shouted moving back to the car. Being called back to reality and sprung to my feet and dragged myself to the car. I fell a few times running back to the vehicle and was glad to see Party had taken the wheel. I could barely control my own movements, I would not have been able to drive.

I threw myself in the passenger seat, ripping my jacket while doing so. I looked back at the wreckage and cried out.

‘Jet! We have to move!’

Kid was trying to carry Jet back to the car which was no use. His body was lifeless and his eyes were shut. Right there in that moment, he was ready to die. Only we were not ready to let that happen.

‘Ray, please!’ I called out desperately again.

Party stepped back out of the car and went to the two of them. He threw Jet over his shoulder and ran back towards the car. The dracs where only a few minutes away when Party threw Jet in the backseat and turned up the radio.

‘All zones to coordinates 12.4 now. Zone 1 to 4, do NOT pass basecamp. I repeat myself, do not pass basecamp!’ Conventional Weapons shouted.

While driving away, we saw two other Killjoy vehicles leave the wreckage along with some motorcycles.

And that’s when it hit me, we were the only ones left.

Zone 1-6, about 30 people.
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxo weapons