Status: Daily Update

The Resistance

Highways I Call Home

Right in that moment Weapons came through the door. After hearing her so many times on the CB radio, I was taken aback from her features. I had forgotten her shoulder length hair and small height. Although she didn’t seem like a Killjoy, she had proved us wrong many times. She was Dr. Death Defying right hand in zone 2 and a tough lady.

When she passed us I saw that her clothes were damaged by the fire. A large cut was made in her arm, it had stopped bleeding but ruined her yellow jacket.

‘What the hell is going on, what do we do now?’ I heard Dragon whisper to her. Being the only females of the zones they had bonded quite quickly over these last years. In battle they moved as one.

‘We go on, like we always do.’ She said in a monotone voice, the words seemed to mean nothing to her. She touched Dragon’s shoulder and tried to give her a small smile. In which she failed miserably.

All of a sudden, Revenge took Zombie’s drink and stood himself on one of the tables.

‘I think it’s time we show those dracs a lesson. We attack Battery City by dawn, kill as many as we can!’ He shouted, downing the drink.

‘And get us all killed? I don’t think so.’ Dragon cut in quickly. She left Weapon’s side and dragged Revenge of the table. Both of them started shouting at one another. Which lead to everyone starting to chat again, giving there own opinions on the matter.

‘Wait, how many people are we talking about? I heard Zero say, he had turned away from the window and seemed to finally grasp the situation.

‘365, last count.’ Zombie said while taking a new glass and pouring himself yet again another a drink.

‘Revenge, Dragon, please.’ Weapons called out. Trying to calm the two of them. When the noise had gone down she added: ‘We need a plan.’

The last murmuring died when the words were laid before them.

‘No. These people just died, Weapons! Two of my men have lost family members and you wanna come up with a plan?’

It was the first time I had seen Dragon stand up against her friend. There was a fire in her eyes which could only be described as disgust and hatred. And somewhere in them hope, hope that her friend didn’t mean the words.

Seeing the determination on her friends face, all hope soon left her eyes. She stomped to her and harshly pushed her against the wall.

‘This is not human.’ Dragon added.

Weapons had moved away from the wall and unzipped her jacket. The white shirt underneath was drenched with blood which couldn’t have been hers.

‘I lost my two sisters in this bombing, don’t you tell me that I’m inhumane. But I’m afraid we don’t have time for grieving or it will get us all killed.’ She said slowly. Her eyes which used to held so much, seemed to be empty.

She had seen death today, only not like Jet had. She had held her sisters to her chest while the life left their faces. I still remembered little Jane and Sophie, they were too young to even have gotten a code name.

We all stopped fighting and shouting in that moment. This was real, this was happening.

‘She’s right. Weapons is right. We need to move quickly.’ I was shocked when I heard Party’s reaction. Most leaders nodded their heads to his words. But yet, I could not agree with him.

Having seen Jet Star in such a state, knowing his brother Hesitant Alien would never turn eighteen and here we were, making up a plan to take revenge. We didn’t need more broken families.

‘Jet lost his brother, I’m not gonna be the one to tell him we attack tomorrow.’

I said in a low voice. Due to the silence that had been over the room everyone turned their attention to me. I knew it wasn’t my place to question Party Poison and took this as my cue to leave the room to join Jet and Kid by the car. I turned around and tried to get to the door. However, Weapon’s next words stopped me dead in my tracks.

‘We won’t.’ she said ‘We don’t have to attack.’

Everyone seemed to make a click in their heads. Like some kind of epiphany.

‘Shut down all the CB radios. Let them believe we are death.’ Zero added.

‘Set up a new basecamp somewhere in zone 4.’ Party Poison called out.

‘I’m sorry but where is the ‘we kill them all and take over Battery City’ part?’

I could have guessed the reaction Revenge gave us, after all he wasn’t a team player. But he had a good point.

‘We infiltrate the city and destroy bl/ind within it’s own walls.’ Dragon answered him. Both of them smiled at one another which might have been the first time in years.

‘We move to coordinates 34.7. No contact until we are there.’ Weapons said, calling of the meeting. We all moved to the door, ready to leave when I heard Zombie sigh.

‘And so it begins.’

With those words we left the diner, jumped in our vehicles and left to zone 4.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it begins...

xoxo weapons