Fiction

The Pier

I was still in shock from what I heard about Jimmy. He was taken. I should have known after all these years he would've been taken the second he got a chance. I guess it was never my chance. That's okay, I will deal after all, we are just best friends.

I looked at my phone that was ringing on the kitchen table and smirked sadly as I seen who was calling. Jimmy. I blew out the air I was holding in and greeted him with glee. "Hey Jimbo! Whats up?"

"Hey Elena, was wondering if you'd like to go out for lunch or something? The boys are busy and I'm bored," Jimmy said. I smiled and told him I'd meet him at The Pier in about 20 minutes. I slid on my bathing suit knowing I was wanting to swim after lunch to keep me occupied. I knew this wasn't a lunch date clearly, and for some reason it hurt a little bit. He looked so handsome after a few years of touring and after high school.

After I got on all my clothes and gathered up my items ready to go, I headed off to The Pier. Driving to The Pier brought back so many memories. I smiled as I thought back of the memories of all of us at the beach trying to drown each other. I blinked a couple hard times because of the beach air finally hitting my eyes. I looked at the car beside me and turned my head back to the road and slammed on the brakes. I let out a squeal as I looked at what I almost collided with; a man on a bike.

"Oh my God I am so sorry!! I looked away for a second and I almost killed you. Please forgive me!" I screamed almost hyperventilating.

"Hey, it's alright accidents happen. Now if you hit me that'd be a different story. That bike is my life" the man laughed lightly. I smiled a little bit at his dark humor.

"I really am sorry, I daydreamed and it almost cost a life," I said sadly.

"You are more than welcome to make it up to me by going out on a date with me," The stranger said. I looked over his body and face for the first time and realized just how handsome he was. Holy shit. He could be one of the boys friend, that's for sure. I rolled my eyes but smirked as I nodded to him. What could go wrong?

"How about this upcoming Friday? Give me your phone and I'll put it in my phone," He said. I gave it to him as he typed in his number and sent it a quick text. "Now you have mine, see you Friday, I'll text you the details that cool?"

"Yeah, sure no problem. By the way what is your name?" I spoke to him still dumbfounded.

"Alex," He said as he winked at me. He turned around and got back to his bike. He revved his engine, took a look at me and took off. I was too lost for words. I'm going on a date with a guy I almost ran over named Alex.

I finally got back on the road after I processed what all has happened in such a short time. I started up my car and proceeded to go meet Jimmy at The Pier. I wonder how it was going to go, he was really unpredictable at times and that was the scariest thing about that man. As I drove down the road 'Wrong Side of Heaven' by Five Finger Death Punch began to scream out the speakers. I smiled as I began to sing out the lyrics. It seemed like no time I pulled up into the parking lot of The Pier. I smiled as I looked out the window to see Jimmy waving his hands around like a crazy person pointing his finger at empty spots outside.

I shut the door and ran up behind Jimbo and covered his eyes. He stopped in his tracks and began to scream, "Unhand me beast! I know karate don't make me use it!" I smiled and held in my laughter as I decided jumping on his back would be the best thing to do. You know, riding a Jimmy. Which only resulted in him screaming more. I jumped off of him ad waited for him to stop running around in a circle trying to get me off.

He stopped randomly and pointed at me, "YOU!" I giggled loudly as he lifted me up in the air with his arms around my waist. "You made me blind and scared!"

"Oh you cry baby sissy girl," I said as I laughed harder. I looked down at Jimmys hand, which was slowly going up to my breast. "Jimmy, your hand,"

"Oh, sorry," Jimmy said as he turned to look around and scratched the back of his head.

"Probably the best breasts you've ever felt ain't it Jimmy," I said as I laughed. "Come on, I'm hungry It's been a hard day already,"

The waitress led us to our seating outside just like Jimmy was yelling about earlier. We sat across from each other and just smiled. "I've missed you Elena, you are my best friend and I'm so sad we never got to talk to each other over these past years," Jimmy spoke. I looked at the ground and looked back into his eyes as he grabbed my hands. "Don't leave me again please. Seriously,"

I nodded my head as I placed my second hand on top of his. "I'm not going anywhere, you're the one with the big bucks and the big life now. So you can pay for this meal!" I said to him teasingly.

"Planned on it anyway," Jimmy said as he looked to his side and smiled.

We talked about the past, the present and what we want out of the future. I missed him so much, and I'm so glad to finally have him back in my life. It was way to long. But this is only the beginning of our renewed friendship. I needed him, and I love him.

At the end of our lunch, we hugged which felt like forever. I didn't wanna let go, but being reassured a hundred times by Jimmy, we were going to hang out again sooner than later. I just dreaded going back to work in the morning.