Status: New!!

My Own Purgatory

Tell Me More

he next morning I was on my laptop on the bed in the room trying to find things about Mr. March. I couldn’t find anything then I saw an article about James then when I clicked on it the internet when out.

“What the hell.” I mumbled.

Why would the Wifi go out? I mean that’s weird maybe it was due to the storm or something. I closed my laptop and put it back in my bag then proceeded out the door. I shut the door to the room and pressed the elevator call button. I put my hair in loose side braid while I waited for the elevator.

I heard someone beside of me and it was a man with dark hair and magnetic blue eyes. He looked handsome but I don’t know if he’s my type.

“Room 64?” He asked.

“Huh?” I said looking at him.

“You’re staying in room 64.” He told me.

“Yeah, I’m staying in that room why?” I asked.

“A beautiful girl like you should stay in the most lavish in this place.” He replied as we stepped in the elevator.

“Well, that’s the room I got.” I said.

“I’m Donovan by the way though.” He told me then shaking my hand.

“I’m Vanessa Kurio.” I replied smiling.

The doors opened to the lobby and we got out walking.

“You have a beautiful smile.” He said

“Thank you years of braces that was hell.” I replied.

“Why are you here?” He asked.

“I’m here for a new start, I caught my boyfriend of two years cheating on me with my best friend.” I said.

“Ouch, I know how that feels.” He replied.

“yeah, it sucks.” I told him.

We walked over to a couch and sat down seeing Iris watch us like a hawk.

“Tell me more about the Cortez?” I asked him.

“Well, if you want to know what this place is about, you have to know about the man who built it-- James Patrick March. He put atom of evil in his being into building this hotel. March was a self-made man-- oil, coal. But he was new money, shunned by the elites of East Coast society. So he came west, to a land where pedigree meant little if you had a lot of dough. Here he would build a monument to excess and opulence, where he could satisfy his own peculiar appetites……”

----

“No one knows how many died. Rumor has it he averaged three a week. A lot more if he went on a bender.” He told me.

He told me a story about how James used to kill people in this very hotel and it didn’t bother me at all.

“His loyal minion. Miss Evers, the laundress. She said she could get a stain out of anything for Mr. March using a secret ingredient-- love.” He finished.

“yeah, sounds like she used a lot of fucking bleach.” I laughed.

“She probably did.” He chuckled.