Status: Let me know if I should make a sequel to this once I'm finished :)

Blissfully Fatal

Chapter 4

Alexis and I arrived at a little Italian restaurant that went by the name of ,"Bella Luna". This place was new to me, but I was willing to give it a try. Today was oddly pleasant. The sky was clear and blue, the leaves on the trees shone a wild green, the birds were singing proudly, and I was with the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. We both casually walked up to the podium where a polite waiter greeted us.
"Good afternoon. Welcome to Bella Luna, how many will be dining with you today?", The waiter smiled.
Alexis spoke with the most warming tone and responded,"Two for a booth, please."
"Right this way," The waiter said with a smile as he grabbed two menus from underneath the podium.
The waiter smoothly guided us through the restaurant until we arrived at a little red and gold booth with old pictures for decoration placed on the wall. I sat down and slid into the seat across from Alexis. The view distracted me from the people dining and the perfectly decorated interior. She looked absolutely stunning.
The waiter gave us a few moments to browse the menu and then asked,"May I get you folks anything to drink?"
Alexis pondered. "I'll have a wa-", she paused. I turned my head to look at her and she gave me a slight smirk and asked," How do you feel about wine Daniel?"
"Never had it." I responded. Alexis gasped and said," Well Daniel, today is your lucky day. I'll have a bottle of Terredora di Paolo wine, please." The waiter smiled, "Certainly. Can I get you started with any appetizers as well?" Alexis looked at me, waiting for an answer. "I don't really want any but you can get something if you want, Alexis." I responded. Alexis turned to the waiter and said," I think we will pass on the appetizers today, but thank you."
"Not a problem, the wine will be arriving at your table shortly." The waiter said with a smile and started to head towards the bar.
Once he walked away, I decided it was time to engage in conversation. "I know he's being polite, but that guy sure does smile a lot. Pretty much to everything we say." I said. She laughed. Her laugh was beautiful. "Right, like talking to us was the highlight of his day. Who knew asking a guy to bring us Italian alcohol could brighten up his day so much." We both laughed. I know this is stupid, but this moment was special to me. Just the two of us, laughing and enjoying each other's company. I couldn't have asked for a better day.
The waiter returned with a bottle of wine in his hand, and that same smile placed on his face. Alexis and I exchanged looks, holding back our laughter. "Here you are, folks. I hope you are pleased with our wine here. Have you decided on what we can get you today?"
Alexis knew exactly what she wanted and ordered proudly. I didn't take a single glance at the menu, all of my focus was placed on her the entire time. I didn't want to keep him waiting so I just ordered a typical Cesar salad. He wrote down our orders and swiftly moved towards the kitchen. Alexis looked at me and chuckled," A salad at an Italian restaurant?" I laughed and said," Hey, I didn't look at the menu, I was too busy making fun of how our waiter is so easily satisfied. Karma at it's best I assume."
"I guess so." she chuckled. We stared at each other for a second. When I first saw her, I instantly fell in love. Love at first sight was corny to me. I think it's corny to everyone until it happens, at least. In the back of my mind, I wondered if she felt the same way when she saw me. For my whole life, something was missing. It was almost like walking around down this empty, dark tunnel my entire life, except this tunnel seemed to have no light at the end. When I laid my eyes on Alexis, I seemed to be closer than ever to the end of this blackness that followed me like a shadow. I wasn't sure what was at the end of this invisible tunnel, but I knew it would be something beautiful if she was standing there.