Status: Let me know if I should make a sequel to this once I'm finished :)

Blissfully Fatal

Chapter 7

The drive home was rather quiet. The radio was off and Ryan was, of course, passed out in the passenger seat. I just calmly sat with both hands on the steering wheel and stared at the road ahead. As I was approaching a traffic light, I saw a girl sitting on the side of the road. I started driving a little slower and stopped in front of her. It was dark, I couldn't really make out her face right away, I only saw the outline. I quickly switched my emergency lights on and rolled down my window. I started to speak,"Um hello ma'am, do you need he-" I stopped. The girl sitting on the side of the road was no stranger. It was Alexis. She looked terrified, her beautiful green eyes were filled with tears. I immediately got out of the car and exclaimed,"Alexis?!" She quickly stood up and threw herself into my arms. She started crying. "Danny, I'm so glad you're here!" She sobbed.
"What the hell happened? Why are you out here?" I questioned.
She wiped her tears away and looked at me, still holding onto me. "I was staying at a friend's house and she fell asleep. She picked me up so I didn't have my car and my parents called me and asked me to come over because I left a few things there since I just moved out to stay on my school's campus so my friend's brother offered to drive me home.." She stopped talking.
"And?" I said eager to know what was going on. She held me tighter and said,"Well, I've known him for years and I always thought he was a really nice guy. But tonight when we were in the car, he confessed that he's been in love with me since I was in 6th grade and he passed my house and I told him he made a wrong turn and he just kept driving. I started screaming at him and he said ,"Quiet, you're coming with me." and put his hand on my thigh and I smacked it away. I kept yelling at him and he just kept saying "You're coming with me" louder and louder. I yelled no and told him to let me out as loud as I could and he grabbed my arm really hard and pushed me against the door of the car and tried to kiss me. I tried rolling down the window and yelling help but no one heard me. He told me to shut up and I punched him in the face and then he opened my door while the car was moving and threw me out."
I was pissed. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead. "Who the hell is this guy?" I said angrily.
She looked scared. "No, Danny please don't. Calm down. He's insane, just stay away from him."
"Alexis, he tried to hurt you. Actually, he did hurt you. Who the hell is he?" I said, slowly growing impatient.
She refused to tell me. I don't think I've ever been this mad and worried in my entire life. I think she knew that too which is why she wanted me to calm down first. She had dirt on her from the road and I could see the marks on her arm from that bastard which only made me angrier.
I motioned to the car and told her to get in. I opened her door for her and she appeared to be limping a little. I helped her onto the seat.
"I'll take you to your parents house, where do they live?" I tried to say calmly.
She nervously replied," I can't go there. They can't know what happened. If they find out, they will make me move somewhere else with them and I have to complete school here, I'm halfway through the semester and I love New York."
"You can spend the night at our place but we are calling the police, Alexis." I said.
Alexis nodded and said,"Okay", Her was voice still trembling.
The drive home was dead silent. I had no words for what happened to her. I hated this guy, I wanted to find him. I could genuinely kill him. Although, I wanted to, I respected Alexis's orders. Once we arrived home, I called the police and they came within a few minutes. They questioned Alexis and asked what happened. She explained and they said they would do their best to find the person who did that to her and keep us updated on it. After they left, I hugged her again. "You can take a shower if you want, bathroom is just down that hall." I motioned towards the hallway.
"I don't have clothes remember." She said blankly. I guided her into my room and showed her my closet and dresser. "You can wear something of mine for the night." I said. She smiled and picked up an old T-shirt from one of my drawers. "Thanks, Danny." She said as she started walking towards the bathroom. Ryan was passed out in his bed still. I walked back into my room and started to do some work on my computer while I waited for her to get out of the shower.
A little while later she came out of the shower, wearing my shirt that was much bigger on her. She stood in my doorway and said,"Hey, whatcha working on?" I stared at her for a moment. She made my old, raggedy shirt look beautiful. Her body looked alluring in it. I quickly glanced away and she knew what I was thinking, which caused her to laugh a little. "Uh, nothing much. Just a paper for school. I'm going there to become a doctor." I said awkwardly.
She smiled,"Huh, I didn't know you wanted to become a doctor Danny."
"Well, I really want to help people. Being a brew master isn't as cool as it sounds. You're constantly surrounded by alcohol, which also comes with the price of being around the crazy alcoholic driven people." I stated.
She nodded and said,"That is very true. I probably wouldn't like it so much either. But if i could sneak a beer or two to take some of the edge off, I could deal with it. She laughed.
"You do realize you would get fired for doing that, right?" I chuckled. "Not only for deducting the business's supply, but for being drunk on shift too."
She sighed,"Ah, a girl can dream though."
"Well, what's yours?" I asked.
"My what?" She questioned.
"Your biggest dream", I replied.
She sighed again,"Oh Danny, we will have to carry on this conversation tomorrow. I'm exhausted."
"Okay. You can take my bed, I'll sleep on the couch." I said.
She paused for a moment without saying anything. When she finally spoke she asked,"Actually, can you stay in here with me?"
"You want me to sleep with you?" I said, alarmed by this. "I don't mean it like that. I meant-" she cut me off ,"I know what you meant." She chuckled. "But yeah, stay with me."
I smiled. She walked over to the bed and plopped down onto her back. I walked to the other side and I finally built up the courage to lie down next to her. I was weirdly nervous. I laid on my back with my arms placed behind my head. She then turned over and put her head on my chest. I smiled and wrapped her in my arms, and then we slept. No sex, just slowly drifting into a peaceful sleep. I didn't think I had a happy place but I found out that night I did, and it wasn't on a tropical island or inside of a big house, it was a person. A person that whenever I was around them, it felt like home. So if Alexis was considered home, then I guess you could say home was my happy place.