Status: Let me know if I should make a sequel to this once I'm finished :)

Blissfully Fatal

Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up and noticed that Alexis was no longer in bed with me. I quickly popped up and as I exited my bedroom, I found her making coffee in the kitchen. She turned around and smiled at me. "Good morning, sunshine." She said happily. I rubbed my eyes and tiredly responded with,"Morning." She laughed and said,"You're still tired? By the way you bolted in here I couldn't even tell."
"I thought you might've left." I blankly replied. She turned around to look at me and asked,"Where else would I go, Danny?" The truth is, I had no idea where she could go. She was so unpredictable. One day we were sitting down at this lovely restaurant, laughing and talking all evening , then before I knew it, she was nearly killed by her friend's psycho brother. I knew it wasn't her fault but after that incident, I believed anything was possible.
A few moments later, Ryan came stumbling into the kitchen. I tossed him some Advil because I knew he always had a pounding headache once the aftermath of his long night of partying caught up to him. Ryan strongly believed that a headache was a sign of "partying success" and that if he didn't get one the next day, he didn't party hard enough. I love him to death, he's like my brother but he's also a moron.
He glanced over at Alexis and then back at me. He raised his eyebrows and then gave me a calm smirk. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at him. "So, what happened last night while I was asleep?" Ryan asked with a smirk. "Alexis ran into some trouble last night and had to crash here." I responded, trying not to show how utterly annoyed I was starting to become. "Care to elaborate on what this "trouble" was?" Ryan questioned. Alexis started talking and told Ryan what happened. She explained everything from the moment I found her on the side of the road to the conversation with the police. Ryan looked at me with concern. "What the hell? What a maniac. That dude deserves some serious jail-time." Ryan said.
"Yeah, no kidding." I responded. I was beginning to feel my anger slowly start to return as the incident replayed in my head. I looked over at Alexis and caught a glimpse of the marks he left on her arm from grabbing her so harshly. I immediately turned away. I thought about how bad I wanted to give that guy what he deserved. My jaw was clenched and my fist was balled by my side, my face was starting to turn red and I stared straight ahead. I knew Alexis noticed that I was starting to become enraged because she hugged me and tried to relax me by running her hands down my back. "It's okay. I'm okay now." She whispered. I exhaled and loosened my grip. After she let go of me, I walked to my room without saying a word. She looked at Ryan worriedly and Ryan just shrugged back, unsure of what was going on. I stood by the window, trying to calm down as I carefully observed the looks of my city. It wasn't long before Alexis appeared in my doorway. She spoke very softly and quietly mumbled,"Danny?" I was silent for a few moments and I didn't turn away from the window. "Mhm." I finally said. "What's wrong, Danny?" She asked, seeming genuinely concerned. I remained silent , still gazing outside of the window. "Talk to me, Danny." She insisted. I stood there for a moment, without movement. I finally turned around and said," I'm pissed, Alexis."
"Well, I can see that. Tell me why." She blankly noted. I slowly walked over to the unmade bed and sat down. I leaned over, placing my head inside of my hands, giving me an unobstructed view of the floor. "You could've been killed." I started, "Every time I look down at your arm, I see the marks. I can physically see what that bastard did to you and it makes me furious. I wish I could've been there. I wish I could give him what he so rightfully deserves. The fact that I couldn't only further upsets me. I never want anything to happen to you, Alexis but something did happen and now I don't even want to let you out of my sight until he's locked up for good." I lowered my head and sighed. She walked over to the bed and perched next to me. She crossed her legs then looked at me. She finally spoke," You're right, Danny. I could have been killed.. but I wasn't. I'm alive and I'm here, safe with you." She placed her hand on my shoulder and continued,"Look, what happened was really scary but we can't change it. There's no use in getting upset whenever the situation is brought up, we just have to try and move on. Sure, I got a little bruised in the process but hey," She smiled ,"It'll only make me stronger." I looked at her and sat upright. I pulled her closely into my arms and held her tightly, resting my chin on top of her head. I felt her wrap her arms around me and I smiled slightly. "You're brave, Alexis," I whispered, "That's one of the many things I admire about you." She pulled away. "Danny, can you promise me something?" She asked.
"Anything." I calmly answered.
"Promise me that you won't let me live an ordinary life, that when I die, my story will be worth telling. I want to be remembered, I don't want to die as a nobody." She said.
"Alexis, you will never be a nobody." I assured her.
"Promise?" She questioned.
"I promise." I responded.
She began to speak," I'm glad I can count on you, Daniel."
I smiled at her. "Always." I said.
"Always." She answered, smiling back at me.