A Sparrow Stole My Heart

Chapter 2

Stomping aboard my beautiful ship, I scream loudly, "All hands on deck!"

Standing there, I hear loud crashes, thumps and swearing from below. My crew piles infront of me.

"Yes Cap'n?" one says eagerly.

"I found Sparrow."

They start to cheer loudly but I hush them. "But, he ran off."

They groan.

"I need to bribe him ladies and gents. Now...what kind of treasure do we have left eh?"

They rush off towards the forecastles in search of my much needed bribe. Walking over to the railing, I stare out at the blue ocean water.

I hope this will work.

20 minutes later, they return to the deck with theirpossessions. I walk past each of them. I see blankets, spoons and food. I look at them with a blank expression.

"I'm talkin' about ye treasures! Not this junk!"

Reluctantly, they pull out medium sized, leather pouches. Gold coins, pearls, diamonds, rubies and opals. Biting my lip, I take the jewels and coins.

"I promise I will give ye them back only if he doesn't want them. Otherwise I'm sorry mates, but we need this."

They nod in agreement. Sighing, I walk quickly off my ship and stalk off to find thatmenacingpirate. 3 hours later after trudging through Tortuga, I spot him sitting on top of a barrel by himself drinking rum of course. Not even 5 feet away from me, he spots me out of the corner of his eye and jumps up to run. I stop him dead in his tracks though, pointing my gun at his face. He gives up by sighing loudly and mumbling to himself.

While walking over to me, he slurs, "What do ye want Rossy?! There's nothing I can do!" while raising his hands up.

I pull out the bags, dangling them in front of his face. He makes a confused, thinking face.

"What's in it?"

"Bribes."

His lips curl into adevilishsmirk, "Aye, let's see now."

He walks me over to the barrel, spilling out the contents. Looking at the sparkling jewels and the gold coins before him, he puts his fingers over his lips, trying to decide on what to do.

Come on Jack, take the bait, take it!

He picks out the rubies, gold and diamonds.

"Love,this is all junk. What do ye want with those?"

He laughs, putting the jewels he picked into his own pouch.

Shit

I bite the inside of my lip, grabbing the rest of the jewels. "Follow me."

I start walking then stop, turning around to see him standing in the same spot.

"'N where do ye think ye be takin' me?"

I roll my eyes, "To me cabin."

His mood lightens up and he smiles widely. "Really now? Well ten! Let's not stand around!"

He quickly walks past me as we both walk towards my ship. Walking up, my crew stares at us. I glare at them, telling them to go away. Jack turns to me, grinning still and I know what he's thinking.

"Lead the way love."

I head towards my cabin, Jack following close behind. We walk into my room. Spotless and neat. Like a good Captains quarters should look like. Jack spots my bed and he lays down.

"So...this is ye's bed. Nice. Very comfy."

I raise an eyebrow as he flashes a grin. I turn towards my desk, pulling out my own pouch of jewels. I look them all over, making sure they are there. I look over my shoulder and he's still laying there. Hands behind his head, legs crossed at the ankles and he's starring at me.

"Your not here for that reason Sparrow."

He frowns as I turn to him, holding the pouch out to him.

"I think these will be more to your likings."

His face turns serious now as he gets up and takes it. He looks at me for a quick second then opens the bag, peering into it. He stares at them for a good 2 minutes, then at me.

"Where diid you-"

"I've traveled. For being just 24 I have gone to more places than a immortal."

He pulls out a few stones. A few are purple, some red and the others are mixed colors.

"Amethyst,Sun-stone, Moonstone topaz and Mystic topaz...they are worth lots."

His gaze is transfixed on the sparkling stones in his hands.

"Y-your willing to give these up love? For just-"

He looks up at me and I have my pistol pointed at his head.

"Please...I have given you mybargains, just tell me where it is."

He chews on the inside of his lip and goes back to my bed, laying down on his back again. I growl and put my pistol on my dresser, then walk over to him.

"Mr. Sparrow I-"

"Jack. Call me Jack love."

My mouth a-gap, I glare at him.

"Don't try to change the subject Sp-"

He grabs my wrist, quickly pulling me down onto the bed and jumping on top of me, pinning both my arms down.

"Get off my now! You pig! You filthy-"

"Pirate!"

He grins and I start to flail my body around to get out of his grip. He just laughs.

"Your not as strong as ye think. Give up."

I don't though. I fling myself, left to right for a few more minutes. Then I give up, sighing angrily.

"Why won't you let me go??"

He shrugs, "Entertaining."

"Let me go."

He scrunches his face like he's thinking then says, "No."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Come on!!"

He chuckles, "Only if you do something."

I squint my eyes, knowing what he's thinking. "No."

"It's just a kiss!"

"And one you shall neverreceive!"

"I have before."

He smirks, gold caps sparkling. My face turns red.

"That was one time and it never was meant to happen."

He leans closer to my face, I feel his hot breath touch my lips.

"Come on love. Just...one..."

He leans closer, "Kiss."

His lips press softly against mine. I stare at his closed eyes, not doing anything. He pulls away, biting his bottom lip and letting go of my arms. I push him off, walking to my desk as I remember that night...