A Sparrow Stole My Heart

Chapter 3

-flashback-

Im walking down the streets of Tortuga, heading towards one of my favorite bars. The Redlight Inn. I walk through the open doors, looking for my crew members. I spot them sitting at the back tables. They see me and raise their cups to me, cheering loudly. I smile, walking their way. My first mate Allyson, hands me a cup of rum and I raise it high.

"To our first victory as a new crew."

They raise theirs in unison.

"Cheers mates."

"Cheers!" they shout together, chugging down the sweet liquid.

I grin at them, taking a large sip of my own.

-2 hours later-

"Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me! We pillage and plunder, we rifle and loot, drink up me hearties YO HO!"

my crew, myself and also a few others in the place, started singing loudly in a drunken tune.

Allyson and I have been joking around, making fun of people we've known. I stumble out of my seat and walk with my arms raised, swaying my hips. Allyson giggles at me. I stop, turning around and walk back to her.

"I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy?"

She laughs even harder as I strut in front of her.

"How 'bout ye visit me cabin love?"

A few of my crew members join in with the laughter. I start giggling as I stand there, playing with my invisible mustache.

I grab my jug of rum, "Woo! It's hot. I'll be back."

Allyson nods as I stumble and wobble my way to the bathrooms. Walking down to the basement, I trip over the last step and laugh a little. Someone bumps into me, knocking my rum to the ground. I turn to them to notice it's only Jack Sparrow with his arms crossed and a stern look planted on his face.

"Ye knocked over me rum!"

"Who do ye think ye are, making fun of a Captain eh?"

I scoff, poking his chest and getting close to his face, "I can do whatever I feel like hmm?"

He smirks as I sway and smile, "Is the Amber Rossy trying to tell me somethin'?"

I push him, "It's Captain and no! Like I would want-"

I stare at his face, taking in his features. Rich, dark chocolate eyes, long dreaded hair, sexy smirk. I move closer to him, putting my left arm around his neck and playing with his beard with my right. He holds onto me as I trip over my own feet.

"-to kiss those lips."

His smirk grows wider and he whispers, "I think ye want to."

I start to giggle, placing my hands on his chest, "Ye wrong Sparrow."

I lean even closer and bite his bottom lip. He looks around, leading me towards the bathrooms. I stumble, landing against the wall giggling. Jack rushes to hold me up as I almost fall. He stares into my eyes, moving a few stray strands of my hair. I stare back, leaning forward quickly. I place my lips on his. They curl into a smile as he presses our bodies against the wall.

-end flashback-

I sit down and open my drawer in my desk.

Jack says to me, "What's so important about the map?"

I grab the papers, placing them on my desk. A few strands of black hair falls out of place, tickling my cheek.

I lift a secret compartment, staring at what's inside and whisper, "My angel."

"What?" his voice is confused.

I stare at a small painting of a little girl. My head starts to mess with me as I hear her laughing. Her hair is black as coal, her eyes a soft dark brown, her lips are curled into a beautiful smile. I hold back the tears, reaching for it and taking it out. I feel the canvases rough surface and the paint still smells new. The little girl laughs again, making my tears fall.

I whisper a little louder, looking up at Jack with thepaintingheld to my heart, "My angel."

He gets up walking to me. He stretches his arm out, asking for it. I look at him while I place my most cherishedpossessionin his hands. He stares it over for quite awhile. I can't tell if he's sad, angry or confused. Maybe all three. I cover my mouth as more tears fall.

Jack steps back, looks at me, then thepaintingagain, "Is this..."

I nod. His fingers move slowly over it, "She looks just like you. Little beauty."

I bite my lip hard. He puts the painting back, along with the papers.

"Didn't know ye had a child. How old is she love?"

I sniff, drying my eyes, "She'll be 5 next week."

His eyebrows lift, "Wow, who's the lucky lad."

I look away from his gaze as my heart races, "I-I don't know." I lie.

I look back to him and he seems hurt, but I shake it off my mind.

"Her name?"

"Piper"

He nods, walking back to my bed, "how 'bout...we make an accord?"

My eyes turn to slits, "What kind are ye talking about?"