A Sparrow Stole My Heart

Chapter 8

I make my way across the deck to follow William to where he's putting the barrels. Walking on the toes of my boots, I sneak a peak around the corner to see him placing down the heavy barrel. He groans, wiping sweat off of his forehead while sighing. Here's where I come in, right when he turns around.

He jumps, "Captain Rossy, I didn't see ye there!"

I grin at the lad, "It's alright love. Why don't ye take a short break, chat with me."

He eyes me as I drag him to the edge of railing. It's silent, I can tell he's nervous for what it is I want to talk with him about.

"I've noticed how you've been eyeing me Allyson boy."

His head quickly snaps towards me with a worried expression on his face, "Captain, I-"

"Call me Amber, William."

"Amber, I swear it's just...just-"

I grin, placing a finger over his lips, "Ye like her. I understand. She likes ye too."

"Your-Your not mad? Wait, did ye say she likes me?"

I nod, smiling at how silly he's acting, "Yes she does! And I want ye to do something about it! For ye see, she's a little shy."

He blushes a bit while letting out a nervous chuckle, "So am I."

"Aye! I don't want to hear that out of ye! Be a man! Not a wuss!"

I back a way a little, giving him the stink eye, "Your not a eunuch are ye?"

Looking at me strangely, slightly glaring he says, "Your just like Jack ye know that?"

I glare now, "Don't ever compare me to that foul creature!"

He smirks, "I'll talk to Allyson. But honestly Amber, your more alike than you seem to realize."

Walking away from me to finish his barrels, I scoff as I turn to look out at the calm water and the sun heading below the horizon.

Jack and I, alike? What is that boy thinking?
♠ ♠ ♠
woa sorry for the wait D:
I saw Public Enemies yesterday :] sparked my interest back in Johnny
om nom nom nom

Image