Status: in production!

Deal With the Devil

Duo

She ran. Hard.

Her legs and arms pumped back and forth, her chest heaving. Glancing behind her, she could still see him.

“Fuck,” she ground out, her teeth clenched, and she tried to push herself faster. She was almost there.

She could hear the car coming. Biting her lip, she pushed herself further. Harder.

Suddenly, the tree line broke and she came to the pavement. She almost stumbled, but out of the corner of her eye, she saw the headlights. Unfortunately, he didn’t.

He ran right into the line of the car. They couldn’t do anything but hit him. The windshield dented, but fortunately it didn’t crack. He went flying over the roof and landed about twenty feet away. She halted, and screamed. Her scream was silenced by the squalling of tires as the car skidded to a halt.

They climbed from the car. The driver took one look at his windshield and groaned.

“Son of a bitch!”

The passenger immediately ran to the guy he’d hit and begun to crouch down.

“No!” she burst out. “Don’t! You don’t know what he is!”

In the time that it took for the shaggy-haired guy to look at her, the who’d been chasing her got up on his feet. The shaggy-haired man whirled around and was lunged at. She screamed, but the guy started to scream as well, his skin glowing almost a bright orange before he fell silent.

“What the hell?” she asked, looking back and forth between the two guys.

“Care to explain why my windshield needs replacing?” the short-haired guy asked. “Or why you were being chased by a demon?”

She opened her mouth to reply but came up short. “You know what he was?”

“Sweetheart, I’ve seen more demons in my lifetime than you’ve probably thought about.”

“What’s your name?” the shaggy-haired one asked.

“Winnie…James. Winnie James,” she grounds out, desperately trying to remember her last name.

“…Winnie?” the short-haired one asked.

She shifted on her feet. “It’s short for Winnifred, but I despise that name.”

“Why were you being chased by a demon?” the longer-haired one asked.

She eyed them both, but said nothing.

He took her silence in stride. “It’s okay, you can trust us. I’m Sam. Sam Winchester. This is my brother Dean.”

Inside, her heart beat a bit faster, but she tried to look relieved. She assumed they bought it by the confused look on their faces.

“Thank God… I’ve been trying to find you guys for days now! They’ve been on my tail ever since and I haven’t know what the hell to do!”

“Why have you been looking for us?” Sam asked.

“Because you’re the Winchesters! Even in Hell, you’re famous. The Winchester brothers. For years, we’d heard whispers about you guys and both of your time here.”

They both noticed how she fidgeted after she said that.

“What aren’t you telling us?”

Her eyes lifted to Dean’s and she stared at him. “I guess I have you to thank for how I got some of my scars. They were your forms of torture, after all.”

Dean blanches and his eyes widen. His mouth falls open but he says nothing.

“How long have you been in Hell?” Sam asks.

“Uhm…I think two years. Two or three. I guess, in human years.”

“That’s like 240 years,” Dean said, his face falling.

Winnie just shrugged.

“Why are demons after you?” Dean asked, crossing his arms. “What makes you so important?”

“I escaped.”

“Escaped what?” Sam asked, stepping forward.

Winnie sighed, her entire body relaxing. Pain flashed in her eyes.

“Hell. I escaped Hell.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i promise these won't be crap much longer. i'm currently re-watching some seasons because i forget what happens. so i'm in season 4 right now to see what Dean went through in Hell that way i can use it for Winnie! happy times, ya know?

so enjoy the super short chapter :) i promise they'll get longer.