The End of Light

Perfect Angel

Life is a Yin and Yang sign. It is not just simply black or white. There is not just light or darkness. Good and bad are not completely parallel. In fact, the Yin and Yang sign is a symbol that interlinks the two sides and morphs it into one. It is an impressive and vibrant piece of art that, no matter where a person comes from, they must always see that in every evil lies goodness and even in goodness, there can be darkness.

Vega was one of those good girls who seemed to carry no flaws on her shoulders. It was the way she liked people seeing her. She was a girl who liked to make people happy. Her personal happiness was actually fencing. It was not considered a popular sport in any way. It was a 'nerdy' sport and meant for the kids who think they could use their swords as wands like they were wizards or knights at the round table of camelot.Vega actually was not all the nerdy. She had some nerdy qualities but she also liked the popular music and going to concerts.

Fencing practice had just gotten out after an hour and a half as it did every week night. Vega walked out of the locker room to see Tyce was sitting on the ground playing his video game as he sat on the gym floor. There were only a couple people left and half the lights were off to warn everyone to get out soon. Vega swung her armor behind her neck and reached out her hand to him. "Come on, Tyce. I'm Hungry enough to eat a cow." She pushed her nearly black hair behind her ears.

Tyce pretended to user her hand to get up but she probably would have fallen back down with him if he had. "Well, I'm hungry enough to eat an elephant." They always had gone back and forth like that. Ever since he dropped a piece of gum during American History in middle school and she took it from him. They were both now in college and were both in the same Community College. They had started the fencing club and in their two years there, they had racked up a sturdy 12 other players.

She smiled at his response to her and she got her gum out of her bag and gave him a piece. "well, this should be good to tie you over before main course."

Tyce took it and put it in between his lips until it was disappeared into his mouth. He had dirty blonde hair and a dark blue eyes and wore glasses. He would wear contacts but he was rather lazy and would never want to take them out at night. He had several infections before because of his negligence. There was no doubt that Tyce had great potential. In all honesty, he was a good looking guy who just never saw himself as attractive and would rather be comfortable than look good.

The stars were out. It was dark and the world seemed almost still. Tyce got in his beaten up little black car and Vega got in on the other side. They went to a diner that was open 24/7. It was typical for a New Jersey town to be open at all hours of the night. People seemed to be scared to miss something if they did not stay awake. They quickly walked into the diner, smiling and talking about the tournament that started in just a few days. It was going to be pretty cool. It was there first tournament against another school since the club started.

They sat in a booth in a corner away from some other people that had decided to go there for their Friday night outing. As soon as their waitress came, they knew what they wanted. They both ordered cokes and cheese burgers with fries. It was not the healthiest thing for an athlete but these were just average people who did fencing for fun.

Tyce looked up at Vega as she looked at the several colors of neon lights that were all around the place. Ever since she was a little girl, she had an infatuation with them. Every time she went to the diner, she would look into those lights and daydream about almost the same thing that she did when she was a child. She thought about the people who have made her feel horrible and had almost made her give up at several times in her life.

Her enemies were far and few as far as she knew. People have said some horrible things to her but she never quite new why. Just a few weeks ago, a girl who she had previously thought to be her friend decided to cut her out of her life and call her unnecesary names. Vega's face was turning red from this a little bit.

Tyce wanted to say something important to her but whenever he tried to tell her, it always came out all wrong. Tyce gulped and licked his lips. "Vega? Can I ask you something?"

Vega was still daydreaming about this. As soon as Tyce called her name again, she looked over at him and took a deep breath and gave him a soft smile. "Yeah? Sorry, Tyce. What did you say?"

The boy just shook his head. As much as he cared for Vega, he also got annoyed when she would zone out for the reasons. He always knew what she was thinking about but he always decided to dismiss it because he didn't want to make her even more unhappy than she appeared to be.

The brunette girl just smiled slightly in an attempt to apologize with her face. Tyce bit his lip. "Forget it. I completely forgot what I was going to say."

She sipped her coke. "I don't know what to do anymore. I keep having these terrible thoughts about Meg and the more I think about her, the angrier I get. I don't understand what changed." She put her drink down and then folded her arms.

"You can't keep blaming yourself for what happened. You talk about it and you always think about what you had done when I don't believe you had done anything. I think Meg just has some personal issues." When Vega talked about her problems, she always told Tyce about them and he usually was her saving grace. People breaking away from Vega made her a mess and she could never stop blaming herself. She heard Tyce but she never truly listened to him.

"I tried my best, Tyce. I really tried to get over it and I still am but..." Her face was still lightly red as she spoke but she calmed down again. "It doesn't matter. I'll get over it."

Vega and Tyce ate their meals in peace and they spoke about their tournament at their college. There was to be a big party afterwards whether it was a win or a lose and both teams would be invited to it.

After, they had paid for their meals, Tyce drove Vega home. She grabbed her stuff from the car and smiled at him. He gave her a soft smile. "Hey, Veg. You're kick ass and if you can't forget about what Meg did to you, pretend the other person is her in the tournament."

She laughed lightly seeing what he said as a joke. Vega walked up to her doorway and watched him leave as her door closed. As soon as she was in, she went to her room and took off her clothes. She wrapped a towel around her and made her way to the bathroom to take a shower. The water turned on and as soon as the water was hot enough, she took off the towel and hopped in. A smile poked her face as she ran her face under the shower head. It was her favorite time of the day. When she could just put some mood lighting on in the bathroom and shower.

As her eyes clothes, she gave into her sadness and tears fell from her face. It was exhausting for her to think of all the things she could have done wrong. Vega kept her eyes shut and there was a Pierce of light coming through the window that she couldn't see. When she was done crying, she washed her body and hair. Just as she was about to get out, there was a large thud from the outdoors. Her eyes went wide and she wrapped the towel around her naked body. She peaked out the window and saw a giant metal ship. It was amazing to her and she had never seen anything like it. It was pretty small but big enough to just fit in her back yard. Her heard was racing a hundred miles a minute.

Vega ran to her bedroom and quickly put on some clothes over her damp body. She put her hair up in a ponytail and ran downstairs. Just as she was about to open the door to the back, a knocked came from the front. She looked across her house and her eyes stayed wide as her body seemed to become smaller.