The End of Light

Practice Makes Perfect

Kylo and Vega were sitting at the dinner table. Vega felt distant from Kylo. He was cold and seemed to not want to love anything or even be civil. Even while eating, he looked like he could kill her. Vega had gotten used to it over the past few days of their marriage and she now knew he would not hurt her. She was carrying something in her belly far more precious than her gut.

This was the first night of training. Katie had gotten her some clothes to practice sword fighting with and once dinner was finished, they would both meet in the sword room. It did not even phase Vega that this was dangerous. She had been fencing for quite a few years. She was good at it too. She had been in the local papers back on earth. It was just that she did not like to gloat. Gloating would not make her any better.

She stuffed her mouth with food like an animal and barely looked at Kylo. He did not like that at all. He sighed. "Why are you in such a rush?"

Vega looked up. "I'm eating for two now. I can eat as I please and also, after dinner, I want to go for a light run around the ship. I promise to be safe and not go in restricted areas. I could never do anything that would harm this baby."

Kylo looked at her still very small stomach and then looked around the room like looking for an answer. "Fine. You may go. I would like to see you back after an hour then." He put his elbows on the table and looked like he was praying, though clearly he wasn’t.

His bride just smiled and piled her dishes. "I'll be back in an hour." She went into their room and changed into the workout clothes that were on the bed. They were a bit like a storm trooper's outfit but much more feminine and small. She put it on and headed to the room. She stood around for a few minutes, wanting to look professional.

Katie walked into the room and shook her head. "What did he do to you? Did he stick a log up your ass? You'll cramp up. Never lock your legs. Never."

This through Vega off guard. "Oh... yeah, I know that." She gave a soft smile.

Katie handed her a beautiful sword and got one that was similar for herself. "I want you to try your best. Don't be scared to really fight."

The two women danced at each other and tried to jab at each other. It looked terrifying from the outside. Vega looked furious, like she was ready to win this competition but she was clearly scared of hitting the storm trooper.. Katie looked very well put together and did not show any emotion on her face. She made a quick move and almost stabbed the earthling.

Vega fell to the floor and shook as she kept her eyes on Katie. The poor girl was shivering and embarrassed. "I'm not good enough and I don't want to hurt you. Katie, I can't fight with these swords. It's going to end up in a disaster." She put her arms around her chest.

"Get up. Get up!"

"But, Katie." She interrupted her.

Katie didn't care and overlapped her. "I said get up! Or is this your death wish?" She looked like she was being serious. There was no sign that she was joking.

Vega stood up and tried to stop shaking. Katie Shook her head. "You need to control your feelings. Do not let them show through or else your opponent has already won."

"Is it really that obvious that I don't want to be holding a dangerous blade and almost killing someone with it?"

"You are very obvious. Now, show a neutral face." She sighed and gave some more advice. It was all very helpful and it definitely helped the girl. "Do not fear to kill your opponent. Your opponent is not your friend. Aim to kill."

Vega put her sword in front of her own face and closed her eyes to find some peace with the hard iron object.

They began fighting again and Vega got better a little bit each time with it.Eventually, fifty-seven minutes were gone. Vega gasped when she saw the clock. "Oh god. Kylo is going to kill me! Thanks for the practice, Katie." She then hobbled out of the room and across the deck to get to Kylo Ren's quarter as fast as she could.

There were no ways to explain how happy she was that the lights were out and he was in bed. She took off her armor and put it in the closet and changed into some pjs. She hobbled into bed and hoped her legs wouldn't feel so in pain in the morning.

She suddenly felt a hand on her waist. She turned to see Kylo was staring at her. "You look good without clothes on." He mentioned to her.

Instead of dealing with having sex with him, she closed her eyes. "My legs are sore from the run. Please, not tonight. Give it a few days." She then turned around. "Goodnight." She always kept as far away as she could from him.

Kylo found that to be pretty strange. How dare she say no to him? Was she disgusted by him? He turned her around. "Why do you say no? You don't think the feeling of each other will make it go away?" His way of seduction was very strange and he often made it clear that he had never really had a woman before.

"No, Kylo. Just let me sleep. It's been a long week."

He decided to obey her wishes although he did not agree with it. After all, he did get what he wanted. She was pregnant with a baby and this baby would be his heir. This excited him so sleeping with her was not a huge deal.