The End of Light

When Dreams Come True

Vega's heart thudded out of her chest as she opened her eyes and looked around to find she was leaning against the bath wall and had fallen asleep. It was quite cozy in the shower and it was a long day.

Once she cleaned her body, she hopped out of the shower and tried herself off. She walked into her room and picked up her phone and dialed a number. "Tyce, can you please come over?" When he gave her a positive answer, she put her pajama bottoms on and a light jacket. She wrapped her blanket around her and walked downstairs. Her fingers twisted the door lock so he could easily get it. Vega settled down on the couch and waited for him to come over.

Tyce walked in as soon as he could. No matter what he was doing, he was always there for her. He laid at the other end of her couch. "Hey, Veg. What's going on?" He put her feet on top of his body to make them both comfortable.

"I fell asleep in the shower and I had a strange dream. It was like an alien..." She was careful of what she was going to say but it all sounded silly. To not worry him with her words, she just smiled. "I was worried I was going to fall and I'm afraid I'm not doing too well right now."

Tyce turned on her tv. "I'll go make you some tea and popcorn then." Although Vega knew he couldn't even make popcorn, she still let him be nice to her and spoil her. It was nice that she didn't have to cook all the time. She wanted to put some faith in him and maybe he would not burn it this time.

A few minutes later and there was a burning smell. "Fuck," Tyce growled from the kitchen. "Everything is ok but I'm afraid we'll just have microwave popcorn instead of homemade." He sighed.

Vega rolled her eyes, a bit annoyed that she trusted him with her kitchen. Her voice went low and she looked in his direction. "The pot isn't blackened. Right?" There was no response and that really worried her. "Right?" She didn't want to sound mad at him and she tried her best to not but as much as she loved him, he had burned far too many of her kitchen appliances and pots and pans and whatever he could get his hands on.

The popcorn and tea were finally ready and Tyce cleaned up his mess. "Here is what I like to call, Gourmet Cuisine." She handed her a bowl of popcorn and her green tea. "I'll buy you a new pan. I promise."

Vega smiled at him. "No, you don't have to. You just have to be careful and make sure the stove is on medium and you are always tossing the food around so it doesn't burn. Please?" She gave him a pouty face and put the cup and bowl down and cuddled into him. She looked into his eyes and kissed his lips softly.

The kiss shocked Tyce. He knew she was maybe interested in him but he never thought to put it into action. After all, she was his best friend. He didn't want to ruin something as amazing as what they had. Then again, it wasn't everyday he was kissed by his best friend. He pressed his lips to hers too and put a hand on her neck.

Vega placed a hand on his thigh and a mini groan rose from his lips. The night was pretty young and they ended up having a good time together. The time was a little too good and they got heated. Words didn't need to be said. For as far as they both knew, this was a one time thing and they would never speak about it again.

The night was still a few hours later. It seemed like the world stopped spinning and it was just at a stand still. There was not a noise to be heard. Not a cricket played its voilin. Not a star sparkled. The moon was cold and dead. The best friends were sleeping next to each other. Tyce had his pants on and Vega had her sports bra and her pajama pants.

Everything was peaceful but it wouldn't be so for long. After an hour of sleeping, the door was kicked open and Vega looked over. There were what seemed to be soldiers from a different universe. They were wearing almost all white armor and there was no way to see skin. What was inside them and why were they there? She shook Tyce and he grumbled. "Tyce." She whispered as she rustled him more and looked like she was going to cry.

Tyce woke up and he looked at why she looked horrified to see the men coming at them. "Excuse me. Why are you here? We did nothing. We aren't felons or.." Before he could say another word, Vega shushed him and slapped his stomach. Two of the men shot Tyce with some kind of gun but she couldn't make out what it was. Tyce fell to the floor and she screamed, trying to get to his side but before she could, the men in white grabbed her arms and cuffed her up so she couldn't escape.

This is where she was led to a mini ship. It was black, just like in her dream but it was a different shape and far more alien and futuristic. Her eyes were red and she wanted to cry but she was too in shock. "Where are you taking me?" She asked this question and before she knew it, a white clothes was put on her face and she was out like a light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you guys subscribe to this story and tell me what you think!