The End of Light

Bedded Questions

It was still the same night of the dinner. It was late at night but Vega still couldn't tell the difference between night and day. Everything felt so strange and surreal for her that she did not want to ever sleep. She was in her room, just looking out upon space. How beautiful it was. It appeared to be that she knew this was as close to a hell that she could get. There really was no night or day. It was a constant and nowhere in space was the same. She had spent hours pondering this idea. She was just a sliver in time and space and it made her feel like no one was really looking for her or thinking about her. Even in all her deep thought about space, she thought about Tyce.

Vega took a deep breath and walked over to her door to find it locked. It frustrated her that they thought it was better for her to just be imprisoned in her bedroom. Where did she have to go? She definitely wasn't the type of girl to intentionally inflict harm on others and so why would they do this? She knocked on the door, wondering if anyone was just outside the door to make sure she was safe and sound.

A moment later, the door opened to a single storm trooper. "Is there a question?"

That frustrated her, him saying that. "Well, of course I have a question. I wouldn't have knocked." She took a breath and tried to stand tall. "I wish to speak to Kylo Ren."

The storm trooper just stood still and after a moment, he laughed. "Kylo Ren? He is in bed, just as you should be."

"I can't sleep. I only wish to see him for a few minutes. Please? I won't be able to sleep if I am not able to talk to him."

The soldier thought for a moment. "Fine, but if he throws a fit, you will not pin it on me. You will let him blame you for it."

That actually scared Vega. She had already seen Kylo Ren lose his mind once and she did not want to see him again. She knew she would lose her mind herself if she did not get some answers. And from there, she was led to Kylo Ren's chambers.

The soldiers patted her down to make sure she had no weapons or items that could be dangerous in any way. Once they were done, the doors opened of his room and she walked. She thought twice about going in but once she turned around to leave, the doors were closed. It was dark in the room but it was just as extravagant as her room, if not more so with even finer detailing. This was not just a room. It was a bachelor sweet.

She admired the alien detailing. Vega had just begun looking at all the detailing. She had never seen anything that looked like this. It was clearly foreign. The more she got into it, the more she forgot she was in Kylo Ren's room.

Vega heard a few footsteps and she looked down and her eyes traveled to the sound. The first thing she saw was feet and then a tall man in black pajama pants and then no shirt. He wasn't too hairy. He wasn't too muscular but he looked good. Her eyes then traveled to his face. They were tired and annoyed. "What could be possibly doing in my room at this time of night?" He sensed that she was going to be endless and so he guided her over to his mini kitchen and the bar of the island. He sat on one chair and turned it slightly to face her for when she sat down.

As soon as she sat, she bit her lip. "We're engaged now. I feel like I deserve some answers from you."

"What type of answers are you looking for?" He looked just as hard as he did when he had his helmet on. His mask had seemingly transformed him into the character that he was.

"Anything! I'm looking for anything I can get. For one, why kidnap me? Why take me from earth? The earth is full of people and you just had to pick me." She wanted to be careful with her words but her emotions were falling on top of her. A tear fell from her eye but she quickly wiped it. "I had friends. I had a family. I had .... I hope I had a bright future." She looked down at her lap.

Kylo showed no sign of remorse. "Before I give you any answers, what have you observed from these few days on this ship."

She folded her legs on the chair and put a hand on her neck before looking back at him. "I've observed that this is a professional ship. It's a ship of soldiers. You seem to be their commander or something. I can't tell if you're good or. ." She didn't know if she could say bad. Vega didn't know anything anymore. "I don't know." She shrugged her shoulders, giving up.

"This is a Star Destroyer. It belongs to a group called the First Order. The soldiers are called Storm Troopers. I'm an enforcer. I keep all the soldiers in line and I am going to finish what Darth Vader started."

The last line made her giggle a little bit which took Kylo Ren by surprise. Kylo looked at her furiously and stuck out his arm. She put her hands around her neck as a precaution and became a lot more serious. "You mock me again and I promise you won't enjoy what I do." He didn't take a hold on her with the force.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to mock you. It was never my intention. It's just, who is Darth Vader and what has he started? And how do you do that? Is it some kind of wizardry?" Those are words she never thought would come out of her. Vega was extremely interested.

Kylo Ren relaxed lightly. "Go back to your room, Vega. I've given you enough information for now. After our marriage, I suppose I'll tell you some more." He stood up and walked ahead of her to the door. She followed him but when Kylo Ren opened the door, he glared at the Storm Troopers and he closed the doors as soon as she was out.