Sequel: Kickstart My Heart
Status: Fin.

My Dearest Love.

Chapter 4

My Dearest Love,
By the time you are reading this, I am certain that you will have already done what was necessary. I know you, Layla, and I know that you will always do whatever it takes to protect your family. That includes stopping me, and I know that you will have done so by now. I want you to know that I understand. I knew that it would come down to this, and that you only did what was necessary. It’s alright, love. I hoped that you would stop me. I knew that you would.

This letter is just as much an apology letter as it is one of confession. I never meant any of those horrid things that I said to you, Layla. Henry was right. There has never been a woman I have ever loved more truly than I loved you. You were my happy ending, you always will be. I am sorry that I could not be yours. There is a reason that I said those things to you, love. I needed you to hate me. I needed you to think that I was too far-gone and past salvation. If you were not convinced, I know you would never have done what I asked of you. All of what I said was necessary, but none of it was true.

Part of me wishes that you had not believed me, that you had seen right through everything that I was saying to you. If you had, I know that you would have tried to find a way to save me, but there was no saving me. This ending was inevitable. You once told me that word was a fighting word for you and your brothers, but you need to understand that this was inevitable, love. There was nothing else you could have done.

I know that I have no right to be making any requests, but there is one that I must ask of you. Do not dwell on the what-ifs. I know that you likely will anyway, you never did listen when someone told you not to do something, but I need you to do these last things for me, Layla.

The house is yours to keep, as is my ship. I want you to have them both. I also want you to remember me as I was with you. Happy. A good man. You made me a better person, and I do not want you to think that any of what happened is your fault. It was my time to go, love. You need to understand that, and you need to understand that I will never forget all of what you have done for me.

I will always remember, and I will never stop loving you.

Never forget that, love.

Yours,
Killian


Her heart broke a second time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that was the last chapter. I hope you liked it. I know that the chapters were somewhat short, but that was just how I foresaw this story being. It also didn't give too much backstory on Layla and Killian, if you want some of that I can always link you to the roleplay my friend and I are doing, but I was just feeling sort of angsty and this happened. This probably won't be the last time I post anything with Layla and Killian, but the next story I hope to post will likely be one for Emma and Dean. If I have time while working on my senior thesis this semester, it should be up in the coming months. If not, it will likely be up over the summer, I guess.

Anywho, please comment, rec and subscribe if you enjoyed reading!