Status: New/Approved

Daemon Academy

Welcome to a whole new world

I thought that after a long car trip I would just be happy to get out of the car, but then I saw this intimidating school. Bigger than a college campus, the eerie school both frightened and intrigued me. There was a main gate supported by four big pillars and inside you could see three buildings like small castles. They had the same height about five to six floors each and they were painted dark red with black windows. They were beautiful.

I heard the bell ringing, and soon, I could see students going out from the first building to my left wearing the academy’s uniform; black trousers and dark blue shirt with a black tie for the boys, black skirt and dark blue shirt with a white tie for the girls. I could see two people talking outside of the second building, and they didn’t look like students. They had to be instructors or something.

Thinking that my mother wanted me to enroll in this academy, made it easier for me to accept my fate. It would be easier on Adrian too while he figured out how to end this family curse. He didn’t want me to suffer the way my mother suffered. I looked at Adrian as he made his way around the campus and sighed.

“Adrian?” I asked.

“Yes.” He never took his eyes off the road.

“I don’t mean to be so up and down with you. I’m just scared,” I explained. He pulled over, put the car in park and looked at me. “My life has changed a lot in the past few hours and my life will continue to change drastically. I have a huge secret I have to hide.” I said.

“I know your secret Pandora,” he said. He looked me in my eyes. “You know I don’t want to use your power.”

“So you just want to marry me for my cooking skills.” I smiled and he laughed. “I trust you so please don’t break that trust.” ” I whispered, begging him.

“I need you to know Pandora, I will never hurt you.” He grabbed my hand.

Being reunited with Adrian brought out a lot of emotions that I wasn’t ready for. I did love him, he was a good man and any girl would be lucky to have him, but after all I’ve been through, was I really in love with him? The days of us playing house where he was the husband and I was the wife are long over. It did make me smile remembering how he was a teenager playing house with a little kid.

“What are you smiling about?” he asked dragging me out of my rambling thoughts.

“How I used to torture you by forcing you to play house with me as a child,” I told him. He laughed.

Nostalgia rubbed on me as I remembered how he’d knock on my bedroom’s door and say, ‘’honey, I’m back,’’ before entering the room and I’d go to him with a huge smile hugging my face so I could kiss his cheek and welcome him home. He would sit on my bed and I’d get my toys and ask him if he wanted coffee or if he was hungry. I even remember how I used to say that I was a great cook so he had to marry me for real when I grew older. Back then, we would stay in my room for hours, or else I’d be dragging him around in the garden.

“I never minded babysitting you, Panda.” He admitted.

“I hate that nickname.” I mumbled.

“I know but I figured two things,” he said.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“Whenever you want to act childish, I’m going to call you that,” He warned. I glared at him. “Act like a kid, get treated like one.”

“What else?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Since in the eyes of the school I am only your legal guardian and teacher, this is my special connection to you. You’re my Panda,” he said. Looking him in these eyes, maybe I could get used to that nickname, but I wouldn’t let him know that.

We parked in front of the administration office, after I got out of the car I just stared at the building. Adrian placed his hand on the small of my back and led me up the stairs while I stared at the portraits and all the painting that were on the walls. Beautiful and strong demons, as well as scenery of places I had never seen.

In order to stay protected I had never went to school before. My parents tried to get me into elementary before when I was seven years old but around after one week, I was out. I would always return home with injuries and my parents would be worried sick about my well-being so they decided against sending me to school. My mother taught me everything I needed to know.

The office was full of bustling people. I sat quietly in a chair as Adrian spoke to the principal’s secretary. She walked us into the principal’s office and told us she would be joining us in a moment.

“Look, I know this isn’t the best time but I want to do this now.” Adrian dug in his pocket and pulled out a chain with a ring on it. A platinum band with a purple heart-shaped diamond embedded in the center.

“You’re proposing now.” I laughed.

“Just know whenever you need me, I’ll be there,” he said.

“A Lilith diamond?” I asked.

“Your favorite.” He fastened the necklace around my neck. I smiled at him as he remembered how much I loved the color and the history around this stone. I tucked it into my shirt.

“Tell me the story,” he said.

This used to be my favorite bedtime story from him when we were kids. “Legends say Lilith was the first woman created by God,” I started saying the tale.

“And?” he asked.

“After spurning Adam she’s said to have become a demon,” I replied.

“What kind of demon?” he questioned.

“A Tempestras.” He smiled and encouraged me to go on.

“Her power shook the world to its core but nothing was as powerful as her love for an Exustio demon named Orion. Exustio demons are the strongest demons in the fire category and they are able to produce fire via physical contact. Emotional duress can unwittingly cause shows of power because they literally have a hot temper. The both of them were said to have a love so strong their combined power created this rare diamond.” I looked into his mesmerizing eyes.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” The principal walked in and sat down. She was an older woman with an angular face and slicked back bun. She reminded me of a witch. “I’m Headmistress Grainger,” she introduced herself before she turned to Adrian. “Nice to have you back in the academy Mr. Yoskof.’’ They shared a handshake as she kept speaking. ‘’I must admit though that this is a little out of the ordinary to have both a student drop in a few months after the school year has started and on top of that with a legal guardian as a teacher but I was very impressed with his resume and references when I employed him, and now I’m impressed by your transcript Miss Winston.” The headmistress said. “As long as there is no funny business between you two, I’d love to have you both in my school,’’ she continued.

“We appreciate your generosity,” Adrian said.

She handed us a folder with papers inside. “This will be your class schedules, maps of the school, school rules and regulations, as well as the keys to your dorm rooms. I will have you both escorted around by your fellow peers.” She walked out and brought in three new people. A teenage boy and girl who looked like identical twins with fiery red hair and platinum blonde curvaceous woman with silver eyes and a devilish smile for Adrian.

“Miss Winston, meet Amara and Alexander Etherington and Professor Bellarose. They will get you acquainted with the school and classes begin tomorrow,’’ Headmistress said.

“Thank you again Headmistress.” Adrian shook her hand as we all left her office. “Pandora, remember what we discussed.” Adrian told me before we parted ways.

“So what is your power?” Amara asked.

“I’m a Tempestras,” I replied.

“Cool. I’m a Migro but I’m working on trying to expand my power.” Amara said excitedly.

My mother had taught me about all the types of demons and their categories by the young age of five. I remember how we’d sit in bed and she’d tell me different tales about all kinds of demons in order for me to find them interesting and remember their traits.

Migros were able to displace or move objects without contact or other physical means. They fall under the telekinetic category and Migro is only the first level. Next in line is Agito and then the strongest level is Volo. When they get to the next level: range, object size and displacement distance increases. Their power decreases as temper/frustration rises because they lose concentration and displacement distance and force decreases with size/weight of object.

“Starting level of telekinetic, nice.” I said. Amara seemed extremely chipper compared to her brother who had an ‘I really don’t care about anything’ vibe.

“Alex is a Gelos, hence his icy demeanor.” She laughed. Gelos were able to produce ice/cold via physical contact and with enough concentration, they can even freeze a puddle from ten feet away.

“How did you guys get roped into this?” I asked.

“My brother is class president and I’m vice president. We’re responsible for helping for our whole class, which includes settling in new students.” Amara explained. I couldn’t imagine anyone would want to have the task of looking after the new ones, especially when they are students as well.

“It’s really rare to have new students though; you must have some major pull,” Alex said.

“No, but apparently my guardian does,” I mumbled.

“That guy is your guardian?” Amara asked.

“Yeah, we grew up together and he’s been there for me since my parents died,” I replied.

“Well, we’re going to make sure you have a smooth transition here at the Academy.” Amara smiled.

“Besides Amara needs more friends anyway, she annoyed all of hers away.” Alex finally smiled.

“Did not.” She pouted. “Now, let’s go get you a uniform.” Amara said. I could learn to like these two.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the extremely late post. Life has been more than crazy. enjoy and let us know what you think.