Status: New/Approved

Daemon Academy

different from what I've been told

Pandora’s first day at the academy was good and I hoped today would be the same. I didn’t have any classes with her till fifth period and I was busy with private matters that the academy had bestowed upon me. They trusted me a lot, and I wanted to return that trust, hence my connection with Pandora was becoming problematic, in my mind at least.

I was walking down the corridor to Belton’s office. He was teaching the first years how to use their powers while doing sports; it gave them the freedom and the self-control to combine their supernatural strength with their abilities in human form.

‘’Belton, you asked for me,’’ I said once I was inside his office, and after knocking on the door.

‘’Yes, come closer and let me take a look at the mark under your left wrist.’’ I was taken aback not knowing how to react to that. No one was supposed to know a mark existed on my left wrist I had went into great lengths to hide it, and even used magic. Demons like me knew stuff and tricks others didn’t, but Belton was one of the elders so it wasn’t impossible for him to realize that something was wrong with my wrist.

I placed my hand on his desk, letting him take a look at it just like he wanted. He grabbed my hand and his eyes went straight to the mark. ‘’Just tell me what is this?’’ He asked, but I wanted to make sure he knew about it. Maybe one of my magic spells was wearing off and he was getting some unknown demonic vibes. ‘’A type of curse or something of that sort?’’ My guess was right. He wasn’t really sure of what I was hiding so I kept hiding it, meaning lying to him.

‘’Nothing worth mentioning, Belton.’’ I answered to him, a sarcastic smile hugging my face. ‘’I was just experimenting with a type of curse I had never seen before and the strength of my demonic powers. I want to know my limits because I’ve been getting more and more assignments and there are many tasks that need to be carried out by the Trusted Ones.

‘’Are you sure there’s nothing I can help you with, or something you want to share?’’ He tried pushing it out of me, but I wouldn’t give away the reasons of my masked tattoo. The same mark Pandora had, just a bit smaller, but with the same shape and coloring. She was mine, and I was her guardian. She would realize it soon though. It’s as we say, all in due time.

‘’No, sir. I think my experiments have been carried out in outmost secrecy and no one can say otherwise about my work,’’ It was true. There weren’t many that could par with me in matters of strength or intelligence in the academy. That much was already proven in the past few years. ‘’not as an assassin nor as a teacher of the academy.’’

‘’No one said otherwise, Adrian. I am just trying to look out for you.’’ And with that he placed his hand on my shoulder blade, trying to show me that he cared which was questionable, because for one; we were demons and it was in our blood to lie, and secondly; because we were what people called true demons. Nothing good ever came out of us, and if it did, it was only because of love. At least that was what I believed.

‘’There’s no need, Belton. If I ever need help, you’re gonna be the first demon I’ll ask for his help.’’ I was about to leave, when he said, ‘’I just realized you had something there, under your left wrist earlier today but I couldn’t quite grasp what was going on so I thought I’d talk to you about it. Nothing wrong with that.’’

‘’Nothing to worry about at all,’’ I said to him with a reassuring smile and left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorryf or the long wait everyone. I don't have i-net connection anymore and I've been busy with family issues, work and my health which is way down the road this last few months. Anyways, hope you enjoy the update.