Status: New/Approved

Daemon Academy

Everything is slowly changing

I got settled in my new dorm and luckily enough, I was with Amara. She was friendly and I could manage staying with her quite well. “So you and your guardian seem really close,” Amara trailed off out of nowhere.

“Yeah, our families were really close.” I said trying to avoid the subject. I mean, there wasn’t much to be said.

“And he’s really cute.” She giggled.

“I guess if you’re into that sort of a thing.”

“Professor Bellerose seemed like she wanted to sink her claws into him real soon.” Amara said, and as a matter of fact that was moderately true.

“Excuse me?” I questioned slightly offended.

“Most of the males here, student or faulty will give their right arm to be with her.” She explained. I didn’t know, and I didn’t care enough to know about it.

“Why? She’s not even that pretty.” I said a little jealous.

“Little green monster rears its ugly head.” She giggled and I sighed.

“Okay,’’ I started saying defeated. ‘’So, I might like Adrian a little more than just as a family friend but obviously nothing can happen between us. He’s been my legal guardian since my mom passed away and he will continue to be. Not to mention his status; with him being a teacher here.” I found myself confessing.

It had been years since I had a girl friend to talk to. It was nice to have someone with whom I could have boy talk to, when I finally have boy problems. But mentioning that skank professor began to get me a little hot.

“Is it why you feel like summer in the middle of fall and at 10 o’clock at night?” Amara brought me out of my thoughts and made me realize I was using my power.

“Yeah… um…I think I’m just going to take a quick walk and learn the campus,” and with that I quickly gathered my things.

“You want me to come with you?” Amara asked.

“No, I’ll take my cell and call if I get lost.” I ran out quickly., obviously needing a moment to myself.

I walked campus mindlessly trying to take in everything. My life went from constantly on the run and looking over my shoulder to an extremely stable teenage lifestyle. Obviously coming from one extreme to another I’m not exactly comfortable. Not paying attention, I ran into another person.

“Hey, watch it.” A person shouted.

“You watch it.” I hopped on the defensive.

“Wait! You’re the new girl?” I looked at the person I ran into and he was… well, sexy.

“Yeah.”

“Why are you wondering around by yourself? I would have figure VP ADHD would have been attached to you.” He laughed.

“Amara is kind of cool.” I defended her. ‘’If you get to know her.’’ I smiled.

“Whatever.” He laughed and lit a cigarette with his finger.

“You’re n excustio.” I said.

“And you’re a tempestras.” I looked at him confused.

“How do you know that?” I asked. Obviously amazed he had realized what I was. No one knew from just a look.

“I know a lot.” He winked at me.

“I know you’re extremely cocky.” I said.

“In more ways than one sweetheart.” He smiled, showing me his white teeth. Hell, even those seemed delicious.

“I’m Blake by the way.” He exhaled.

“Pandora.” I said.

“So what are you doing?” he asked.

“Just clearing my head and wondering why that matters to you.” I told him.

“Well… its late, you’re new on campus, daemons running around the campus…”

“It’s a school for daemons.” I noted.

“Well, in my defense I thought I should be a gentleman and help the little lost damsel.” He smiled.

“I don’t even have time to correct all the things wrong with that statement. Goodnight Blake. I honestly hope to never speak to you again.” I walked off.

“Hey, where you going?” he followed. I wasn’t expecting that but whatever.

“Away from you? Or was that not obvious by my last statement?” I continued to walk, ignoring him for the most part but then he laughed.

“Come on! I was just joking.” He laughed again.

“And I wasn’t. Bye.” I was becoming very annoyed.

“Come on Panda…” No one called me like that. That was Adrians’-

“Don’t call me that!” I said through gritted teeth as the wind began to pick up.

“Woah, are you doing this?” I asked amazing. “You’re gonna leave me alone?” Thunder began to boom.

“Not in the slightest. I’ve never seen a tempestras so powerful.” His eye glowed.

“Pandora!” I turned to see Adrian not too far behind me. The small hurricane I was creating calmed down and let the normal weather of a fall night continue.

“Sorry teach, me and my new friend Pandora here were just talking.” Blake slung his arm over my shoulder.

“Time to go back to your dorm Mister…” I didn’t know if Adrian didn’t like that guy but it seemed like it.

“Osteen.” Blake answered.

“I’ll walk Miss Winston back to hers.” I just looked down at the grass.

“You’re the new Professor and her guardian? Is he always such a buzz kill?” Blake asked me.

“Goodnight Mister Osteen.” Adrian’s voice became a little strained.

“Next time you sneak out let me know. I’ll show you what power really looks like. Bye cutie.” He walks off.

“Pandora…” Adrian started on me, once Blake was gone.

“Don’t!” I stopped him.

“You really let a boy like that get to you?” he asked.

“I didn’t ask for this power, Adrian.’’ I didn’t want to have it. I didn’t want to be a power freak with no control, and I hated feeling like this.

“Quiet!” He yelled at me and his eyes began to glow red.

“What? Are you by any chance jealous? That somebody might actually like me and is not forced to babysit me out of family obligation?” I asked. I was getting irritated. Stupid thoughts were filling my head and like always, I let it get to me.

“First; I do like you. Second; I have no reason to be jealous of that boy.” Adrian stated.

“That’s right because of your new skank of a professor.” I gagged. He laughed and I glared at him.

“So, you’re jealous?” he smiled.

“Please.” I rolled my eyes. He closed the gap between us and caressed my cheek.

“I just want to make sure you’re okay.” He said sweetly. As much as I wanted to be in his arms, something beyond the possibly of being caught on campus prevented me.

“I’m just adjusting. This is a lot and if something that small catches me off guard, I’m done for. I’ll just go back to running.” I admitted.

“I’ll never let that happen. And if it does, we’ll be back to running.” He lifted my chin up and I looked deep in his eyes.

“I will never leave you alone again.” He vowed. I just remained speechless, too afraid my voice would let go how emotional I was over that confession.

I pulled away trying to get back control. “We should go.” I whispered.

Adrian nodded and led me back to my dorm. Once were at my door, he gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before saying, “goodnight Panda.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, everyone. We are trying to get back on this project. I hope we'll keep up.

Your thoughts?