Status: New/Approved

Daemon Academy

the dreams are now fading

After escorting Pandora back to her room, I went back to mine in order to grab a bag and Belton’s pass. I had something to do and I couldn’t wait anymore. Pushing all thoughts about that boy and Panda out of my head, I reached my room. Once I grabbed everything, I heard Professor Bellarose’s voice calling my name.

‘’Mr Yoskof,’’ She started, ‘’I was looking for you. Would you like to have a drink with me?’’ She asked with her sweet, inviting voice but I was trying to get away from her.

‘’I’m sorry but I have to refuse. I have an urgent matter on my hands and it can’t wait.’’ With that said I gave her a fake smile and left.

This woman was driving me nuts and I had no idea why she bothered me so much. There was something strange about her, not to mention she was trying a bit too much to get my attention. Yes, she was a pretty fine woman and many might have wanted her, but I wasn’t going to be one of them and I had to come that come across to her. If by any chance she was a spy, I’d find a way to deal out with her even if it meant befriending my enemy till she was no longer useful Hard way, easy way; I didn’t really care.

I went to the academy’s library and looked for a couple of ancient books. There were also scrolls from when the first demon was born and our laws… all that great stuff we were trying as demons to understand where in this academy and I was going to make the best out of this opportunity.

Walking through the library’s corridors, I scanned with my eyes the sectors of each self until I found the one I wanted The First Born. I picked up the old book with the velvet hard cover and went down the right corridor at the end of the big room to pick up the hidden scrolls with Belton’s pass. The end of that corridor led to a mirror, but behind it there was the secret room. The Scroll Room was what I called it. The oldest and safest people in the academy had a pass for reading what others shouldn’t and knew more than what they told others. It was a great place for me to find out everything about me and Panda.

I scanned through the scrolls with my fingers checking their titles. There were many of them and in different colors. Some of them had turned yellow from the passing of years and the feel they gave me when I had them in my hands made me feel nostalgic for unknown reasons. I pushed that strange feeling away and grabbed the three black ones and the six with the crimson red color. Those had to be what I was looking for because at the sight of them I felt my mark burn.

I went to my office after using Belton’s badge once again to lock the door behind me as I left. I went back to my room after hiding the scrolls in my bag while I held the book for the eyes that pried on me. There had to be spies here and there and I wasn’t going to let them catch me or anything. I ‘d never risk my place in the academy or Pandora’s.

Once I was in my office, I locked the door and closed the curtains before sitting on my desk. I started with the obvious, the book of The First Born to see if I could catch a hidden message or anything of that sort. The ancient book said that Lilith was the first woman God decided to create. She was supposed to be as great as Adam but she turned out to be just an experiment. She lusted after the forbidden apple and Eve, the second female God created did the same, following close on her steps. After spurning Adam, Lilith became the first demon in the world, and then it went on and on about her life as a demon and the destruction she brought along with a new era and many demons to be born.

The ancient scrolls though were different. There was a short fairytale in one of them and I couldn’t quite understand what it meant, but if Lilith was the first born and her power as the Tempestras was that of the first born she had to be an exquisite kind of woman to be able to create that kind of power by her own free will. Lilith had turned to a Tempestras by the fury and rage residing inside her and she knew no boundaries when it came down to what she wanted and what her beliefs stood up for.

After Adam, Lilith fell in love with an Exustio demon created by her own feelings and with her fury and rage bestowed on him. His name was Orion and he was what Lilith wanted the most in the whole world. Their love for each other created the rare diamond Pandora and I had now. Just like them, me and Pandora could do many things if we managed to work on that and if we were worthy of it. I knew that we hadn’t passed the test and we were only just at the beginning of everything but I already loved her too much, and I knew she was in love with me too; though she didn’t want to clearly admit it.

There was knock on my door, and I gathered all the scrolls and the book quickly hiding it under a pile of books that I had to read as well for other purposes thanks to the academy. I hurried to the door and to my amazement I saw Pandora standing outside the door.

‘’What are you doing here?’’ I asked her. I had left her at her dorm and I thought she’d be sleeping by now. ‘’What’s wrong?’’ I asked as she jumped into my arms ignoring the rules that we had to abide and what we were trying to protect.

‘’I don’t know, ‘’ was all she said and I closed the door after letting her inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait but I'm at the hospital with pneumonia and asthma attack. I'm feeling a bit better but I'll be staying at the hospital for the next week as well I think. Let's hope not.

What did you think of this? I hope you liked it.