Remembering Sunday

Remembering Sunday

Once upon a time there was an ugly millionaire. Every day the millionaire would walk down to the near by coffee shop, around noon, and order herself a cup coffee and read a book.
Every day it would be a different book. She was fascinated by literature; the words painted a picture in her mind. She would stay at the coffee shop and read until she was finished her book then walk back home to finish up her work.
Not too far away from the coffee shop was a park. There was a handsome homeless man living on the park bench. He was constantly holding a sign, begging for money and because of his good looks he normally lucked out. He would have enough money to buy food for that day and have a little left over for the following day.
One summer evening the millionaire was on her way to the coffee shop, with a new book in her hand. It was just released this morning and she was so excited to read it she practically ran to the coffee shop.
Just before she reached the door he caught her eye. The handsome homeless man was sitting by the door with his sign and a can begging for money for his breakfast.
She was taken aback. She had never seen him before. She would remember a face that handsome.
The millionaire always has a soft spot for homeless people. She liked sharing her wealth with others. She reached into her purse and pulled out two twenties as she walked over to the homeless man. She smiled as she dropped them in his can before hurrying into the coffee shop.
The handsome homeless man was shocked by the ugly woman’s generosity. No one has ever given him so much money before.
He stood up and followed her into the coffee shop. He saw her curled up by the window buried in her book.
The homeless man ordered a coffee and three bagels and slowly made his way over to the millionaire. He sat down and she looked up.
They stared at each other for a moment.
“Thank you,” the homeless man said after a moment.
She smiled. “Don’t worry about it”.
“Do you come here often?” he asked hoping she would say yes.
“Everyday around noon,” she replied as he took a bite of his bagel.
He smiled and introduced himself to her. That was the first time, in years, the ugly millionaire did not finish her book.
The following day the handsome homeless man met the ugly millionaire by the coffee shop. She hurried inside and joined him at a table in the back, with two books in her hand. The millionaire bought them both coffee and they shared a coffee cake together.
The two talked as they enjoyed their meal before they started reading.
The two spent hours together: reading, talking, laughing, and eating. The millionaire was starting to grow fond of the handsome homeless man and the homeless man was starting to grow feelings for the ugly millionaire.
The summer was coming to an end slowly and the millionaire was getting worried about the homeless man. He still sleeps on the park bench and the nights were getting colder.
“Would you like to spend the winter with me?” she asked one day as the rain poured. They were in their usual spot.
The homeless man looked at her surprised. “Are you sure?”
“No friend of mine should have to sleep outside in the cold and the rain” she said smiling.
The handsome man grinned and felt butterflies fill his stomach. He was falling for the ugly millionaire.
Falling hard.
And even though she wouldn’t admit it; the ugly millionaire was falling for him too.
After they finished reading their books the two took a cab and headed to the millionaire’s house.
She already had her spare room set up for him. The handsome man hugged her and thanked her for her generosity, once again he felt butterflies and this time she felt them too.
The winter was long and with the help of the ugly millionaire the handsome man was no longer homeless and found a full time job working for the millionaire’s company. This got in the way of their coffee dates but they managed to have breakfast together every morning.
The winter was over before they knew it and the handsome man’s feelings for the millionaire had grown. The ugly millionaire buried herself into her work. Trying to hide her feelings for him. She was falling hard for the handsome man; she could no longer deny the butterflies that filled her stomach whenever she saw him.
One evening the handsome man paced outside the ugly woman’s office debating going in. He couldn’t push down the feelings he had for her any longer. He finally mustered up the courage to ask the ugly millionaire out on a date. He opened her office door and asked her to join him for dinner out in the town.
Flushed and shocked the millionaire put her paper work down. The millionaire was a little hesitant to say yes, but she smiled and agreed anyway. The handsome man grinned at her and quickly left her office.
Later that night the ugly millionaire and the handsome man went out on their date. He took her to dinner at one of her favorite restaurants, well, the one he could afford.
The millionaire was having a lovely time with the handsome man. He was funny, charming, a gentlemen, smart and of course handsome. But she couldn’t shake the feeling that he was using her for her money.
The ugly millionaire doesn’t believe in love she believed in people falling in love with her wealth. Little did she know, his feelings for her were genuine.
The handsome man was having a great of a time with the millionaire. He loved everything about her and cared for her. The handsome man couldn’t help but picture a life with her.
After dinner the handsome man and the millionaire walked home hand in hand slipping into an easy conversation.
Once home the handsome man walking into the kitchen and took out a bottle of wine. “Wine?” he asked getting two glasses.
“I shouldn’t” the millionaire said remembering the two glasses of wine she had at dinner. “But why not,” she smiled before sitting down on the sofa to take off her heels.
The handsome man poured them both a glass and joined her. They chatted some more, enjoying themselves.
After she finished her glass the millionaire put it down and took out her hair. “I think it’s time to turn in,” she said giving the handsome man a tired smile.
“It is late isn’t it,” he said standing up.
“I had a lovely time tonight,” the millionaire said standing up as well.
“I’m glad!” the handsome man said as they walked upstairs. “I just want to thank you again for taking me in and changing my life.”
“Don’t mention it,” the millionaire said smiling as she reached her bedroom.
The handsome man smiled and slowly leaned in to kiss the millionaire. She kissed back before slowly pulling away. The two smiled at each other before kissing again. The millionaire wasn’t sure if it was the wine but she led the handsome man into her bedroom and they spent the night together.
The next morning the smell of eggs woke the ugly millionaire. She took a shower and joined the handsome man down stairs. He smiled at her and gave her a kiss on the check. She smiled at him and joined him for breakfast. The two ate breakfast together as they watched the rain outside.
The handsome man hinted at the night they had and how amazing it was to him. The ugly woman dismissed it. Her feelings for him were starting to scare her and she didn’t know how to manage it.
But he was determined to call her bluff. He mentioned going out again and she simply smiled and agreed, before heading into the living room. They spent a lazy Sunday together before getting ready for work the next day.
One Saturday evening the millionaire had an important meeting leaving the homeless man alone in her house. This was the perfect time for him to start his plan. The handsome man cooked the millionaire a candle light dinner.
When ugly woman came home she was shocked to see all the food the handsome man prepared. He kissed her and led her over to the table. She sat down still in awe. He just grinned and sat down in front of her.
They talked as they ate and had a good time, like they always do. The ugly woman suddenly felt guilty. She had a secret.
The homeless man just smiled at the millionaire as she told him about her company expanding. He felt butterflies fill his stomach, he too had a secret.
He wanted to marry her.
After dinner they moved into the living room to sit, drink some wine and talk. After a while they fell silent.
She didn’t know how to tell him.
He knew this was the right time.
The handsome man got down on one knee and smiled at the ugly millionaire. She was, once again, in awe.
She was so overwhelmed with this night and her feelings she stood up and walked out.
The homeless man was a speechless and the millionaire was torn. He hurried after her and asked her to marry him.
With a heavy heart and tears in her eyes she said no. She couldn’t look him in the eye. The ugly woman headed to her bedroom and closed the door.
Crushed the handsome man headed to his room and went to bed.
In a panic, she finished packing her things. She had to leave and leave now. She quietly hurried out the door and hailed down a taxi.
Another rainy Sunday morning and the handsome man was making eggs for the two of them. He waited for her to come stairs but she never did. A little nervous he knocked on her door.
Nothing.
He called her name and nothing. He quickly opened her door and she wasn’t there. He saw that most of her closet was empty. He hurried outside and knocked on her neighbor’s doors.
“I don't mean to be a bother, but have you seen the millionaire? I'm going to ask her to marry me,” he said each time until one of her neighbors said she moved away. They had seen her with luggage late yesterday night.
The millionaire was in a plane heading to California, that’s where her company was expanding too. She watched the clouds go by as she thought about the handsome homeless man.
She was never coming back. She had done something so terrible, she messed up and ruined a good thing. She hoped that he would forgive her one day. She blinked away tears and returned to the book she was reading.
The handsome homeless man waited for a year for her to come back. Every Sunday he would mourn over the loss of his love. All he wanted was for her to love and care about him the way he did. It was like his previous marriage all over again.
He hasn’t be sober for days.
He stumbled down to the coffee shop as the rain started to fall again. He let the rain cover him, like it was washing the ugly millionaire out of his mind. He glared at the clouds that always seemed to be following him in his desperate endeavor.
He walked passed the coffee shop and headed to the park. He sat down at the park bench and sighed.
He was home again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think. Please and Thank you :D