Don't Pray for Me

Hitting Rock Bottom

Jessica's POV

Numb.... Cold....
Those were the words that raced though my head as I shot another round of Heroin into my veins.
Numb.... Cold....
I thought I was in my old bathroom im my crappy apartment....
But the freezing pellets of rain an the sub freezing weather brought me back to my senses...
Now all that was left was cold...
My head was becoming fuzzy "You need help... Jessica.. I'm not watching you go down this path anymore"
Amber's voice sighed from the left of me...

I guess I should probably tell you haw I got here...

It was my second half of freshmen year... I got involved in with the wrong crowd...
I met a guy in that group... Christopher... He was a drug dealer... One night we drank to much at a party...
Slept together, and next thing i know I was caught up in drug's sex and money...
Soon I was in a world that I called "paradise".. far from reality...
He was the sweetest thing at first... and then...
it turned ugly.....

About year after that he started getting abusive... caused by the drugs and alcohol.. I started using more and feeling less.
It would numb the pain of whatever I was going though...
Half way through my eleventh year and three hospital trips later. my best friend Amber, who I also met in that group. Made me leave him. He, a couple days later died from an over dose...

Now im coming on.. Or would be coming on the last year of high school.
I dropped out the beginning of the year... Amber has cleaned up her act some what... But I.. have been using more...

And thats how we ended up here..
Me sprawled out on the cold wet ground.. Middle of January, Tripping balls with Amber telling me Im going to rehab..

She slung my arm over her shoulder and we started walking.. "Where you takin me" My head pounding from coming off my high.. "My place for now. Until I can get you into rehab" thats when I pulled away from her "NO!" I screamed shaking my head "No.. im not going to no rehab shit. I'll be damned!" her eyes held sadness "Jess... Please... Its for the better." "No..." I argued.

We made it back to her house and she walked me to her guest room.. All the while thinking, 'I aint going to no dumb ass rehab..'

But one week later I was waling through the doors of Sunnyvale rehabilitation center
"Hi... I'm Jen, If you'd like I'll show you to your room" Her sickly sweet voice annoyed me already
"What ever...." I grumbled "Bye Jess... I'll see you in 6 months..." Amber said with a crack in her voice from behind me....
She took me through drug test after drug test and came to realize i was high off seven drugs because someone laced my heroin.
"Surprised to see your not dead" I laughed hysterically
then she took me to what im guessing will be my room
"Now.. theres usually girls and boys dorms. like two guys share one, nd two girls share one...
But were out of rooms.. SO you'll have to share with a guy.. If thats okay... Not that you have a choice"
I sighed.. Great. Just what I need... We walked up to the door "Now ma'am im going to have to take your sim card"
I groaned and slid it out, Giving it to her and she unlocked the door... "Now he's not in here right now. Hes in the group session.. You can go now or wait till tomorrow.. Your choice.. he should be back in 25 minutes..." and with that she left..

"I aint going to no group pussy ass shit" i yelled as I sat down on the bed, turning on my music
and going straight to 'dont pray for me' I've fallen in love with this song and I dont even know who its by...
A few minutes later I heard yelling from outside the door "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO SHARE MY ROOM, LETT ALONE WITH A BROAD!" I heard a thick accent "Danny. calm down. She's going through the same shit as you. In fact worse... just deal with it!" The same girl as earlier tried calming him "what the fuck ever" he growled and swung the door open, He looked like he was about to scream but stopped and relaxed, then looked annoyed again, spun around "Of course you had to put me with a bloody fan!" he shouted before slamming the door, I gave him a look "Look bitch. I aint singing anything." This made my confusion grow "Uh excuse me, you self righteous dick. I dont even know who the hell you are, you whiny slag, So before you start bitching at me, ask questions first"
He looked at me shocked, then smiled and put his hand out "Danny Worsnop.. Lead of Asking Alexandria.. the band your listening to" he smirked I met his hand with my own and shook it "Jessica Funnel.. Lead of my own life.. Filled with awesome drugs, and great sex" I laughed still very high from the hits I took this morning he gave me a sad smile "It's not all that fun. when you really look at it.. When you sober up, and look at the lives you've ruined.. All the people who care about you.. how you hurt them..." I started laughing again and he gave me a weird look, then there was a knock at the door, Danny got up and it was the damn nurse again "here you'll need this, You know how to put it on right?" His face went pale "yea why...." he looked over to me slightly terrified "She'll be coming off of seven different drugs in about one hour.. try to keep her calm.. Just like we did for you" he gave me a sad look.

One hour and some odd minutes later my head started to ache "aye, you okay" He asked looking up from his book "mhm" i whined holding my head in my hands, pushing on my temples, I felt the bed sink beside me and an arm around my shoulder "No.. Your not... your coming off your high... and its going to be hell" I looked at him with wide eyes.
A few minutes passed by and Danny stood up walking to the wall. and pressed the button "Office" a static noise came through the little speaker "Clear out the B dorm, All except my room..." His voice was urgent "Okay, on it"
He walked back over to my now shaking body and held me close, I tried pulling away from him, but he wasn't letting up.
Soon one of my hands got free and I started pulling at my hair, seconds later he had my arm again "hey.. Look at me" His voice was soothing, But not soothing enough... then I remembered... I secretly stashed one more hit in my bag..

I ripped away from Danny and crawled to my bag "What are you doing?" I ignored his comment at pulled out the little syringe not even caring that I didn't have a tourniquet with me...
"Jessica.. what do you have?!" worry clear in his voice "N-no-nothing..." My voice was rough from the tears, I felt his presence behind me, and his hand slowly griped mine, holding it still "Dont..." His voice sent shivers down my spine "Were here to get better... Not continue down this path.." his other arm slowly made its way around me, holding me in a light embrace "Give me the syringe, Love" he opened his hand, I shook my head and forcefully shrugged him off, sliding the needle in and shooting the drug into my veins "no..." I heard him gasp, and I let out a sigh..
falling onto my back and staring up at the ceiling, I let out a little giggle.

I was lost in my own little world I didn't realize that he called for staff until they got down to our room.
Suddenly I had hands grabbing me and I was being picked up, and brought out of the room.
The I was laid down and bonded to a bed "We'll let you out when its completely out of your system"
the male nurse said to me "Fuck off" I spat at him "Please!" I heard Dannys voice form down the hall "D-danny!" my voice quivered" I heard him shout again, then his face appeared in the door "Sir, you cant go in there" The same nurse s before stopped him "No. you don't understand... Linz said I could, when she first told me about her. Shes going through the same shit. I know how to help. Please" he finally agreed nd let him in.
And thats when the 12 worst hours of my life started....
♠ ♠ ♠
*Sorry if it sucks.... Comment!*