Status: will hopefully have atleast 10 chapters have to type them ;3

Shot to the Heart

McKenna

Can I take Kato for a walk." Nyx asks from his spot at the island he'd been watching Davey cook pancakes when the idea came to him.
Davey looks over briefly. "Yeah Huntington Beach is safe to walk around. Just be cautious ok."
"I will. Kato will protect me." A chuckle escapes nyx. The last time someone messed with one of their walks they were sent running with a ripped pant leg and a damaged ego.
Nyx's advice to anyone is just dont.
Shoving the last piece of a pancake in his mouth, nyx washes his plate and heads to the living room were Shadow and Kato are. The two dogs lay stretched out their beds snoozing.
"Kato. You want to go for a walk?" He asks the husky crouching down slowly to pet him.
His eyes snap open. Bi eyes wide with excitement a howl forced out.
Kato is wolf grey and he has one blue one brown eye like his owner. Viv teases that he's Nyx's dog twin.
"Lets go then." He claps lightly laughing when the dog jumps up. He goes to follow then looks back at Shadow. The black Shepherd is awake but hasn't moved from his bed.
"Shadow doesn't want to go. Kato." Nyx sighs watching Kato pester the older dog then heads to the foyer to grab his shoes. Kato looks at his friend one more time then follows nyx to the door nails clicking on the hard wood floor.
Nyx points to the floor firmly telling Kato to sit and snaps his leash on.
"Easy boy." He commands opening the door. The two make it half way down the walkway when Davey rushes out coat and car keys in hand.
"Nyx wait up."
"Heel Boy." Nyx says tightening his hand on Kato's leash. "What's up?"
"I have to go to the studio today. I may be home abit late." He says putting on his coat. "Anyway here's 100$ incase you want food or something." Handing him the money.
"Holy shit. What the hell do I need 100$ for." Nyx thinks.
"No. I dont need all that to get food." Nyx says not taking the money.
Davey has an amused look on his face."Its not just for food. You can use it for whatever you want nyx" He chuckles.
"Thanks." He mumbles looking at the money in his palm, feeling abit uncomfortable but Davey's expression tells him he won't take it back.
"Ok well im gonna head out. See you later Nyx." He waves getting in his car backing out onto the road and with a wave he cruises down the road and out of sight.
"Woo!" Kato cries tugging on the leash.
"Alright were going. Bud."
The two walk around for hours taking in the sights and sounds of Huntington Beach. It seems to be a tourist destination, lots of people walking around the stores with lost looks. Others were heading to and from the beach.
"I probably have that look too." Nyx thinks pausing at a crosswalk he spots a starbucks down the street a ways.
"Should just go sit down for abit and het some coffee." He thinks looking down at Kato the husky his tongue hanging out he definitely could use a break.
"Come on bud. Lets go sit and get you some water." He pats kato on the head and leads them towards to starbucks.
"Hi can I take your order?" A petite blonde waitress little older than nyx asks once they've sat down in the outside patio area.
"Yeah ill take a mocha coconut frappe and a bottle of water." She nods smiling flirtatiously. "ok be right back with that." She leaves an extra sashay in her walk.
Kato gives nyx a look.
"what" He asks the dog but Kato just grumbles and lays his head down next to his feet.
"I'm a guy. That's why she's so flirty." He points at the dog who only snorts and rolls onto his side.
"Your an ass." He scoffs looking to the beach taking up people watching to pass the time.
It doesn't take long for the waitress to come back with their order.
"Here bud." He says pouring the water into a bowl the waitress provided and places it at Kato's feet.
The dog eagerly laps up the water then lays back down.
A while later nyx felt his spine tingle with the feeling of being watched.
Casually he looks around taking a sip of his frappe spotting a girl with purple hair, fair skin and brown eyes is looking his way. When she sees him looking at her she looks away shyly.
"Wonder if my eyes freak her out."
Nyx's eyes being two colors is called Heterochromia. A mutation of the color pigment in one eye or both, Professor X calls it "a groovy mutation"
Nyx settles into his seat deciding that if she wants to talk to him she will come to him.
"Hi im McKenna."
Nyx smiles to himself and looks up at her. She is a pretty girl her purple Bob makes her molten chocolate eyes, fair skin and sharp features look flawless.
"I'm Nyx nice to meet you."
"Can I sit?" Mckenna asks pointing to the empty chair across from him.
"Sure."
Her smile widens showing off her dimples nicely. "So are you from around here? I've never seen you before."
"Yeah I just got here yesterday." Nyx answers picking at his cups lid.
"Cool. Are you going to school here or are you homeschooled?"
"Um yeah I start Monday actually." He vaguely remembers Davey mentioning school after dinner the night before. He felt abit overwhelmed by the whole thing so he tuned Davey out abit. He responded to him just very unenthusiastically, he felt bad but there was only so much stress he could handle till he shut down. The bright side is it Thursday he still has four days to prepare for his new school.
Davey didn't seem to notice one bit to busy talking to notice nyx's displeasure.
Mckenna grinned happily. "Maybe we could hang out. I can show around the school and introduce you to my friends."
"You'd do that." Nyx says softer than he meant to. Making friends had always been hard for him. Obviously since Viv and max got him a dog as a friend.
Devon was a good friend more than a friend, nyx had the biggest crush on him until he got drunk and wrecked his car almost killing nyx. Then had the balls to act like it was nyx's fault and he wasn't even driving.
A sympathetic look crosses her face "Yeah. Its the least I could do for you. Being new sucks." She says the last part sourly hinting that she new what being new to school felt like.
"Woo!!" Kato howls all the sudden jaw quivering with the force of the sound and stands.
"Kato nice of you to join us." Nyx laughs at the disgruntled dog.
"Oh my goodness. He's beautiful!" McKenna coos when the husky puts his head in her lap demanding attention.
"He's a love bug." Nyx says shaking his head fondly watching the husky cuddle up to her, giving her kisses every time she calls him beautiful.
"His eyes look like yours." She looks up at him. "Same side and everything."
Her purple iPhone buzzes on the table grabbing her attention. Arching a brow she slides the screen open and reads the message a frown appearing.
"I have to go. Dad needs me back home." McKenna stands patting Kato on the head. "Do you want to hang out sometime?"
"Yeah sure. I'll give you my number." Nyx recites his number to her a moment later he gets a text.
Mckenna
See you later Nyx :D
Nyx
See you :)

McKenna smirks waving as she walks away.
"Alright Kato. Lets go home for abit." He sighs grabbing his coffee. "Lets see how
♠ ♠ ♠
Notes
Jimmy will be in the next chapter
I revised abit so this is 2/6 so far. I'm nit going to write anymore until I have 6/6 typed up. U_U gonna be here awhile. Also taking a looks at my others stories with the possibility of updates