Status: Working on it as I go, I have alot planned for this may start out slow but will pick up as I go.

A Greater Fate

Something Different

I woke that morning to a different feeling inside of me, knowing that something great was to happen but I had to wait. Yet, for how long must I live like this?

“There is a meeting inside the great hall. You must attend.” One of the guards told me as I started getting up.

“A meeting? What it’s about?” I replied curiously, due to the fact meetings where only held due to high importance.

“I cannot disclose.” He said looking straight ahead at the wall and making his way out of the room.

I got out of my bed and made my way to the dresser to choose what I should wear for this meeting, I didn’t have much of a variety considering all the clothes I ever owned were old and tattered. Impa used to buy me all sorts of nice clothes before she left, she would buy me the prettiest things.

In utter haste I made my way to the great hall, which was a place made for most gatherings held during the holidays and other moments the royal family decided to celebrate. Once I arrived I sat down near the back of the hall and waited for other people to make their way in. I wondered what this meeting would be about, and why I was summoned to attend instead of catering to the event. What could be of such importance that I was to be here, how long will it take for the meeting to start?

“Ahem.” An older gentleman blared at the front of the hall.
Everyone stopped their chatter immediately and looked up to the front where an older gentleman dressed in rather rich looking clothing stood, to the left of him was a group of rather nervous looking young men waiting for this meeting to begin.

“Good evening ladies and gentleman, thank you for your attendance. Hyrule castle has always been a place of royal gatherings but in the next coming weeks it will be the location of the new Knight Academy!” He said in an excited voice, the audience began cheering excited with the news.

I was rather intrigued with the news of having a knight academy right at the castle, all these years of the same thing happening every day and now something interesting will take place.

“We have 20-30 different classes that students are able to take, 4 main courses and two electives. In order to pass the course you must have a final grade of 60%.” The man explained to the audience as few seemed interested in this new addition to the castle. I sat and wondered what my duty was in this; I didn’t think I had what it would take to be able to role in the knight academy. It seemed very unlikely I would even be able to afford such a thing; due to the fact Ganon would never give me any money for anything ever.

Suddenly I heard the door burst open, “Sorry am I late?” I heard a familiar voice rush into the room.

“Link, we talked about this if you want to be in the knight academy you will be on time. Not that you’re keen on what that means but, you must learn.” The man said to the panting young man who entered the room suddenly.

“Not my fault my horse was slow.” He mumbled taking a seat in the isle across from me.

I glanced at him slightly, he looked very familiar but I wasn’t able to put a finger on as to why I feel like I’ve known him before from somewhere. I realized that I had been staring at him, but without meaning to because he was looking at me in a strange way. I smiled faintly and looked away hoping I wasn’t making a fool of myself.

“As I was disclosing, everyone will be moved in by the next week and the following weeks classes will begin. The first corridor is reserved for classes, the second corridor is the boy’s dorms, and the third corridor is the girl’s dorms.” He carried on a bit longer explaining what classes where available to take and what was to be expected of each, I on the other hand zoned out a little bit and glanced over at Link every so often. He was rather captivating in my eyes, and his every movement fascinated me. He would lean in and pretend to be listening, or he would roll his eyes when he got bored.

I myself have never really spoken to a boy; I never had an opportunity to. I mean being locked up in a castle for so many years and the only males around were the guards what choices did I have? At every event there would be boys, but I being a servant and my only duty was to serve food and clean up afterwards I never could spare a moment to talk to one. How was one to communicate with a boy anyway? Maybe I’ll figure it out soon.

“That is all I have to present for now, if any questions arise please contact me or my assistant and I will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.” And with that everyone stood up to leave, I apparently had stood up too fast from sitting down for a long period of time and ended up stumbling into link with sudden force.

“Wow, I’m so sorry. Apparently I’m super clumsy today!” I exclaimed wincing hoping he wouldn’t be angry.

“No big deal! Its Tuesday, you’re allowed to be clumsy on Tuesday!” He laughed blushing as he smiled.

“Well apparently every day is a Tuesday.” I snickered hoping that I didn’t sound stupid, but just as I said that Link somehow managed to trip over a chair, landing on another chair taking that chair down with it.

“Oh... Wow, are you okay?” I asked him offering a hand for him to pull himself up with.

“Oh yeah, totally did that on purpose.” He laughing running his hand through his hair blushing even more, even his ears lit up a slight pink from embarrassment.

I giggled slightly enjoying the fact there was someone who was just as clumsy and dorky as I was, I stared at the floor not knowing what to say to him next.

“So, uhm are thinking of enrolling in the Academy?” Link probed nervously.

“Well, I would really love to but…” I trailed off observing that Ganon was giving me a scowl.

“Servant! Come here this instant.” He shouted at me looking unamused I was conversing with a guest in the castle.

“Catch you later?” Link questioned with a twinkle in his eye.

“I sure hope so.” I whispered nodding at him and making my way to Ganon.

“Did you listen closely to the presentation or were you too busy making googly eyes at that boy?” He asked mockingly.

“I was listening sir.” I responded knowing he probably didn’t believe me.

“With the new academy being placed at the castle you will be assigned to clean and cook for the students at the academy.” He stated which I already figured would occur considering my status here. “With that being said, I do not want to see you speaking to that boy again, you hear me servant?”

“Yes, I understand.” I replied disappointedly.

“Good. Now attend to your chores please.” He said shooing me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Arggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I hate how it takes me forever to write.. but yeah this chapter seems rather slow but i`m building up to something greater I swear just hold on and Ill get to it :D