Status: Working on it as I go, I have alot planned for this may start out slow but will pick up as I go.

A Greater Fate

Soon It Will Happen

I’ve always been told, in a past life I was someone great. I’ve saved the world, more than once and everyone loved me. I never believed that my life could be any different, I don’t feel like I was ever anyone else.

“LIIINK! Get out here and do these dishes right this instant!” I heard my mother shouting from downstairs.

That was nothing unusual around here though, the day revolved around chores of some sort or taking after my little sister. One day something will change, but not this day I guess.
I laid in bed for a moment reflecting on the dream that just slipped out of my mind, this girl… I’ve been dreaming of her for as long as I could remember but I never knew her name or saw her face. Every time other than last night was the same, meeting her in my dream and walking and talking about a greater purpose in life. Last night was different, I saw her change, from a scared girl dressed in rags with no hope in her eyes to a beautiful young woman (okay so she was beautiful before but you get my point) who knew she was destined to be somebody. I never seen this girl in my life before, I mean I never knew her name but I dreamt about her and obviously it meant something but what?

“Link!! These dishes are NOT going to wash themselves!” My mother interrupted my thoughts again, it was just my mother and little sister Saria and I, and we lived in a small village of Hyrule. Everyone knew everyone, news traveled fast and if there was a rumor about you everyone found out right way. Not that people were sneaky and spread rumors, but it happened.

“Sorry mom, slept in again.” I said giving my mother a quick kiss on the cheek, we were quite close these days. Ever since my father took off again who knows where, it’s been just us and I’ve had to look after Saria around the house a lot more.

“You’ve been doing that quite a lot lately, everything okay sweetie?” My mom asked concerned, picking up Saria out of her playpen.

“Oh yea, I’m fine just having these strange dreams lately.” I expressed to her.

“Are you dreaming about that girl again?” She questioned.

“Yeah, it’s been happening for years. I’m not sure why.” I replied.

“Maybe it has to do with that strange birthmark you have on your hand.” She said motioning to my wrist.

I looked at it and thought it maybe could be that, but what could a strange triangle shaped birth mark have any connection with my dreams. It was hard to describe, I mean I heard stories about it that each part meant something or whatever but why would I be involved. The bottom right would sometimes light up out of nowhere, and I never understood why my grandmother told me of tales of a young hero who had it, it was the triforce apparently and my part meant courage. I was the least courageous guy ever, I didn’t know how to talk to girls and thinking about saving the world freaked me out sometimes and to be honest it freaked me out thinking about it.

“There’s a meeting you need to attend in Hyrule Castle today about the Knight Academy, you’re still planning to register right?” My mom asked me curiously.

Oh shoot, I had forgotten about that stupid meeting. “Yeah, I’m still going and I might register, I don’t really want to though.” I contemplated about being a Knight of Hyrule for a long time now, it seemed fun but it also seemed kind of lame but some of the classes were pretty cool and I’d get to sleep in the Castle.

“Well if you’re going you better leave soon, it starts in an hour!” My mom told me glancing at the clock above the table.

“Dammit mother! You know I gotta heard the goats too, why didn’t you tell me sooner?” I asked annoyed, I hated herding those stupid goats they were so stubborn and slow.

“Well I did last night, you said ‘mmmhm sure mother I’ll be up on time’ but nope, you slept in so get going I’ll do the dishes later.” She said laughing as I started panicking and heading out the door.
I ran outside to where my horse Epona was tied up, she was the sweetest horse in Hyrule village everyone loved her and the children enjoyed going for rides on her all day whenever they were allowed to. She neighed happily at the sight of me and pointed her towards where the treats where, she only co-operated well when she had carrots.

“Oh darn Epona, there’s only two left. I’ll have to get you some more while I’m in town.” I said giving her a bite of one carrot.

I got on her and steadied myself on her back, and rode to the ranch where the goats that Fado the goat keeper owned. He was a nice man, but those goats would be the death of me one day.

“Good morning Fado!” I shouted waving towards him as I entered the ranch.

“Good morning Link, Scooters being pretty difficult today I’ve been trying for the last half hour to get him in but he just won’t go.” Fado explained to me pointed to the biggest and most stubborn goat at the ranch.

“Oh boy, uh hey mind if we cut this short today I got a meeting at the castle today for the Knight Academy.” I asked hoping he would let me leave sooner.

“I’ll tell ya what, you get Scooter, Dahlia, and Piper in the pen and I’ll take care of the rest for ya! I’ll even give you a 30 rupee bonus!” He said excitedly, knowing any form of business at the castle must be important.

I immediately started leading the goats into their pen, Piper was an easy one she usually goes in straight away but I knew Dahlia and Scooter were going to be even more of a challenge. I approached Dahlia quietly who was munching on some grass, I made sure Epona didn’t move too loudly as I got closer. She of course decided that was the perfect moment to kick her feet in the ground and start digging. Dahlia ran off once again, I chased after her and finally led her into her pen. Now came the tough challenge, Scooter. He was a feisty goat let me tell you, he seemed to enjoy being free in the land and roaming around. When it came to being in his pen, he hated it; he wasn’t the type of goat that wanted to be caged up. Kind of like myself, so I suppose in a way I could relate with this goat.

After what felt like forever I finally lead Scooter into his pen, I felt bad locking him in there seeing as all he wanted to do was roam free but it had to be done.

“Good going Link, I appreciate all your hard work!” Fado said as I approached him with Epona by my side.

“It was nothing, you just gotta be patient with the little buggers.” I laughed.

“Well, you should get going don’t want to be late for that meeting! Here’s your rupees for the day!” He said handing me my earnings for that day’s work, he usually gave me a red (20) and yellow (10) rupee but today I was handed a purple rupee! 50 rupees for putting those stupid goats in the pen, well worth it I’d say.

I took off with Epona and began the long trek to Hyrule castle, I really wasn’t looking forward to this meeting because meetings usually just meant adults talking about things that were boring but being in the castle was always interesting. My mother always joked about being able to talk to the princess but to be honest I wasn’t all that interested in dating a princess, or any girl for that matter. Like I said, I wasn’t good at talking to girls, so talking to the princess of the kingdom would not be any easier.

“HYEH!” I shouted nudging Epona to go a bit faster because she was being super slow today for some reason, probably because she was unhappy I ran out of carrots on her.

I glanced at the watch on my wrist, already 15 minutes past 11. Argh, I was going to be so late, King Ganon hates it when people are late. I hate being late, even though I always was. Which is why the headmaster Gaepora for the Academy threatened to dismiss my application, due to always being late to his classes in the school in the village.

I finally reached the castle and tied Epona up to the gates fence, reaching the castle doors I realized I forgot my invitation to the meeting at home, well shit wasn’t I just all there today.

“What business do you attend to in Hyrule Castle young man?” The guard asked me as I approached.

“Well, uhmm... the meeting today in the great hall, I’ve been invited to attend but I well... forgot the invite, haha.” I said running my hand through my hair.

“Give me a moment and let me check the list, normally I would make you leave but you seem to have rushed here.” He said pointing out the noticeable fact that I was huffing and puffing.

“Yeah, had my goat duties to attend to.” I replied trying to play it cool.

“Mhmm.” He muttered reading looking through the list. “Your name sir”

“Link Lanayru.” I answered.

“Alright head on in, first set of stairs to the left then head down the hall and it’s the first door to your right. I’m sure they won’t be happy that you’re late.”

I ran inside and followed his directions not even paying attention to how huge the castle was, I normally would be fascinated with this type of thing but I had a meeting to get to. Once up the stairs I ran into the room with such force everyone turned around and stared at me.

“Sorry, am I late?” I asked laughing.

Headmaster Gaepora did not look too pleased at my tardiness once again, he shook his head and looked down at the papers he was reading.

“Link, we talked about this if you want to be in the knight academy you will be on time. Not that you’re keen on what that means but, you must learn.” He sighed returning to his presentation.

“Not my fault my horse was slow.” I mumbled sitting down in the closest chair.

As the presentation dragged on about the Academy and when it would start and all the classes we could take, and how we had to have 60% to pass (yikes!) I noticed sitting almost straight across from this girl, she looked familiar like I’ve met her somewhere but could not place my finger as to where. She was pretty, like her style seemed so plain but she was just different. I was used to the girls in my village who dressed to impress, no not this girl she was just wow. I noticed her staring at me and was slightly surprised, but I smiled at her anyway and she glanced at her feet and back up to the board. Way to go Link, creeping her out already.

“That is all I have to present for now, if any questions arise please contact me or my assistant and I will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.” He concluded the presentation finally, and as I stood up to leave to go talk to him I felt a hard nudge against my shoulder.

“Wow, I’m so sorry. Apparently I’m super clumsy today!” I turned around to see that girl had bumped into me and was embarrassed slightly.

“No big deal! Its Tuesday, you’re allowed to be clumsy on Tuesday!” I blushed hoping I didn’t sound like a moron. ‘Just play it cool you dork.’ I thought to myself.

“Well apparently every day is a Tuesday.” She laughed, giggling. I started laughing to but somehow, I also happen to be the biggest klutz on the planet decided to get my foot caught in a chair, which made me trip into another chair knocking that chair down with it. So much for playing it cool.

“Oh... Wow, are you okay?” She lent me a hand to pull myself up with, her hands where very cold the moment I touched them.

“Oh yeah, totally did that on purpose.” No you didn’t, you tripped like an idiot and made a fool of yourself.

“So, uhm are thinking of enrolling in the Academy?” I asked breaking the silence that started building up.

“Well, I would really love to but…” I noticed she was eyeing down a creepy looking man at the doorway.

“Servant! Come here this instant.” He shouted at her, and she ran off nervously towards the man.

“Catch you later?” I asked hopefully, wondering if I would bump into her again.

“I sure hope so.” I heard her whisper as she walked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was an interesting chapter to write after years of just playing as Link, I finally was able to control his thoughts so writing from his perspective was cool. Seemed kinda like another filler chapter but i'm leading up to great things I promise :D (erm i was tired when i wrote this so it may seem off and rushed but i plan to go back and fix it tomorrow probably but two chapters in one day is kinda cool so deal with it :P )