Status: Working on it as I go, I have alot planned for this may start out slow but will pick up as I go.

A Greater Fate

Breaking Loose

It’s been three days since I saw him last, as well as it’s been the same amount of time of not having those dreams. Could there be a connection behind the two? Was the boy I met the same boy I’ve been dreaming about? He was so familiar to me; his voice, his face, his hair, and his smile everything seemed like I had met him before. Not knowing when I could see or hear his voice again almost killed me inside. I had been so busy working on getting everything prepared for move in day that you’d think I would have forgotten about him, but I haven’t. He was enrolled in the academy so when move in day came around I will for certain see him again.

“Is the list of chores done for this evening?” I heard a voice behind me send a shiver of fear through my spine.

“Yes sir. Tomorrow the 3rd corridor just needs to be finished then all preparations will be completed for move in day.” I informed Ganon who was impatiently tapping his hands on the wall.

“I need another chore done for this evening.” He said reaching into his wallet.

“What would that be sir?” I asked curiously.

“Go into town and retrieve these papers from the mayor, then proceed to the post office to mail them. They are for the students of the academy, please do so soon and head there on foot. Do not touch the horses.” He said sternly handing me a list of what papers to retrieve from the mayor.

“But sir, I’ve never been into the town. Let alone outside the castle walls, how do you expect me to accomplish such a task?” I protested drowning in the nervousness of the task before me.

“Silence servant!” He shouted smacking me hard on the face and storming recklessly out of the room.

I stood there shocked at what I had to do, I was beyond nervous of having to walk to town. I mean having a horse would have been a little bit easier but being on foot was terrifying. It wasn’t a long walk to Castle Town but depending on the time of day it could be quite dangerous. As soon as I gathered my thoughts together I got ready to proceed to the town, I decided to change out of my ratty and torn clothing. I choose a nice blouse I had hidden beneath my closet, and a long flowing skirt that fell just below my knees. I had some nice clothes for rare occasions, like this one perhaps.

Once I was ready I began heading out of the castle, a stern looking guard stopped me before I had a chance to leave.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He said knowing I generally was not allowed to leave the castle, and I never usually tried.

“King Ganon has requested me to go into town to get these papers from the mayor and mail them at the post office.” I explained handing him the sheet Ganon gave me.

“Proceed.” He replied letting me out the castle doors finally.

Once outside I looked around and took in everything, it was mid-afternoon and the sun was shining
high in the sky. I started walking down the path ahead of me that I recognise would lead to the town, hoping it would not be a long journey that I was to be taking.

It was quick the journey there, the path I happened to take was the correct one. It went up a few hills here and there which made me lose my breath rather quickly. There was a small pond on the way there a well, it was beautiful. I told myself I needed to sit on the bench facing the pond on my way back, it would be around the time the sun would set.

As soon as I arrived in Castle town I felt a longing inside of me for exploration, there was so much hustle and bustle around the town and I immediately felt fearful and anxious and just wanted to leave. Yet, I knew I had a task that needed to be accomplished. I decided to take a little walk around the town before heading to the mayor’s office, there was a lot to be seen here. So many little shops and people running around doing many things. I’ve never seen such excitement in my lifetime.

“Excuse me miss, may you please donate to our fund!” I heard a small voice mutter from behind me.

I had nothing on me due to being just a poor servant in the Castle, I felt guilty for not being able to donate any rupees to them. I smiled and politely declined, I was in that same boat that they were and it wasn’t fun at all. One day I hoped to be able to help people in that type of predicament.

I stopped at a small store, which was known as the “Happy Mask Shop”. There were so many different masks he sold inside, the man running it said that some of them held some very mysterious powers.

“What kind of powers?” I asked curiously.

“Depends on the mask my dear.” He laughed in an eerie tone.

I felt a little bit weirded out and decided to head out and back into the town, there was so much more to be looking at. So little time as well, Ganons going to be angry if I don’t get back soon.

“Would you like a free sample my dear?” A lady asked me as I passed by her bakery.

“Oh I would love too, they all look so delicious!” She grinned at my praise and handed me a piece of her homemade cake.

“This one is a lemon based cake, the bottom is coated in coconut and chocolate peanut butter!” I took a bite and my mouth watered with excitement. I’ve never had cake as good as this, or any cake for that matter unless it was stale and bitter. But this, was just amazing.

“What do you think dear?” She asked.

“Very delicious! Keep up the good work!” I replied giving her a shy smile and heading on my way.

I finally reached the mayor’s office and with a shaking hand I headed inside, it was a rather big place I was nervous just looking around the place. I went up to the receptionist and told her I was picking up papers to be brought to the post office at Ganons request.

“He will be with you in a moment, take a seat and he will call for you.” The lady told me in a rather aggravated manner.

I turned around and saw some chairs behind me, they looked rather lumpy but I walked over and sat down anyway. I picked up a newspaper to read to pass the time a little bit, I never have read a newspaper before so I was never up to date with what was going on in the world.

“The mayor can see you now.” The receptionist called to me after a few minutes went by, I stood up and made my way into a big office.

“You wish to acquire papers about the academy, correct?” A short man wearing a suit and tie with grey hair asked me.

“Yes, Ganon sent me with a list.” I replied handing him the list of papers that Ganon gave to me.

“Thank you, give me a moment and I will print these off for you.” He said heading into the back of the office to print them off.

I wandered around the office and looked around at all the photographs he had hanging around the office, they were from different events around Hyrule throughout the years. Some from carnivals, some from different shops opening up and others from just random moments. I realized I had missed out on a lot being locked up in the castle, my entire life revolved around taking care of the princess and not actually living.

He had a wide selection of books in his library as well, most of them where about the history of Hyrule and people throughout the years that were important. I picked one off the shelf that was really dusty and old but caught my interest. The first page was a young boy, he seemed to be about my age and had a sword and shield in his hand. The title was noted as “Hero of Time, continuing prophecy.” I didn’t read into it much but one line had caught my interest, ‘The Goddess of Hyrule will reveal herself one day.’ It was a title I heard so many times from Impa, nobody knew who the goddess of time really was but she always knew.

“I have the papers you require madam.” I turned around and saw the man had been standing there observing me for a while. “I see you have caught curiosity in that title young lady.”

“Do you have any idea who the Goddess of Hyrule is?” I asked curiously.

“As much Hyrule history I know, the Goddess of Hyrule has never revealed herself. Yet, I do know
that the history of The Hero of Time and the Goddess of Hyrule, go hand and hand together.” He told me studying me carefully. “The day will come when the Goddess will understand her true destiny and such her and the Hero of Time will set out on a quest to save Hyrule.”

“Save Hyrule from what?” I asked growing more and more concerned.

“That has yet to reveal itself as well, but it will be a dark power growing over Hyrule.” He answered.

“Thank you for sharing that knowledge with me, I was curious. I heard stories about it growing up but I never understood them. I don’t really get out much either.” I told him.

“If you seek to know more knowledge about the History, the library by the post office holds much more knowledge than I. As well as the Knight Academy will have classes in such free of cost if you are interested, I will be teaching those classes.” He said handing me an information sheet along with the papers I asked him to print off for the post office.

I nod and give the man a smile, “I must be headed on my way now, its growing nightfall.”
“Yes, of course. Thank you for your interest, no one ever shows interest in History anymore.” He said smiling as I started walking out of the office.

“After being cooped up for so many years, I can’t help but be interested in everything I see! Have a nice evening sir.” I left the mayor’s office with a sense of knowledge I never had before. Heading out back onto the town I looked around and noticed that several people had gone in and not many where still out and about. I saw a boy by a grocery shop, he seemed to be looking for some carrots. He kept picking them up, eyeing them for a while then putting them back. Then he’d pick up another bunch of carrots and do the same thing.

He turned around and I immediately recognized him and got the biggest smile on my face in all my life, he made eye contact with me and smiled back.

“Hey you, where have you been?” He asked as I made my way closer to him.

“Oh you know, servant duties around the castle.” I replied. “Eating healthy are we?”

He looked confused for a moment then realized what I was talking about, “Oh, haha. Uhm, no they’re for my horse Epona.” He said laughing and blushing again. This boy sure did blush a lot, but I’m not going to lie it was adorable.

“Epona, wow what a beautiful name for a horse.” I said smiling at him.

“She is a beautiful horse, she’s just outside the castle I can show you her if you want me to?” He asked hopefully.

“Oh I would love to meet her!” I said happily. “I just have to go to the post office and mail this stuff for Ganon.”

“Oh okay, I’ll walk with you there if you’d like.” He suggested as I said that.

“That would be great, it’s the first time I’ve ever been in the town and I don’t know where the post office is!” I exclaimed getting nervous about spending time around a boy.

“You’ve never been here? Wow, there’s a lot I need to show you then.” He smiled.
As we made our way to the post office he pointed out everything he could to me, from the different shops and the stories behind them. He got more interesting the more he spoke, and how much he knew about all the shops.

“We this is the post office!” He smiled brightly as we approached it.

“It’s quite small for a post office I would think.” I accidently muttered out loud. Link just smiled.

“It used to be bigger but with the events of last summer they had to make it a lot smaller.” He said.

“Oh, what happened?” I asked completely out of the loop.

“The town got raided by dark beasts who set almost everything on fire, it was quite tragic. Lots of lives were lost. They said it was due to some prophecy.” He told me.

“That’s just terrible.” I said walking into the post office.

After mailing the items I needed to mail, Link and I walked back out into the town. “Have you ever gone bomb-shoe bowling?” He asked me.

“Never in my life have I played any arcade games!” I said excitedly.

“Well guess what, I’m taking you! Let’s go!” He said taking my hand and bringing me to an arcade building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay if you've been keeping up but i've been at a loss for what to write but I will get more into it very soon:)