Status: Working on it as I go, I have alot planned for this may start out slow but will pick up as I go.

A Greater Fate

The Truth

I barely slept that night, not that I was uncomfortable on the floor or anything but I kept watching Keriana sleep. As creepy as that sounds, she just seemed so content and peaceful. I just held myself back from sliding in next to her and holding her next to me, but that would probably be weird. I didn’t want anything to be weird between us, but I enjoyed watching her sleep. (Way to not be creepy Link, good job.)

She was silent for most of the night but at some point when I felt myself drifting off I heard her start to mumble in her sleep, at first it was quiet and she wasn’t saying much but then she started getting louder and more aggressive. I kept an eye on her just in case.

“LINK STOP, DON’T GO THERE. ITS DANGEROUS PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME!” She suddenly screamed loudly, I shot straight up and almost tripped over a pile of laundry trying to get to her quickly.

“Hey, shhh... It’s okay. It’s just a dream shhh...” I reassured her pulling her close to me as she slowly started waking up. “I’m not going anywhere.”

“Oh Link… I’ve never felt so scared.” She said leaning her head onto my shoulder.

“Do you want to talk about it, or go back to sleep?” I asked half on the bed, and half falling off.

“I…don’t want you to go anywhere…” She muttered closing her eyes again.

*Keriana’s P.O.V*

The thunder boomed in the skies, the clouds darkened so gray that you could not see anything behind them. I was so fearful, I watched as Ganon tore my parents apart. He was a beast, a dark beast. I screamed and screamed as loudly as I could, no one could hear me. No one wanted to hear me, I couldn’t move. I could only watch and pray for the pain to stop. The people of the town watched in horror as Ganon took over everything, everything was his. As everything began to get worse, and the thunder banged louder than ever before I heard a voice behind me said he would fix me. I couldn’t look, I could only listen. He said he was there to guide me through it all, to discover the truth. Why couldn’t Ganon just stop, I wanted nothing more than the pain to release.

“You there!” He shouted as the dark figure approached him cautiously.

“I am here to stop you, you have something of mine and I want it back.” He said pointing to the object in Ganons hands. Ganon laughed with selfishness in his expression.

“Hahaha, oh young Hero. The triforce is mine; it will always belong to me. Nothing you can do or say can make me give it back to you. Fight me. If you must. But the triforce belongs to me!” He said stomping on the ground causing the world to shake furiously.

“Those days years ago could not replace what you’ve done to this land, the dark power you let blossom. I will take the triforce from you, I will succeed.” He said raising his sword in the air, the sword glistened with light and he struck the ground causing Ganon to jump back.

“HEHEHEH.” Ganon screamed, “If it’s a fight you want. It’s a fight you’re getting.”

“LINK STOP, DON’T GO THERE. ITS DANGEROUS PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME!” I screamed knowing he couldn’t hear me at all.

***

I awoke to Link holding me, I had been dreaming. That meant nothing that I just saw was real, but it felt real and it meant something. I still had the fear inside me, like everything I just saw already happened. It had meant something.

“Hey, shhh... It’s okay. It’s just a dream shhh...” I heard Link saying pulling me closer to him letting me know that I was safe.

“Oh Link… I’ve never felt so scared.” I said leaning my head onto his shoulder not realizing it, but I had started to drift off again even though I was still afraid.

“Do you want to talk about it, or go back to sleep?” I wanted to tell him everything, from how I felt to what I saw, but I didn’t want to scare him any.

“I…don’t want you to go anywhere…” I said holding onto him tightly not wanting him to leave.

“I’m not going anywhere, I promise.” He told me stroking my hair gently as I began to drift off once more.

**************************************************************************

I awoke a few hours later from a dreamless sleep, I looked around the room seeing that Link was nowhere in sight. But I caught an aroma of bacon flowing throughout the air, I heard dishes moving about downstairs and Link chatting to his mother.

I got up and stretched, it was a good feeling knowing I was awaking to no chores to be doing. I knew Ganon was probably furious I haven’t been back yet, but I didn’t care at that moment. I felt free, I felt alive for once. I walked downstairs and smiled at the sight of Link cooking, he looked so content and his mother was sitting at the table reading a newspaper.

“Good morning sleepy head!” Link said turning around noticing me coming down the stairs. I realized I probably looked like quite the sight, and my hair was probably really messy. Oh dear, what a sight for a boy to see. . “I woke up about an hour ago, and I didn’t want to wake you up so I started making breakfast. I hope you’re hungry I kind of got carried away.”

“I am starving!” I laughed seeing at how much Link had cooked eggs, bacon, toast, I heard my stomach growl at the sight of it all. I walked up and tried to help him with all the cooking but he refused yet again, I felt bad but he insisted I sit down.

“No! Don’t even try it, I’m cooking and you’re not!” He teased putting his hands on my shoulder as I sat down. I pretended to pout making his mother laugh; Link mocked my pouting and went back to cooking humming a familiar tune.

“That sounds familiar, Impa used to sing that to me all the time when I wouldn’t sleep…” I said to Link as he turned around surprised.

“My mother sang me to sleep with that song as well, right mother?” He said turning to his mother who put the newspaper down and nodded in agreement.

“Link was the fussiest baby ever, even fussier than Saria. I could never get him to go to sleep unless I hummed that tune to him; he grew out of it though thankfully. Sometimes….” She said laughing which made Link blush. “You’re lucky I’m not showing her your baby photos.”

“Yea whatever, eat your bacon.” He said sitting down rolling his eyes.

“Don’t do that, your eyes will get stuck that way.” His mother mocked him, I laughed because that’s what Impa always used to say about Zelda.

“Hey! Don’t you encourage her!” He said handing me a plate; I looked at it not sure where I wanted to start. It’s been such a long time since I’ve been able to eat so much at one time. I got emotional last night because I was so hungry and the knowledge of being able to enjoy myself was overwhelming.

“So when are you two planning to go see Headmaster Gaepora?” His mom asked finishing a mouthful of eggs. “He should be done his classes around noon.”

“After then, I suppose.” Link said digging into his cooking, then taking a drink of juice.

“Link, if it isn’t too much to ask…may I borrow your shower?” I’ve always just bathed in a small bucket thing in the castle, the whole experience was unpleasant and having an actual shower would be the best thing ever right now.

“Of course, not too much at all, I don’t mind. It’s just down the hallway to the left; the towels are in the drawer.” He said smiling.

“Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.” I said getting up, to head there.

“Dear, you look about the same size as me. I’ll leave you some clothes outside the door for when you’re finished to change into.” Links mother offered kindly. “You can just leave your current clothes in the hamper in the bathroom I will wash them later at some point.”

“I really appreciate your kindness, both of you.” I said letting Link know I was thanking him as well.

I made my way to the bathroom; it was a fair size with just the standard toilet and shower. I undressed and turned on the faucet, not quite sure how it would work. The water felt freezing cold so I jumped back startled, then laughed. I didn’t understand how that sensation would be so surprising to me, but I waited for the water to heat up nicely before turning the shower part on. I slowly jumped in feeling the sensation of warm water falling down my back, it was really pleasant. I started the process of washing; I never smelt such lovely lavender sent of shampoo before. All these sensations where so wonderful and over whelming, I found myself beginning to tear up and cry. I sat at the bottom of the tub and let the tears fall, I usually never let myself cry so much. Yet, with everything happening lately that’s all I was doing… it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing to let my emotions out.

I realized I must have been in the shower for a long while; my thoughts taking over the time around me and letting it slip away. I finally stood up and rinsed my hair again once more, turning off the water as I stepped out grabbing a towel I had placed on the toilet wrapping it around me. I wiped off the mirror and looked at my reflection, for the first time in a long time I liked what I saw.

My brown hair cascaded down my shoulders, wet from the water and dripping off the edge. My blue eyes lit up a little bit more, my freckles where quite noticeable, I wrinkled my nose to show myself that I was real and not a figment of my imagination. I stuck my tongue out at myself and smiled, to demonstrate that I had emotions and could show them. I then heard a knock at the door; I held the towel over me tightly.

“Yes…” I muttered.

“I was just checking on you, I hope everything is okay. My mother left the clothes outside the door when you’re ready. I’ll be just outside with Saria; she wants to play with Epona in the yard for a bit.” Link said just outside the door.

“Thank you Link, I am okay just about done.” I said, and then heard his footsteps stroll away. I opened the bathroom door slightly and picked up the clothes Links mother left for me.

A beautiful blue flower printed dress; it looked like it would fit me quite well. I haven’t worn a dress as pretty as this in a while; I couldn’t wait to put it on. I finished drying my hair with the towel as much as I could and glided my finger through my hair. I could really go for a haircut sometime soon, I thought to myself.

I slid the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror; it did indeed fit quite well. It flowed right at the waist and stopped just below my knees. I twirled around for a moment and giggled to myself, it’s been awhile since I felt this pretty.

I couldn’t wait to show Link.

Stepping out of the bathroom I made my way outside, I smiled when I saw Link playing and chasing around his little sister. I saw a smirk on his face when I walked up to him, he grinned as I got closer.

“Wow.” Is all I heard from him, he cleared his throat and wiped sweat off his face. “My mother sure has a great taste in fashion I guess.”

I twirled around just to show off for a moment, his little sister started copying me and doing the same.

“I’m a princess!” She giggled falling into the grass.

“You sure are!” Link laughed coming up behind her and grabbing her, she giggled even more and he picked her up. “Saria, this is Keriana. Can you say hello?”

“You’re pretty!” She giggled poking my nose.

“Thank you, you are too!” I said poking her nose back, Link put her down and she giggled and skipped inside the house.

“She’s adorable! I love kids!” I exclaimed happily. “When did you want to go Link?”

He ran his hand through his hair looking around for a moment, then right back at me. “We can head there now I suppose, he should be done his class soon.” He started heading in the house to say goodbye to his mother.

“Good luck you two, let me know what happens!” She said as we took off towards the truth.

“Are you nervous?” Link asked me as we stepped inside the school doors.

“Just a little bit, I can’t imagine what’s next to come.” I said following him.

“Link, what are you doing here? Should you not be preparing for Knight Academy?” It was the man that presented at the Castle the other day.

“I actually have a few questions to ask you, you see Gaepora… my friend Keriana and I were at Madame Fanadi’s yesterday and she spoke to us about a divine prophecy, a grand adventure pursay. She said we were both chosen for something, I didn’t believe it that well until she said that Keriana’s parents were killed by King Ganon to hold her hostage or something like that, and check this out.” Link carried on pulling up his sleeve; I got the hint and pulled mine up as well. Gaepora let out a gasp and put his hand over his mouth in surprise, he shook his head in disbelief.

“You both come with me; I believe the day has finally come. I will explain everything to the both of you.” He said motioning to a door at the back of the classroom, I looked at Link surprised that he actually knew.

We followed him and he led us into a large room, there was a stand with a sword wedged in the center of it. The triforce symbol we both possessed carved in the middle, as soon as we walked in the stand lit up, so did our pieces on our wrist.

“If this is what I think it is, Link you should be able to easily pull that sword from its pedestal. Are you ready to obtain the true power? If so approach the sword, do not hesitate and Keriana stand off to the side.” He said.

Link stood in shock staring at the sword, Gaepora gave him a nudge and he made his way up to the sword, with both hands on it he easily lifted it up causing the entire room to glow with a divine white light.

“I knew it. Link, you are the chosen Hero. The day has come that fate will reveal itself, I knew it would be you Link.”

“What does this mean? What do I have to do with it?” I questioned expecting to find answers of my own.

“Keriana, if you are who I believe you to be, only you… are able to touch that sword as well as Link. Anyone else and their hands will burn. Go on, give it a try.”

I reached out and took a look at Link who nodded at me, I touched the sword with my hand and it lit up even brighter. Not a slight chance of it burning. Gaepora smiled as me and Link both held on to the sword with all our might.

Just then a voice echoed from out of nowhere “You are the goddess of Hyrule, chosen to protect the land from Ganon. He murdered your parents, to keep you from finding the truth. He hid you away in the Castle just for that purpose, if you ever found out sooner his plans would go astray. He stole the triforce years ago, and hid the parts away planning to rule destroy Hyrule one day. You were both chosen, to find the pieces and restore safety to Hyrule. Link, your father... Ganon took him away; he’s locked away in a temple deep within Faron woods along with the first piece of the triforce... and, Keriana… Impa, she’s been taken away as well she’s locked within a temple in Lanayru Desert with the second piece. The third piece will reveal itself as your adventure goes on. Your last names, are named after these places… designated to you… as the chosen ones. Ganon knows now, the frightening nightmare has already begun; I suggest you both stick together throughout this experience. If Ganon holds onto those pieces any longer than he has, Hyrule is doomed!”

“Look outside, it’s already commenced.” The ground began to tremor, the bright light shattered and I crashed onto the ground, with a sudden force everything around me turned black.
♠ ♠ ♠
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, I am way too excited about this chapter. I read it over 1000 times being like DID I WRITE THAT???! WAS THAT ME!!!!??????? :D

sorry about the shitty grammar sometimes I get way too excited and forget to edit, I just wish I could write without my grammar making me sound like a moron. Lol anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I did and stay tuned I have so much more planned. ;)