Status: Working on it as I go, I have alot planned for this may start out slow but will pick up as I go.

A Greater Fate

Into the Shadows

“It’s not that you can’t do it, it’s that no one showed you how. And that’s okay.” Impa told me as I tried to ride a bike for the first time.

“But, I keep falling Impa.” I said slumped on the ground pouting.

“If you fall, you can just get up and keep on running. Or, in this case riding.” She laughed picking me up and placing me on the bike again.

I started peddling down the long wooden path ahead of me; Impa had her hand on my back keeping me steady. I reached the wall and stood up and clapped my hands.

“I did it Impa! Are you proud of me?” I asked as she started clapping too.

“I am very proud of you! You can do so many great things my dear; you’ll find that out for sure one day.”

*BOOM* the thunder clapped throughout the sky jolting me awake.

Link had fallen asleep on the floor, with only a blanket and a lumpy pillow to use for a bed. I had fallen asleep on the couch after Link and I held the doors shut for what seemed like hours, the dark beasts that Ganon had sent out to stop us finally caught up. They never made their way in and we were safe, for the meantime.

My arms ached from holding the cabin doors closed for what felt like hours, the shadow beasts that Ganon had sent out had found us. We held them off for now, but we knew that they would be back for us very soon. That’s why we needed to set out to Faron Woods as soon as possible, I was given the wrong location the first time from the light spirits, but I knew that the second location they told me would be the right one. I couldn’t tell Link that I was getting this information from the Light Spirits, I was Link’s guide and the information he needed was sent to me. He couldn’t know at all, that’s how I knew how to call Epona; the light spirits had informed me. If Link found out then this entire thing would be ruined, I just had to play it off like I knew what I was doing.

I heard Link moving in his sleep and groaning slightly, his eyes fluttered before he opened them,

“How come you’re awake Keriana?” He asked stretching and looking at me concerned.

“The Thunder woke me up, did I wake you Link?”

“Not at all, I just had a difficult time getting comfortable.” He said getting up and sitting down next to me on the couch. “Are you okay?”

“I’m alright, just a little bit shaken up from what happened last night.”

“I understand, we’ll leave again when it gets light out. Wait a second, how did this get in here?” Link questioned getting up noticing the sword was lying by the door. “This was NOT in here last night.
I had known, I knew that the light spirits had left it there for him and he needed it. Yet, I couldn’t tell him of course. I just shrugged, “I guess you really need that sword Link, its best we take it with us.”

“I suppose so, are you hungry? There’s plenty of food here, I hope who ever lives here doesn’t mind if we take some.” He said opening the fridge and looking around, he pulled out a container of fresh Lon Lon milk. “I’m perfectly fine with just cereal.”

He made himself a bowl of cereal and one for me as well, he handed it to me and sat across from me at the table. We ate our breakfast in silence, until my head started hurting very badly. I started hearing the light spirits speaking to me, which meant they had another important message for me to tell Link.

“Go… to… the left of the spring, there… you will find… an item the Hero will need, and will desire. Take him there…. Quiiiccckkkllllyyy…” As soon as the voice stopped my head ceased its massive thumping of pain.

“What’s wrong Keriana? Everything okay?” Link asked concerned seeing that I was clearly in some distress.

“Yeah, just a headache… nothing to worry about.” I lied not wanting him to be suspicious about my knowledge I knew.

“The sun is starting to rise, we should probably be moving on soon.” He said putting his empty bowl in the sink.

“I agree Link, we can’t stop so long to rest.” I told him getting up to leave the little shack. I was set on making it to Faron woods that day, and to the location they told me when I got that headache.

“How are you so sure you know where Faron woods is?” He questioned me curiously. I wasn’t supposed to tell him anything the light sprites told me, at least for now until we actually got to the light spirit. They’ve been telling things and letting me know what I can do with my powers that I gained. It wasn’t much but, I could set things on fire, and levitate things across the room, I could read minds but only when I was making eye contact and concentrating very hard. Yet, I could never read Links mind.

“I just have a feeling.”

We left the cabin with the feeling of dread upon us, the day was just as dull as the last, it wasn’t raining anymore but it was still cold and grey. I could feel eyes on me with every step I took, the walk with Link through the forest was silent. We both kicked our feet through the dirt, I shivered due to the wind picking up with every step we took.

“We need to go to the left of the spring, which is that way.” I said aiming to the path behind the spring that the light spirits told me about.

As we walked there a shadow beast came out of nowhere, Link began to look rather frightened until he remembered he had his sword with him and began slashing at the beast with the sword. Rendering the beast unconscious until he took a final strike that killed him promptly.

“Whoa, I didn’t expect that to happen.” He muttered surprised he was actually able to kill one of the dark beasts, the sword he was holding shined luminously and the triforce symbol he possessed lit up.

“We need to keep moving.” I said keeping in mind of what the light spirits told me.

As we came closer down the path, we noticed a chest that had the words ‘Hero of Time’ written upon it, this must be what the light spirits were referring to.

“Should…I open it?” Link asked cautiously as he slowly approached the chest.

“You’re the hero, it was obviously made for you Link, and you need to open it.” I reassured him as he appeared worried it wasn’t for him.

He opened the chest slowly and light began to erupt from it, he pulled out a shiny shield and a green tunic.

More shadow monsters began appearing out of nowhere and crowding around us, it was beginning to become over whelming. Link started slashing his way through them with every approach he could, they began to die off one by one. I felt claws behind me on my shoulders, it pushed me over and started biting at me hungrily. I screamed just as I saw Link push a sword through the middle of it, he pulled it off me and helped me up off the ground.

“Are you okay?”

I nodded and he placed his sword away in his bag and we carried onto Faron Woods keeping an eye out for any enemies that came our way, we stopped for a moment and I felt the familiar headache begin to return once more.

‘Faron Woods….is to the eaaaassstt. Go to the east………the east…’ It trailed off and I knew where we needed to head just then.

“We need to go to the East Link, I have a feeling that the entrance of Faron Woods will be there, path we must follow, and that leads to a cave that leads to Faron Woods.”

“Are you for certain it resides there?” Link wondered out loud.

“I am most certain.”

We finally reached what seemed to be a dark long cave, we could barely even see right in front of us let alone down the tunnel. I began to get scared and noticeably shaken, I felt Links hand reach into mine and hold it tightly as we made our way down the tunnel.

“I can’t see a damn thing.” Link complained as we made our way down, he slashed at the enemies that made our way close to us.

“I think I can finally see the end of the tunnel its beginning to become light.”

“Is that another chest glowing over on the ground?” He asked making his way over to a small chest on the ground kicking it open. A red rupee sat inside of it, Link picked it up amazed at what he found.

“Wow, rupees.” He placed it in his wallet and we continued on, the tunnel twisted and turned as we carried on. I suddenly got a sinking feeling that something very wrong was about to happen, I held onto Links hand tightly as we approached the end of the tunnel only to be approached by a tall man dressed in all black.

“Father?” Link gasped surprised to see his dad so early on before the temple was reached.

“Link, no time to explain you must come with me.” He said running off back into the woods nowhere to be seen once he disappeared.

Link ran off after him and I knew just then that it was a mistake, and that in fact was not Links father. Links father was still trapped deep within the temple, this was just Ganon sending out a fake replica of his father, hoping that he would fall for such a divine prank and of course he had.

“LINK!” I shouted as Link ran off farther ahead of me. “That’s not your father Link!”

He didn’t hear me, he kept running. There was nothing I could do at that point to stop him, he ran with such determination to catch his ‘father’. I had to do something, I had to make him believe that what he saw was not his father and some fake.

****************************************Links P.O.V***************************************

Running made me so out of breath, but I knew I had to catch up to him. He was my father, and I had about a thousand questions for him. What didn’t make sense to me was how he could be out here when we were told that my father was trapped inside the temple.

Abruptly I stopped, instantly realizing the mistake I had made. He was not my father, and I was fooled.

“He’s not my father is he Keriana?”

“No Link. Don’t fall for Ganons games.” She replied catching up to me.
I kneeled on the ground and let out a small cry, as much as I knew it wouldn’t fix anything but it felt good to let out the agony I felt out.

“We need to keep moving, it’s not safe right here.”

Getting up off the ground I took a look around me, she was right enemies could come out of nowhere at any given moment and we needed to keep moving, to distract them from coming after us. As we walked the air around us began to get colder, it felt as if we were walking into an ice box.

“Why is it so cold? What is that dark blanket where approaching?” I looked up and saw that there was a dark area surrounding us, it seemed to be a portal to another world, another dimension.

“The shadow realm.” Keriana whispered as we got closer to it. “The demons, are bound to you Link.
I cannot go with you, I have to stay behind while you defeat them.”

“I have to go in there alone?”

“Unfortunately yes, if I go in there I will be turned into one of them.”

“But what about Faron Woods?”

“That will come after, go Link.” She nudged me towards the entrance. I waved my hand in front of it, it turned a dark gray as it grew closer to the portal, and I stepped in and watched as the world around me grew dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
I WISHHH I COULD WRITE LONGER CHAPTERS IM SOOOO SORRY D: