The Grim

Prologue

Those who lost their lives,

Release souls.

Those who collect,

Decide where they will be placed.

He who decides the fate of death,

Cannot be seen by the living eye.

Unless death were escaped.

In Center Street of New York City, there is a statue of an angel. She is holding a golden sword in one hand and a steel helmet in the other. This statue was built a few weeks after the Grim had taken out the light of the world. Now all there is darkness. This angel was a shrine to be built for the last hope of humanity. We look upon her as we are at war. Countries and laws didn’t matter anymore. Humans finally realized that this would be the time to put differences aside and fight for what really matters. Existence, and survival, in the war of the Undead.

Demons. Vampires. Zombies. Warlocks. Grim Reapers.

Humans are being hunted by all of these things each and every day. So much that it endangered our population. I suppose their fates will come once the humans are all dead, but that is at the bottom of my list. This year would make 2030, not that the world is counting anymore. It has been exactly ten years since the sun was covered by a massive black cloud, covering the entire world in never ending darkness, called the Grim. That’s right, I haven’t seen daylight in exactly ten years. In order to survive, humans began to create organizations and survival groups in order to strike back at them. Those who casted us into darkness. Hopefully, one day, we can bring back the light.

This year would make 2030, not that the world is counting anymore. It has been exactly ten years since the sun was covered by a massive black cloud, covering the entire world in never ending darkness, called the Grim. That’s right, I haven’t seen daylight in exactly ten years.

Survival groups are now joining together to find a way to defeat the Grim. I am among them. My name is Vengeance Estride…and this is my story.

If you believe that dreams really can come true…then what about nightmares?