Galaxy

Prologue

Earth was made unlivable in 2017 by the effects of global warming and over 30% of the population was killed by either flooding, dehydration, radiation or worse. Pioneers from NASA, and other countries' space programs came together to find a solution to their planet problem among the stars. They found what they affectionately dubbed, "Earth Nine" a planet a little smaller than Earth but with all the atmospheric and resource properties needed to host a human colony. So the remaining population of Earth was moved to "Earth Nine" with the space pioneers as the new leaders of the planet.

However the feeling of victory from finding a livable and unoccupied planet made the new leaders greedy for more and so they created a program to train future pioneers to find other planets so that Earth could expand it's reach. They thought they were the only living beings in the galaxy but they were so very wrong.

Across the galaxy were several interconnected hubs that were abuzz with frightened chatter. Each hub was filled with a different species of alien and each member of each species were terrified of the galaxies' newest inhabitant. They never thought that the humans of Earth would make it this far into the stars and they worried of what would happen now that they had. Their respective leaders came together at a summit and agreed to send diplomats to Earth Nine in order to forge alliances and hopefully prevent the humans from destroying their planets they way they had destroyed theirs.

When the diplomats came to Earth Nine, they were welcomed with awe and open arms. But after the novelty of the existence of aliens wore off, the leaders of Earth Nine began to fish for information. They wanted to know where the other planets were, what their atmospheres were like, and could they visit. Over the years the leaders of Earth Nine met with the leaders of other planets and so alliances were indeed formed, but plans and coups were as well. The other planets had valuable resources that would greatly benefit Earth Nine and mere samples weren't enough. The leaders of Earth Nine and the graduates of the Pioneer program began to manipulate and burrow into the affairs of other planets and began to turn the once strong alliance of aliens against each other.

Wars were waged in the stars, and the other planets became busy with hording resources and attacking each other. By the time they realized their real enemy it was too late.

Earth Nine was already in a position of high power but with great power came great change and although Earth Nine advanced technologically, they began to regress socially. They became bloodthirsty savages and created the Blood; A subsection of the Pioneer Program that invested in training warriors to destroy those who would dare to hinder Earth Nine in their quest to conquer the galaxy. The warriors of the Blood were foul creatures, given prosthetic limb enhancements to make them stronger and more versatile in the field. Some of them became more machine then man and so they were drafted into a more private section of the Blood, called the Iron. Enhancements were then banned and scientist looked to others ways to strengthen warriors of the Blood. They discovered that increased levels of testosterone warped the warriors brains into thinking they were invincible and so they became better warriors but the testosterone also increased their sex drive. Scientist found that when their sex drive was too high, the male warriors of the blood would sexually assault the females warriors of the blood, often killing them in the process. This was the day that females were banned from joining the ranks of the Blood. And it was also the day that the Kneel were created.

The Kneel is a program made almost entirely of females with the sole purpose of appeasing and lower the sex drive of the warriors of the Blood. The Kneel environment is heavily supervised by the warriors of the Iron, as said warriors are incapable of becoming aroused so they cannot be distracted by the promiscuity of the females. In the now rare event that a warrior of the Blood has such a high sex drive that he tries to murder a female, a warrior of the Iron will execute him. But that is rare. Not all members of the Kneel are female. Some are Velvets, men who aren't able to produce higher levels of testosterone but are more durable for sex than females. These Velvets are low in number, but highly valued by Earth Nine and so all men are tested for the capability for increased testosterone and if they fail the test, they are branded as Velvets and trained for the Kneel at ages as low as twelve.

The creation of the Blood, and Kneel programs greatly shifted the regular citizen dynamics in Earth Nine. Females were no longer considered being worthy of equal treatment and being a married woman was the safest to be. A married woman or a daughter were the property of their husband or father, respectively.

Although most females entered the Kneel program, there were some who became Hospice workers and tended to the ill and wounded. However if they prove to be ill prepared for their job or otherwise unable to do it, they are transferred to the Kneel program.

For all females, reaching the age of sixteen was when their future was decided. Due to being property of their fathers, they do not get to choose where to go. Some fathers are kinder than other and opt for their daughters to join the Hospice, but more often than not, the fathers send their daughters to the Kneel and rejoice in the funds they receive for their generous contribution to the advancement of Earth Nine.