Opposite Sides

Chapter 1

War brewed across the land and the Main Front was trying their best to hold the dark forces back. The Main Front mainly consisted of normal warriors with no magic abilities. There were some of the Olwen who helped these warriors, but the dark forces were far stronger than expected. Even with the added military weapons, the Main Front was barely holding on.

Airplanes flew through the sky, dropping explosives and re-enforcements to the land. Some dark magic wielders flew through the air, penetrating these steal vessels as if they were bullets themselves. One of these wielders was making their way towards one specific plane, but was immediately destroyed by the pure magic power of an Olwen.

A woman with crystal white hair stood in the open hatch of the plane with her hands out and ready to strike again. A young woman, no older than twenty was in the back of the cavity equipping a parachute to her back.

"Eve, you don't have to do this. You know that, right?"

"Three o'clock."

The crystal haired woman shot a silver bolt of lightning from her hands to her right at another dark monster. The monster screeched in pain as it plunged towards the ground. Eve's boots clacked on the metal hatch as she slid two swords into their sheaths. More shots of lightning fired out as Eve joined the woman at the bottom of the hatch. Both wore the same color uniform, though Eve ditched the mandatory skirt the Main Front was to wear and dawned a pair of slacks. After all, no woman was supposed to fight in this man's war.

She scanned the battle thousands of miles below for her target. She could see General Lane and some of the Olwen young men who joined her on her journey a few weeks prior. It was so hard to believe that only weeks ago she was just a student helping the nurses between classes.

"Macy will initiate the plan in twenty minutes. Remember what you're supposed to do!"

"There," Eve pointed to the battle ground below and spotted the black haired man fighting in the crowd, he dawned the royal garbs Eve studied far too well and was the most powerful on the front. The one to stop at any cost.

"Get him past the fault line! The rest of the soldiers will push the others back the best they can. Remember! Twenty minutes!"

Eve backed up on the metal hatch and charged with all her might out of the plane. The crystal haired woman gave her a push with her magic and Eve flew into the air. Her pinned hair was coming undone, but she remained focused on the goal. The black haired man was sure to fall that day.