Opposite Sides

Chapter 3

"Now, just who is the lucky man that you are smitten with?"

The gorgeous crystal colored hair of Eve's friend popped into her view as she opened her locker. The Olwen was named Lillian and happened to be the first friend Eve ever made at the "Quonset". Ever since the war changed directions further south of the land, the soldiers that came from the actual quonsets in the north continued to call the barracks as the Quonset as a homage to their terrible experience. Eve never understood this since they now took over Marana University's, everything, to house these soldiers. Marana may be an old college, but at least they had the land and dormitories to easily please the soldiers who invaded her every day life. It was quite common now for Eve to be walking to her class and see a group of men jogging the track or doing drills out where the soccer field used to be.

"Don't gawk at me, I have never seen you smile as much as you are right now!"

Eve kind of stuck her nose up as she changed her favorite every-day dress to the tan and dark brown uniform up hanging in her locker. Eve tried to frown but even as she buttoned up the tan blouse, all she could think of was her evening the night before. Lillian leaned on the other lockers waiting for Eve to say something. Though, in typical Lillian impatient fashion, she continued to talk.

"Let me guess, it must have been romantic. Dinner, a long walk, you being clumsy and nearly falling into the creek staring at his dreamy eyes."

"Oh, you! You saw me last night!"

Eve shoved Lillian who just laughed. Her mom always did say that the straight-to-the-point Evelyn would be on vacation for at least a week whenever some guy came into her life. Lillian was just milking it.

"Come on girl, don't hold out on me! Who is he? Please tell me it's not James."

"Ew, no. James always tries to talk to me right after he runs all morning. I don't think I've ever seen him not smelling like sweat."

"Well?? Who is he?"

Eve finally slipped on her skirt and gave a little shrug. She had met him by pure chance. He was foreign, she could tell by the way he slurred some words together, but was human. He actually was quite normal of a human as well. Light brown hair, small brown eyes, and glasses. The only thing that was noticeable about the man was that he was tall and the green uniform was just a bit too short for him. His pants legs especially were about an inch too short. This to her added to his charm. He liked to make fun of his height and just made her laugh. Oh, she hadn't laughed that much in a long time.

Lillian's eyebrows were arched in curiosity waiting for Eve to say something. Eve unfortunately didn't know much else about the soldier. He only said that he was there to give a top-secret message to one of the generals from another camp and had to go back. He was nice enough to walk all the way home that evening, which takes dedication since she lived on the other side of town, and they kind of left it as they'll see each other soon. Normally, she wouldn't hold so strongly onto those ambiguous words, but she did hope to see him again soon.

"It was just a fun night... and that's all you're getting out of me!"

She tied her uniform tie and Lillian just rolled her eyes. She tried one more time to get it out of Eve on who this mystery man was, but the Senior Nurse Ida came into the room breaking up their lovely conversation. Eve grabbed the final hat of the uniform and both ladies followed after the nurse out of the locker rooms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its fun using generators to do the work of naming things for you :)