Unique Animals

Wolf

I was now 23 and worked as a guide or as a consultant in upper Montana . I grew up in this area and with my powers I was able to learn a lot about the woods here. The forest rangers came to me when they needed help with something. I was hired to guide researchers or campers out into the wilderness and then bring them back. It was the perfect job for someone like me. I'm the last 2 years I have taken over the body of most of the creatures that lived in the woods. I was stronger faster and more agile than a normal human would ever be, but with this power I learn many thing I shouldn't know about.

The sun had just set when I saw a golden eagle flying out side. Like always I entered its body like I was pushed into it by the wind. I felt the Bird start to fall before I took control and leveled us out. I loved flying there was nothing out there that was more fun. Though tonight I spotted something that was different. I flew down and landed on a old tree. Below a man was undressing. He was beautiful. His skin was tanned and was tall. His hair was a dark chocolate brown but from where I was I couldn't see his eyes. I watched him for a second before he turned in my direction and looked at me with midnight blue eyes. The eagle's instincts told me he was a predator like us.

After a second he turned away and something changed. The eagle started to feel uneasy and there was a loud snap below. The man's body was changing. Brown fur covered skin as muscles and bones changed shape. It was both horrifying and amazing at the same time. I had just watched a man change into a wolf.

<&&>

Ever since I walked into the woods I felt like I was being watched. But the only thing I saw was a lone eagle watching from high on a tree. It was curious about me and even after I met it's eyes it still watched me like I was its prey. I turned away from it and shifted. When I was done it gave a loud cry and I heard it's large wings lift it into the air as it left me behind.

I shook my head shaking the thoughts of the eagle from my head. This might be the last chance I get to run in a while.

<&&>

The next morning I woke up as the sun rose. I was to guide someone through the woods for the next few days. Some researcher wanting to do some research on wolf behavior. I quickly dressed and got my pack ready.

It was about a 20 minute drive to where I was to meet the man. When I pulled up to the meet up spot there where a few groups of people getting ready to go hiking but one man stood alone with his hiking pack at his feet. I turned off my jeep and smiled to myself. He brown hair was tied back and his blue eyes looked from his watch to the woods.

I shook my head grabbing my pack. I locked my jeep and walked over to him.

"Are you Zack?" I asked seeing him jump. He looked me over for a second before smiling.

"That would be me." He said his deep voice sending chills up my spin.

"I'm Ivory, nice to meet you. " I said holding my hand out. He took it and for a second his eyes widen.

"So let me ask a few things before we get going." I said pulling my hand away.

"Ask away."

"Have you ever gone hiking before?"

"Yes I go out at least once a week back at home." He said. I sighed at least he knew what he was doing.

"Good that saves me some time. You don't mind going off the trail do you?"

"That's fine with me." He said.

"Ok then we should be good. If your ready we can get going." I said strapping on my pack. He did the same and we started our way into the woods.

The first few hours we walked in silence. I could feel him watching me as we hiked. I felt something and looked up to see another golden eagle sitting at the top of a tree.

"Are there a lot of eagles out here?" He asked breaking the silence.

"Yes but I've seen more this year then other years. They must be doing well." I said stopping for a second. He stopped close behind me. I could smell him when he was this close and now that I was paying attention I could smell a small hint of wolf coming from him.

"Everything alright." He asked.

"Wolves." I said pointing them out. They where still quiet far away but you could make out they're shaped from where we were. We would have to back down the mountain to get close to them.

"This close?" He seemed shocked.

"We aren't that close to the city and there is plenty of game out here and people that live out here don't mind them as long as they don't bother them." I said looking at the wolves.

"Well let's hike down a little there is a spot I know we can camp out for the night." I said. He nodded and followed me down the mountain. About a hour later we came to a small clearing. I set my pack down and sighed.

"This should be good for the night." I said.

"Good to me." He smiled.

"I'll go get some firewood." I said standing up. I walked around for a while collecting dead branches. When I came back he had set up a place for a fire and was preparing food. We worked in silence until the fire was burning and food was cooking.

"So does anything strange happen out here?" He asked.

"There is always something weird going on out here." I said.

"Yes but more strange than normal."

"Not that I know of but I heard a few years ago a wolf killed a few hikers out here but then it just stop probably got killed." I said shrugging. He seemed to think about that for a second before nodding.

"That's it?"

"Yup that's all I heard about." I lied. His eyes narrowed for a second. All of a sudden there was a lone wolf howl. It was different from any I've heard of before. When I looked at Zack his eyes glowed a golden yellow. His lip where peeled back showing snap teeth. He stood up and ran into the woods. I shook my head and closed my eyes. I reached out to the eagle that I saw earlier. I took over the body and quickly flew to where I heard wolves growling. With my sight I spotted them easily 6 wolves where circling the wolf I knew was Zack.

I circled above waiting. It was a unfair fight. No matter where he turned he would be attacked from behind. Finally I folded my wings and went in for the attack. My wings flared and my talons met with flash and bone. I tried to lift the wolf into the air but was only able to drag it a few feet before I let go and took of into the sky.

After the second attack the wolves took off. I landed on a branch and left the eagles body. Pain ran through the back of my head and I groaned reaching back and feeling blood. I must of hit a rock when I left my body.

Zack walked back into the campsite naked and I raised a brow at him.

"Having fun?" I asked. He looked at me for a second before shaking his head and going over to he pack for clothes.

He was silent while he dressed. I sat there ignoring the pain my head was in while I waited for him to change. With a sigh he sat across from me. Our fire was just flowing embers now and cast a Orange glow over his face

"Would you call the strange?" He asked after a while.

"What are you talking about?" I asked tilting my head to the side. His eyes narrowed and with a growl walked over to his pack and pulled out a satellite phone. He walked away from the camp until I couldn't hear him anymore. I closed my eyes and tested my head on my hands. I was tired.

<&&>

I could still see Ivory her head rested in her hands and she looked tired. I never met anyone like her. She didn't smell like a human she smelt like the woods. Out here I could only sense her when she was close or lying. She walked to quietly for a human and she didn't stumble like most would. She was even more silent than my wolf which both scared and interested us. I wanted to keep her in my sights. I know she knows I'm a wolf but I have no clue what she is. Was she a Bird shifter or something else.

"Zack?" My dad and alpha asked.

"Sorry I was thinking."

"How are things going there?"

"We where right. I was attacked by a group of wolves."

"Are you hurt?"

"Not badly. I had some help."

"What?"

"You where also right about the girl. I don't think she is human but I have no clue what she is. A eagle helped me fight the wolves but when I got back to camp the girl didn't moved from her spot."

"A eagle? Eagle shifters died out years ago. Could she be one?"

"I don't know, but she can walk the woods better than me."

"Bring her back. Ill send a team out there to take care of the wolves. I want to meet this girl." He said.

"Yes sir." I said and he hung up. He more interested in the girl than he was is the rouge wolves.

I shook myself and went back to camp. The fire was now out and Ivory was laying on her back looking up at the sky.

"Did you have a nice talk?" She asked.

"I did, but my boss was wondering if you where interested in coming back to help..."

"Stop with the bull crap and tell me strait." She said her electric green eyes narrowing at me. I sighed sitting down next to her. Her blonde almost white hair stood out against the brown forest floor.

"My alpha wants to meet you."

"Alpha. That is leaving me little choice is it. I either go or I'm forced to go."

"I wouldn't force you but I will try everything in my power to get you to come with me."

"I see it could be interesting and your the only werewolf I've ever met. I could learn a thing or two. I'll go, I might even be able to have some of my questions answered."

"Good."

"When do you want to head out?" She asked.

"As soon as possible."

"Ok then let's head out." She said standing up.

"Now?" I asked shocked. I could see good at night but I wasn't sure about her.

"I can walk just fine at night let's just see if you can keep up." She smiled pulling her pack on. I quickly followed after her. She was going much faster the hike here. The way she moved seemed almost unreal. She knew where to put her feet and seemed to notice every creature that we passed. It took us half the time to get back and she wasn't even out of breath.

"Follow me to the airport." I said walking over to the car I had rented. She went to her jeep tossing her pack in the back and following me to the airport.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok I'm really enjoying writing this story and I know there is a lot of mistakes, since I'm writing all this from a phone. Just bear with me until I can get to a computer and fix up all mistakes. Thanks.