Unique Animals

Alaska

Someone shook my shoulder waking me up. I opened my eyes and for a second forgot where I was.

"We will be landing soon." Zack said as he leaned back into his seat across from me.

"Where are we at?" I said looking out the window. All I could see where trees below.

"At our little wolf town in Alaska."

"Alaska huh." I could feel the plane descending already. This was nothing like being in the body of a raptor. You didn't get to feel the wind going through your feathers or the thrill of being the top predator in the sky. You didn't get to feel your strong wings carry you through the sky.

"Ivory you there?" Zack asked waving a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry what where you saying?" I asked.

"Just about where you will be staying while you are here. Anyway I just tell you when we get there. My alpha should be meeting us at the airport." He said. I looked back out the window and to see a small sort runway. I sat back as the plane landed on the bumpy ground and slowly came to a stop in a hanger. It took another minute before the engines shut off and we could leave the plane. Inside the hanger was a large truck with a tall man leaning against it. I looked him over. He was tall probably a inch or two shorter than Zack's 6'3. He had the same chocolate brown hair as Zack but his eyes where brown instead of the dark blue that Zack's eyes were.

"Hello Ivory im Charles alpha of this pack." He said holding out his hand.

"Hello." I smiled taking his hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed my hand.He lingered there for a second before he straightened and gave me a confused look.

"You must be tired I'll have Zack drive you around. We can talk when your rested up."

"Thank you." I said. Charles tossed a set of keys at Zack and went over to the plane.

"Lets go." He said opening the door to the truck for me. I closed my eye and waited for Zack to get in. I didn't open them until we where on the road. All around us where trees. I reached and and felt every creature we pass. There where so many animals here my head spun.

"Here we are." I looked at the house in front of us. It was a simple single story house. It seemed to fit in here.

"And where is this?"

"My house. You will be staying in the guest room." He said as he parked the truck. We both got out and I followed him to the front door. He unlocked it and went inside. I followed closing the door behind me.

"This is going to be your room while you are here and the bathroom is at the end off the hall. I'll make something to eat while you clean up." He said.

"Thanks." I said walking into the bedroom. It was nice with a large bed and a desk pushed off to one side. There was a large window looking out at the woods and I smiled to myself. This place was beautiful.

I shook myself and set my pack on the desk. I didn't have much clothes just two more sets but that should be enough for me. I grabbed a pair of sweats and a tank top and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower using his shampoo. I braided my hair and went to find Zack.

I found him in the kitchen putting food on plates.

"Smells good." I said and jumped almost dropping the plate in his hand.

"I might have to put a bell on you." He said looking over his shoulder at me. I smiled leaning against the counter.

"Then I wouldn't get to see you jump." I laughed. He shook his head and set the two plates on the table. I sat down and took a bite.

"So what are you?" He asked. I looked at him for a second before setting down the fork and leaning back in the chair.

"No clue." I said smiling.

"Really?"

"My parents can't do what I can. Hell I don't even think I'm they're real daughter. But I have no clue what I am. I can't do much. I'm stronger than a regular human. My eye sight is as good as it gets and I can hear and smell better than probably you. But that's about it. That's the only thing that's changed in my body."

"You cant shape shift or anything right?"

"Not that I know of." He leaned back and seemed to think for a second

"Never heard anything like it before."

"Me either." I said closing my eyes.

"We can ask my dad he will probably know something."

"I hope. I would like to know what I am." I said taking another bite of the food.

"At first I thought you where a shifter, a eagle shifter to be correct but they died off a long time ago. But you say you don't shift." He said while I finished the rest of the food.

"What else is out there?" I said more to myself.

" You really don't know?" He asked shocked.

"I didn't know there was such thing as werewolf tell recently." I said shrugging.

"My dad can tell you everything you need to know. He will probably be over early in the morning." He said picking up my dish.

"Then I guess I should head to bed now."

"That would be a good idea. I'll see you in the morning."

"Good night." I said and headed back to the room I was staying in. I sighed setting my pack on the ground and sitting at the desk to look outside. I reached out and felt all the creatures outside this house. There were so many. I reached out and felt the raptor. They all had the same type of mind. They thought differently than others. Small bride where always worried about larger birds and wildcats. The raptors didn't. They only worried about they're next prey. They where strong and fast.

I reached out and felt the gryfalcon. It was sitting in a tree cleaning its feathers when I entered it. I quickly jumped off the branch and took to the air.

Truly nothing like flying. You felt free not being restricted to the ground and where no one could reach you. With the slightest adjustment you change how you move. It was the best feeling in the world.

For what seemed like hours I flew around keeping close to where I found it. One thing I notice was the wolves. They where everywhere. Bigger than real wolves. Some where running in groups and others where sleeping in big piles of fur.

I landed in a tree and left the gryfalcons body. I came back to my body with someone shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Zack looking down at me.

"What?" I groaned.

"I came in and found you passed out at the desk. Your heart was barley beating." He almost yelled.

"There's nothing to worry about." I said sitting up.

"Did you not hear me. Your heart was nearly beating."

"I told you I'm fine. Really. What time is it anyway?" I asked.

"A little after 4 in the morning." He said. I was out for a while. I stretched and looked outside.

"There are really a lot of wolves here." I said.

"It is a wolf town." He said.

"Right."

"My dad gets up early, he will probably be here soon." He said standing up.

"Ok are you fine with me making breakfast?"

"That's fine I need to take a shower anyway."

I went to the kitchen and started cooking. While I cooked I let my mind reach out and touch the other animals around the house. A door closing snapped me out of my thoughts.

"How are you this morning? " Charles said walking into the kitchen.

"Great thanks." I said smiling over my shoulder at him.

"So Ivory how do you like it here?"

"I love it. This house is beautiful and everything around it is also." I said while pilling food in plates.

"Good I'm glad." He said while I placed the plates on the table. I could hear Zack walking down the hall and his dad treated him with a nod.

"We all sat down and began to eat. After we where almost done Charles sat back and looked at me.

"Zack tells me you know nothing about yourself or about anything out there."

"The only thing I know is that I'm not human."

"So besides being more than a human what else can you do?" He asked leaning forward.

"What?"

"Your hiding something." He smiled. My heart thumped in my chest and my hands became sweaty. I knew this feeling. I felt like a rabbit being started down by a predator. I took a deep breath to calm myself and set down my fork.

"Its hard to explain, it would be easier to show you." I said standing up. They followed me out the door where I stood where nothing hurt me if I fell.

I took a deep breath and reached out. There was a fox nearby. Close enough I could actually smell it. I entered it and heard someone curse.

"Ivory?" I heard Zack say as I trotted out from the underbrush. I shook out the fox's red fur and sat down.

I could feel the fox's fear. It was terrified of the two wolves. It's fear was almost to strong for me to keep in control of it.

I shook myself self and ran back into the woods. Far enough for the fox to feel safe and left its body. I opened my eyes and Zack helped me to my feet.

"So you can control them."

"Yes I take over their body. Unless they feel a strong emotion I can control they're body."

"How long?" Charles asked.

"Hours." I said he seemed to think it over for a second.

"So how did you become stronger?" He asked.

"Every animal I take over I gain some of its traits. The sight of a falcon, the agility of a wildcat."

"And you can't shift?"

"Not that I know of."

"Ever tried?" Zack asked.

"No."

"Well let's try it. Just think of the animal you want become. Picture it in your mind." I did. I stood there for what felt kind forever and nothing happened.

"I guess you can't change but that's fine. Let's go inside and talk." Charles said heading into the house. Zack followed after him while I stood there for a second.

My finger tips started to burn and I looked down to see long claws there, almost like talons. My eyes widen and i shook my head. When I looked at my hands again they where back to normal.

"You ok Ivory?" Zack called.

"I'm fine." I said following him inside. Charles was in the kitchen leaning against the counter.

"Ok Ivory I have a offer for you. I would like to hire you. "

"Hire me?" I asked confused.

"Yes. I'm interested in having you do the same job as Zack."

"And that is?"

"Some wolves go rouge or lose control. Some break the laws for the thrill of the hunt. I send Zack out to hunt them. With your power it would be much easier and take less time." I leaned back against the wall and thought about it. I could stay here and might be able to learn more about what I am.

"Sure." I said meeting his eyes.

"Good. If you like I can send someone to your home to pack your things." He said.

"That would be great." I smiled.

"Ok stay here for a while. I'll have everything taken care of." He said and left.

"Are you sure your up for this. It is a hard job."

"I'll be fine." I smiled at him

"I hope."