Unique Animals

Shift

Ivory has been here for a few weeks now but she mostly stays at the house. The pack feel uneasy around her. Some say she is to quiet and others feel she is to wild. The older wolves say she feels like a rouge. The only people that she talks to is my dad and me. Other than that she stays away from other people.

When the pack is out running I would sometimes see a eagle or hawk watching us from a tree. She spends most of her time in her room and only comes out when she needs to eat. Though recently she would take her jeep out and be gone for the day. She tells me she goes out pass the pack's territory so that she doesn't run into any wolves. She also said that there was more animals outside the pack's territory.

My wolf always wanted to go out and find her yet I knew she wanted to be alone. He wanted to protect her so bad that it was sometimes hard to leave her alone. He was glad she stayed away from the other wolves since he didn't want anyone else to see her. She didn't frighten us like she did the other wolves. My wolf and I took pleasure in knowing that she was strong.

Though she was new here. She knew close to nothing about werewolves. She didn't know about mates or that being here she could become the mate of one. She didn't know that i wanted her to the point where I would break pack laws and abandon my duty to go after her if she left. She didn't know how hard it was to keep myself from claiming her as mine.

I sighed as I drove home, when I woke up this morning Ivory was already gone . She wouldn't be back tell late tonight however when I pulled into the driveway her forest green jeep sat in its spot. My wolf grew eager wanting to see her.

I quickly parked my truck and went inside. The house was quiet but when I went by her room she was sitting at her desk looking at her laptop. Her white hair was braided down her back but now she had something different. Feathers where fastened to the braid adding colors of gold and black.

"I didn't think you would be back so early." I said. She leaned back in her chair and streached.

"Me either. But I saw something out there I thought I would talk to you about it."

"Go on." I said.

"I don't know what it was but it scared the eagle I was in which suprised me. They aren't scared of much not even you wolves since you are all bound to the ground, but this thing scared it." She looked scared while she talked about it.

"What it look like?"

"It was really tall with matted fur covering its body. It's arms seemed to long for its body and it had long claws. It's teeth where long and sharp and it's tounge hung out of its mouth. It looked at me line it knew I was there. It moved so quietly." She said looking up at me.

I cursed pulling out my phone. My dad answered on the first ring.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Ivory saw a Wengido." I said.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yes."

"How far away?" My dad asked.

"About 15 to 20 miles away." She said. My dad cursed and was silent for a second.

"Ok go out and track it. Don't get to close but find out where it's going. I will gather some wolves and follow after you. Take Ivory with you we will look for her. What will she be?" Ivory pauses for a second.

"I don't feel any raptors near by so ill have to go find something but if I see you first I'll do something to catch you your attention." Ivory said.

"Ok good. I will see you out there." He said and hung up.

<☆>

I listened as Zack left the house and shifted. Once I heard him start his shift I went out the front door. I pulled my braid over my shoulder and pulled out a black feather. There where two reasons why I always left the territory. One was that i had to get away from Zack. When I was close to him it was hard to consintrait around him when all I could think about was him. The second reason was that i could shift. I went out to practice and learned about what I was. It was still hard for me to do but if I had a piece of the animal with me it was easier. That's why I had the feathers. I had learned what I was, a skinwalker.

They weren't evil creatures like everyone said they where but there was one flaw. Once I learned about my powers to shift and started using it I got a craving for meat. So when ever I shifted I would go hunting. That was the only flaw I saw in my powers.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath holding the raven feather in my hand. Heat ran across my body and when I opened my eyes I was in the form of a raven. I took off flying through the trees. One advantage of the ravens smaller body was that it was easier to move through the woods.

I quickly found Zack and landed in front of him. His golden wolf eyes looked me over before I took off. I would fly a little ways the land on a branch and wait for him. This went on until I felt like we where close.

I landed on the ground and waited tell Zack came up to me. He looked me over and sat down. I took off again going out above the trees. It only took me a second to spot the wendigo. It was crouched under a tree and looked to be eating something. It looked like it would be there for a while. I took off back the way I came and looked for Charles.

It took me a while to spot them since they where headed the wrong way. It was even harder to catch they're attention. They didn't notice me until I literally landed on Charles back. He snarled and I moved of the way of his teeth. His eyes narrowed but I ignored him and flew off torwards Zack.

I saw Zack pacing where I had left him. He looked up probably hearing the ravens loud wings and his tail began to wag. I landed on his back and waited for Charles to catch up.

The six wolves came up and they all seemed to glare at me. They didnt trust me. Charles shifted looking around. Zack shook his body causing me to open my wings and glide to the ground. I didnt like being on the ground where the wolves could look down on me. I made a hissing noise and jumped into the air. I flew off and landed in a tree, I close my eyes and focused on my favorite form, the golden eagle.

Heat ran across my body as it changed again. This time I altered the body making the talons longer and my body bigger. I stood a good three feet tall and had about a 9 foot wingspan. Bigger than most golden eagle.

I took off heading back to the wolves tho this time they backed away from me when I landed. Charles was glaring at me as he walked forward.

"So how far away is it?" He asked. I looked at him and cocked my head to the side. He sighed looking at zack.

"Ok Ivory could you distract it long enough for us to catch up to you." I missed and Charles sighed.

"Ok head off."

"And be careful." Zack said. I looked at him for a second before I took off. I found the wendigo by its meal. I folded my wings back and attacked. My wings flaired open and my class sank its neck and shoulder. I bit at its face as it screamed. I could hear the wolves growling close by as I attacked. Something made the wendigo jerk below me. I let go if it and went to fly away when it's clawed hand hit my side. Jones cracked as I was sent to the ground in a heap of feathers.

There was a snarl behind me but I could do was lay on the ground in shock. All I could hear was the wolves growling behind me. After a while everything went quiet. A shadow cast over me and Zacks golden eyes met mine. Something moved behind me and a deep growl came from Zack.

"We aren't going to hurt her Zack." Charles said his voice low but Zacks growling continued.

"Take her home." Charles said. I saw Zacks feet change and he carefully lifted me into his arms. Zack carried me away from the other wolves before he talked to me.

"Can you leave this body?" He asked. I closed my eyes feeling light headed.

"Ivory do go to sleep." Zack said giving me a slight shake. I let my breath out and felt my body heat up. Zack stopped and set me down. My body changed and all I could do was lay there in the ground. I reached up and felt the five deep wounds on my side. My breath hissed out between my teeth as pain run up my side.

"Shit." Zack growled sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry." I said. He brushed my hair away from my face and have me a smile, but I could tell he was anything but calm with his wolf looking through his eyes.

"Don't scare me like this ever again." He said carefully lifting me into his arms.

"Ouch." I said.

"I'm sorry. Let me just get you home so I can clean you up." He said.

It took a while to get back and Zack tried to not move me to much. Once home he brought me to his room and set me on his bed.

"I'll bleed on your sheets." I said.

"Don't worry." He said going into his bathroom. He came back with a first aid kit and set it down on the bed next to me.

"This is probably going to hurt." He said.

"Just get it done with it." I said. He took a whip and started to clean the wounds. I closed my eyes and cleanched my teeth.

"Just about done." He said. He placed guaze over my wound and tapped it up. He carefully pulled the blackets off the bed and left the room. He came back a few minutes later with new sheets. He covered me and with a sigh sat down at the end of the bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You where hurt and I couldn't protect you. Shows how well I could take care of you."

"You take care of me just fine. The other wolves would have left me there." I said giving him a smile.

"You should get some sleep." He said standing up.

"Thank you." I said closing my eyes. It didn't take long to get to sleep, but every time I would move pain would wake me up. Every time I woke up Zack was there asking if I needed something. He stayed up all night watching over me.

Finally when I woke up in the morning he was asleep next to me. My side didn't hurt as bad as it did last night and it was nice just laying here. The heat off Zacks body and his scent surrounded me and it made me feel safe.

I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arm around his chest.

"Morning." He said his voice deep with sleep.

"Go back to sleep. " I said.

"How do you feel?" He asked looking me over.

"I'm fine now go back to sleep." I said.

"Wake me if you need anything." He said closing his eyes.

"I will." I said closing my eyes and went back to sleep.