Unique Animals

Levi

"Are you really going out?" Zack asked as I stood on the balcony of my old apartment. I was glad I kept it, I didn't want to stay in a hotel where someone could just walk in. I liked my little apartment it reminded me of when I was younger.

"Yes I would have you go but you can't fly and if the wolf smelt you it would run. I'll try to track it down and if anything happens I'll contact you. " I said while pulling out the golden feather from my hair. I took a deep breath and shifted.

"Be care." Zack said as I took to the sky. Once in the air I headed for the park that was listed in the file the cops gave us.

I spent most of the night circling the park and every once in a while I could feel Zack checking in on me. It was almost almost 3 in the morning when I saw something. Down below a wolf was dragging a body. I reached out for Zack and felt him connect with me.

"Wolf." I said. I felt him reach for his phone.

"It's leaving." I said folding my wings. I dove down at the wolf wolf but when I was about 20 feet from hitting it, it jumped out of the way with a snarl. I opened my wings catching myself before I hit the ground. The wolf lunged at me with a growl and I flew higher. The smell of something burning reached me and I looked around but found nothing. The snarl of the wolf brought my attention back to it. I took a deep breath and felt a new pain run through my body as it shifted. It hurt. It hurt more than the other times I shifted, but I landed on four silent paws.

I had shifted into a large mountain lion. I hissed at the wolf and it flashed yellow fangs. I scented the air and jumped back a few feet.

"Not wolf." I sent to Zack. Now that i looked at it, it didn't look like a werewolf. It smelled of burning grass and was covered in black fur. It's eyes had a few glow to them and it's for seemed to move like flames in the breeze.

"Ivory get away." Zack yelled but it was to late. The wolf jumped at me and bit into my shoulder. The smell of burning fur filled the air as i closed off my mind and sliced at the wolf with my claws. It yelped when my claws cut through skin and muscle. It snarled at me one last time before it ran off.

The sound of sirens brought me back. I took a deep breath and shifted. Clothes flowed over my body as I stood up strait.

Zack arrived before the police but they weren't far behind.

"Are you alright? " Zack asked coming up to me.

"I will be." I said rubbing my burning shoulder. With a growl Zack stepped in front of me. He blocked everyone's veiw and he pulled my shirt to the side. It looked like a wolf bite but it wasn't bleeding much like it should have. The ragged edges where burnt and awful looking.

"Not a wolf bite." I said.

"No I have never seen anything like this. Does it hurt?" He asked.

"Not much." I said pulling my shirt knack over the wound.

"Well what did you see?" Beca asked coming over to us.

"I don't know. It looked like a wolf but it didn't smell like a wolf."

"Share it with me." Zack said and I realized I hadn't opened up our link.

I opened up my mind and shared with him everything I saw and smelt. He reached up and rubbed his own shoulder, his eyes flashing wolf gold.

"What's wrong?" Kyle asked coming over.

"A wolf that burns." Zack said after he was able to push his wolf back. He shook his head and pulled out his phone.

"A wolf that burns?" Beca asked looking confused.

"That is what I saw. I saw it leave the body and I tried to stop it when it was leaving. But it wasn't a werewolf. It smelled of burning grass and didn't look like a normal werewolf.

"Charles doesn't know what it is either so I have to make another call." He said more to me then to the others.

"Ok." I said as he went back to his phone.

"Hey Lucas is Levi around?" Zack asked the person on the phone.

"Hey Levi I have a question I think you can help me out with."

"Fine fine we will wait." Zack said closing his phone with a sigh.

"Who is Levi?" I asked.

"She is monster like us. Watch out around her she is old and she knows alot but she is odd. Her and her mate are in they re way it shouldn't take them long to get here."

"From where?" Kyle asked.

"They live somewhere in Florida."

"That means it will be a few hours before they get here."

"No they should be here soon." Zack said as a gust of wind hit us.

"Sorry I took so long. " a girl said coming out from behind some trees. She was beautiful with long black hair and eyes the color of the ocean.

"Took so long? If we flew any faster my hair would have been blown away." A man said following after her.

"Lucas stop complaining." She said sending him a smile.

"Hey Levi how are you? " Zack asked.

"Great pup and if you don't mind me asking who is the skinwalker?" She asked looking me over.

"Skinwalker?" Kyle asked.

"I'm Ivory. Nice to meet you." I smiled. She nodded and looked between Zack and I.

"What's taking you so long Wolf? You already have the blood bond but why haven't you taken her yet?" My cheeks heated and I looked away.

"Levi that is no way to talk around people." The man she called Lucas said.

"Its true but we will take about it later, now skinwaker show me that wound that smells of evil in your shoulder." She said looking at me. She reminded me of a snake something that if she wanted to could easily take on everyone here with just a slight thought.

"Don't worry about her, she might seem cold but as long as you she isn't bored she won't cause trouble." Lucas smiked at me.

"Fine." I said pulled my shirt to the side.

"That should be quiet painful, how does it feel?" She asked looking at it.

"Fine right now." I said and her eyes narrowed at the wound. She lifted her hand to it and I notice shape talons tipping her fingures. She gently touched around the wound and my breath hissed out between my teeth. Zack behind me growled and Levi shot him a look.

"So not worry Wolf. Your little Skinwalker will be fine. Tell me did it look like a wolf but not?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Then you are not dealing with a wolf but a hell hound. The wound you have is a burn. Hell hounds like to mess around with humans in a very sick way and they are very hard to kill."

"Then how do we take care of it?" Beca asked. Levi looked at her like she just noticed her.

"Humans would not be able to kill it even with your guns, just make it mad."

"Then how?"

"Magic of course." She said like we where all stupid.

"Wolves can't use magic." Zack said.

"Haven't you told them that Skinwalkers can use magic?" She said looking at me.

"I can?" Levi sighed and put her hand in my good shoulder.

"Your coming with me, I'll do something to keep the bell bound away for a while and by the time I bring her back she should be ready to kill it." Levi said.

"Can't you do it?" Kyle asked.

"Then where is the fun in that?"