What Was to Come

The day has arrived

The day was going so slowly already, and it was only 6:30 A.M. My foster mom called up the stairs, Melody? Are you up? I had court at 10:00, later that morning. My foster mom wanted to take me to breakfast, and prepare me of what was to come. I grabbed my signature leather jacket, put on my shoes, and ran down the stairs to the front door. I had been in foster care for two years, in two homes and lived in fear of getting kicked out or moved back home with my biological parents. Driving to breakfast, was quiet and awkward. The long silence made my anxiety skyrocket. I had a feeling of what was to come, and it was a gut-wrenching feeling, one that I knew would come with a heartbreaking event. We got to breakfast, and ate at a restaurant called Al's Breakfast. I ordered an omelet with cheese, onions, and mushrooms. When we finally finished eating, my foster mother motioned for the waitress to come deliver the bill. We quickly paid, and got in the car, for we didn't want to be late for court. My anxiety was still really bad, and hoping to relieve some of the anxiousness, I plugged in my headphones and started listening to "Therapy" By: All Time Low. During the first lyrical spot in the whole song when Alex Gaskarth sang "My ship went down in a sea of sound, when I woke up alone I had everything", My heart skipped a couple beats, My eyes started to water, My throat started to hurt, and My body started to throb. I really felt understood through music, Especially through this song. I connected through All Time Low's song, Especially through the journey of this song. As soon as I noticed that we were about a block away from the court house, My heart started skipping a beat. I was going to court to see if I had to go back to my bio parents. I sat in an interview with CPS (Child Protective Services), they asked me a whole lot of questions. Most of them were along the lines of... Are you safe at your new home? Do you like your home your in now better than the home of your bio parents? Do they give you enough food to eat? My answers were all yeses. After those rounds of questions it turned into have you ever been abused? Have you ever had food withheld from you? My answers were yes, Sexual Abuse, Physical Abuse, Verbal and Emotional Abuse, And yes food has been withheld from me many times. Now it was time to go into the court room. As I walk in I notice that the only seat is between my bio mom and dad. I start to panic. But I know this will be all over soon.
Almost as soon as I sit down the clerk comes in with the decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the song that I talked about in this chapter.

My ship went down
In a sea of sound.
When I woke up alone I had everything:
A handful of moments I wished I could change
And a tongue like a nightmare that cut like a blade.

In a city of fools,
I was careful and cool,
But they tore me apart like a hurricane...
A handful of moments I wished I could change
But I was carried away.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can keep all your misery.

My lungs gave out
As I faced the crowd.
I think that keeping this up could be dangerous.
I'm flesh and bone,
I'm a rolling stone
And the experts say I'm delirious.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can take back your misery.

Arrogant boy,
Love yourself so no one has to.
They're better off without you.
(They're better off without you.)

Arrogant boy,
Cause a scene like you're supposed to.
They'll fall asleep without you.
You're lucky if your memory remains.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can take back your misery.

Therapy...
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can choke on your misery.