What Was to Come

An Alright Start

As I came back to reality, slowly waking up. I opened my eyes, and noticed my mother and father leaning over me, grabbing my arms. I nearly passed back out. Karen stood over the top of me assuring me that it would be okay. My parents pulled me up, and led me out the door. My father opened the car door for me and took my bags. I reluctantly got in the backseat of the car. Karen stood outside by the car, she waved goodbye to me with a worried look on her face. The car ride was slowly drudging on, it felt like ages of time went by slowly by the time we pulled up into the paved driveway. The house I used to be so familiar with was completely trashed. The grass was overgrown, there was garbage all over the yard, the windows were so very dusty and dirty, and everything looked dead. I felt so saddened that all of my childhood memories of this house were completely wiped out. "Charlotte, come on, come see your newly redesigned room!". When I heard my parents call for me, I immediately slowed down because I didn't want to be around them. I knew though that if I didn't listen to them I could get in trouble with the courts. So I did what I was told to do, and went upstairs towards my old room. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw my newly redesigned room. The room was everything I could've wanted. I didn't want to let them know though. The room's walls were a deep red, with sponged in black paint. The wall's had the lyrics of quite a few of my favorite bands, mostly from; Black Veil Brides, Sleeping with sirens, Bring me the horizon, All time low, and Of mice and men. My bed frame was black with splatter painted red, purple, and blue. The curtains were cut jaggedly and were a deep purple. My dresser was black with white words of encouragement and affirmations. Last but not least the hard wood floor was black, purple, red, and blue. I was in heaven, just staring at this room, my room. I had never really grown out of my emo "phase", so this was everything I could have asked for. I still didn't want to acknowledge the fact that they were the ones to set up this amazing room, but I figured it would be best to show them how grateful I was for this room. I think I surprised them because I ran up to both of them and gave them a big hug. After they had cleared out of my beautiful room, I grabbed my phone and took many pictures of my room and I. I posted them on Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook. In a matter of seconds my phone gave of a notification ping. I looked at my phone, and Ashley had liked my post, and texted me. Her text said, "Charlotte, where are you? I need to talk. I have something to tell you...". I wasn't sure if it was okay for Ashley to come over, so I sprinted to the kitchen. "Mom? Dad? I was wondering if my friend Ashley could come over?" In less than ten seconds they chirped out a high-pitched "Yes". I was kinda shocked by their answer because I thought they might want to be with just me the whole weekend. But I guess not. I called Ashley, gave her my address and told her to be here as soon as she could. I was very concerned about what it was she had to tell me. She had never sounded like that. It sounded as if she had been crying. But I guess I would have to wait to find out.