Status: Ongoing story

Unseelie Love

Chapter 10

● POINT OF VIEW • Jace

Agreeing with Dinlas seemed to please her since her face lit up with a huge smile before she said
“Wonderful, you are not the first person that we have had to prove it to. We pretty much have this down to a science. If you would please let me get you into this wheelchair I can take you around the entire settlement. You can meet and speak with anyone and everyone your heart desires. Then, when you’ve had enough I will bring you back here so that you can keep your word to me.”

Then she quickly pulled a wheel chair out from a closet and wheeled it over towards the bed. I was surprised by how easily I seemed to be able to get myself into a sitting position. I had some dull aching but not the severe pain I’d had the last time I’d been awake.

I shifted myself towards the side of the bed and Dinlas grabbed hold of my legs and swung them off the side. The abrupt movement caused a stabbing pain to shoot from my abdomen and down my left leg. I couldn’t stop myself from moaning in pain. Dinlas stopped immediately and looked questionably at me before saying in a low soft tone of voice

“Are you sure you don’t want to lower your skin veneer long enough for me to give you some pain medication?”

I considered it but decided against lowering the skin veneer and getting pain meds. My decision was three fold. First I wanted my mind to be clear and sharp while I took a tour of the facilities. Seconds, the pain had lessened to a dull ache and third and most importantly I had absolutely no fragging idea of how to make the skin veneer go away. With my decision made, I replied to her through mildly gritted teeth

“I’m fine; it was just a shock to suddenly move. If you could be a bit gentler as you lower me to the wheelchair I would appreciate it.”

Dinlas raised her eyebrows at me but said nothing as she gripped me around my upper half and quickly but gently set me in the wheelchair. It was at that moment I realized I had not one shred of clothing on my body. While I was covered in skin veneer from head to toe it still left nothing to the imagination. All my manly goods were dangling in the air. I had been just about to open my mouth and request some type of clothing when Dinlas pulled a soft pink see through silk coverlet from the closet and covered my legs with it.

As my people traditionally had little shame and even less modesty I wasn’t surprised that she felt no need to give me something that would keep my privates private. However I’d learned the hard way to keep myself covered if I didn’t want to openly suggest that I was interested in having sexual relations. With that in mind I quickly doubled up the coverlet so it was not completely see through. Dinlas noticed my odd behavior and said worriedly

“Are you cold? The temperature in here should be optimal for all life forms. If you are cold it could indicate you have some type of infection that I missed.”

I watched her rush over to the table beside the bed and begin sorting through equipment. I imagined that she was looking for something specific to test me with. Not wanting to give her the full truth but knowing that I needed to stop her before she got carried away I said in a somewhat sarcastic voice
“I am not cold. I just didn’t want to attract too much attention. I am wedding my Jinn tonight. In my condition I don’t need to have too many sexual admirers. It been a while and I could get carried away. That could lead me to wear myself out or possible re-injure myself.”

My words clearly surprised Dinlas since she dropped her head into her hand and faked a cough. Then she said in a voice I would have described as having a naughty quality to it

“Oh, I totally understand. Having sex with a Jinn is very demanding, much more so than Unseelie court sex. She will not only rock your world she might even shake the entire building. You are right to make sure you don’t draw the attention of any other possible suitors. You’re going to need everything you have to keep that Jinn of yours satisfied.”

Then without allowing me to say anything in return she got behind my chair and started wheeling me out of the room. I was glad she didn’t expect a response from me. Her words in truth scared me just a tad. I’d never been sexually active with a Seelie court member, hell I had no idea if I was capable of pleasing my Jinn. I hadn’t thought it would be different before the medic said so. Now however I was nervous.

Unseelie court are matriarchal families since it is rare that a female Unseelie ever commits to a singular male sex partner. In fact most Unseelie participate in sexual acts with both males and females sometimes both at the same time. In general Unseelie have no modesty and immensely enjoy voyeurism and multiple sex partners. Because of that I had no idea who my father even was.

At the time of my conception my mother kept multiple lovers and none of them claimed me after her death. It is also common for Unseelie to live in a group environment to share sexual partners.
That got me thinking about how my relationship with the Jinn would work. Would my Jinn expect me to have multiple partners? Would she want multiple partners? I was once told that Seelie court members tend to choose a singular sexual partner and remain with them for longer periods of time, sometimes even for life.

I’ve also heard the Seelie court members can become possessive of their sexual partner so much so that I’ve heard about male Brownies and Jinn’s that have fought and killed other males simply for having sex with their chosen female. Would my Jinn feel that way about me? I found myself enjoying the idea that my Jinn and I could be monogamous with each other. I certainly knew that I didn’t like the idea of her being with anyone but me.

Then again, I really had no idea how it would work with my Jinn. Unseelie court and Seelie court members to my knowledge didn’t have sex with each other. I had no history or folklore to guide me. I’d never heard of anyone ever successfully marrying a Seelie court member. I had no idea if it would even work the same way as Unseelie sex. I’d never seen a female Jinn’s sexual organs in their human form. Did they have sex as a human or a beast? I know I’d seen a female Sidhe and her parts were more or less the same as a female Slaugh. What if she preferred to have sex as a Jinn? I know the size of her as a Jinn and no way would we be able to do that. I would never be able to give her what she needed. Maybe that’s why Dinlas said she would shake the entire building down.

I was forced out of my thoughts as Dinlas pulled me into a small but warmly decorated office and cleared her throat. I immediately started chastising myself when I realized she must have wheeled me down a hallway or something and I hadn’t noticed a single thing. I’d been so wrapped up in my thoughts I missed everything. Now I was in a room sitting opposite of a very small male with light brown hair and bright blue eyes. He was wearing a dark blue satin pull over shirt and I believe some type of black leggings.

I was a little surprised that Troll’s were also in the camp. I added that new piece of information to my future consideration. It was enough to make me wonder if this really could be an evacuee settlement. The truth was, I had assumed Dinlas was going to introduce me to more Unseelie court and perhaps a Jinn or two since that’s what Hestia is. I had never really thought multiple Seelie court members and Unseelie court could reside in the same location.

Even before the war most species of Seelie court members didn’t cohabitate with each other. Jinn lived in the fog of the mountains with Slaugh. Troll’s lived in plains and mountains with the Brownie’s, Sidhe lived in the forests and jungles with the Kelpies and Goblins lived on and near active volcano’s most often found on islands with the Pixie’s. Not wanting to get trapped in my own thoughts again I quickly pushed it out of my mind and forced myself to focus on my surroundings.

I took two slow revolutions around the room. I took in everything from the hand drawn depictions on the walls to the missing fibers in the carpet. Several things were abundantly clear. First this was a very old room I deduced this from the paintings on wall. They were clearly done hundreds of years ago based on the materials they used. Second the room was used most often by a Troll Viscount.

I determined this for two reasons. One the furniture was thick and made of sturdy wood not thatches and two there was a large variety of color splashed all over the room. Which brings me to my third conclusion, the room was intended for subtle interrogation. I came to this realization based on the fact that it was made to look warm and comfortable but had too many large overstuffed seating apparitions spread throughout the space.

Finally I surmised that the now very large very angry looking male Troll now mere inches from my face was beyond a doubt the medic’s heart’s desire. This became abundantly clear when he swiftly flew over the table, enlarged into his giant form and wedged himself between myself and medic Dinlas.