That One Night

Strangers, Specimen, and 'Picking Up Where We Left

“Hey, Jon, guess what tonight is!”

“Your date with Ryan. I know. You’ve been talking about it nonstop all week,” Jon says.

“Yeah, I know, but I’m so excited! You know, I haven’t been on an actual date since high school. This is a big deal for me! Ever since college started it’s just been hookups and wham-bam-thank-you-ma’ams and never an actual date.”

“So what are you guys doing tonight?”

“Wild animal sex,” Brendon answers, then laughs. “Just kidding, just kidding. Although it might lead to that. But no, um, we’re going to the movies. Typical first date kind of thing, you know? And then…I don’t know what after that. Might go get something to eat, I have no idea.”

“Oh, that’s cool. What movie?”

“The Strangers.”

“Um, Brendon? Aren’t you already paranoid about people breaking into your house and murdering you? Are you sure that’s the best movie for you to see?” Jon asks.

“I don’t know, Ryan picked it,” he shrugs. “Besides, if I get scared, I can just…hold his hand.”

***

“Oh my god, I hate you so much for making me see this movie. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,” Brendon whispers, curled up in his chair in the movie theater, one hand covering his eyes, the other hand crushing Ryan’s with how tightly he’s holding onto it. Ryan laughs, looking at him at how pathetic he looks.

“It’s not even that scary!” he says.

“Are you fucking kidding me?!” Brendon whisper-yells, looking back up at the screen, just as another masked figure pops out of nowhere and he jumps and screams along with half of the other people in the movie theater, and Ryan is /laughing/ at him.

“You should have told me that you’d be scared. We could have gone to see something different. Like…the Sex and the City movie.”

“Shut up. I hate you. This is the scariest movie I’ve ever seen. I’m never going to be able to sleep alone ever again.”

“You can sleep with me,” Ryan says, and it’s in the softest mumble, but Brendon hears it and he can’t help but to grin.

***

“So, you were really scared by that movie?” Ryan laughs, and they’re in Ryan’s car and Ryan is driving Brendon back home after their dates, and Brendon nods.

“Dude, yeah, it really scared the shit out of me.”

“Oh, well, I was just making sure because, you know, it could have just been an act so you’d have an excuse to hold my hand,” he smiles, and Brendon rolls his eyes playfully.

“I wish it was just an act, honestly. Oh my god, I’m so scared to walk up to my apartment alone,” Brendon says, once Ryan is parked in front of his apartment building.

“No ones going to jump out in a mask and kill you, Brendon, I promise,” Ryan says.

“You don’t know that! Oh my god, it’s dark and I don’t even think Jon is home, oh my god, Ryan, I’m so scared, you have to walk up with me or I’ll die of a heart attack before I even get there, if I’m not murdered on the way there, that is.”

“Fine,” Ryan laughs, turning the car off and unbuckling his seat belt. “Again, I think you might not really be scared and this might just be an act to get me in your apartment.”

“And I’m starting to think that that’s what you’re hoping for,” Brendon comments, and Ryan just smiles as the two of them begin to walk towards Brendon’s apartment.

He actually isn’t really that scared (anymore) and it kind of is just an act to get Ryan into his apartment, but it’s working and even if Ryan isn’t falling for it, he’s still coming with him.

Jon isn’t home (due to Brendon’s request that he actually go out for the night, as opposed to previous requests for him to stay home) and Brendon tosses his keys onto the kitchen counter and smiles at Ryan.

“So, this is my apartment,” he says, and Ryan nods.

“Yeah, I figured.”

“Wanna see my room?” he asks.

“Well, I think that’s only fair since you’ve seen my room, you know, without even having my permission and all,” Ryan smiles, and Brendon lets out a small, nervous-sounding giggle at the mention of his nosy creepiness.

“Anyways, it’s this way,” Brendon says, leading Ryan towards his room and opening the door. “And I obviously forgot to clean today,” he adds, inconspicuously trying to kick a pair of dirty boxers under his bed.

“Very nice. So…this is your bed?” Ryan asks casually.

“Yeah. That’s my bed,” Brendon nods.

“It’s a…nice bed.”

“Yeah. It is. Pretty comfortable, too.”

“Is it bouncy? Does it have springs? Because I don’t think that would be best for you.”

“Was that really necessary?” Brendon asks, and Ryan laughs, nodding.

“Yes, actually, it was.”

“So. Um….” Brendon says, looking around a little bit.

“Do you want to pick up where we left off that one night before you puked on me?” Ryan asks, and Brendon looks at him, almost relieved.

“Yes!” he practically yells, and then Ryan’s hands are on him, and his hands are on Ryan and they’re kissing and it’s wonderful. But then Ryan pulls away and looks Brendon straight in the eyes.

“How’s your stomach feeling now? Do you feel nauseous at all? Have you been drinking?”

“No -- oh my god. Did you just quote Mean Girls?”

“Yeah,” Ryan grins.

“Oh my god, you are…the perfect specimen of…human…man…thing,” Brendon gushes, so obviously infatuated.

“Human-man-thing. Grool.”

“Do me now,” Brendon demands, and Ryan laughs.

“You’re not gonna puke on me?”

“No! Oh my god, you’re never going to let me live that down, are you?” Brendon asks, as they move closer and closer towards the bed.

“Never,” Ryan smiles before leaning in and kissing Brendon again.

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo! Thanks for all of the comments that were left during the (very short) course of this. This is actually the fastest I've ever finished a story, and it was really only because I had to finish it fast, otherwise it would have been a lot more...strung out? Lol.

Anyways, thanks babiessssss.