Status: Contest Entry

Notes

002

Lunch came around quicker then Teddy had expected, as usual he sat by himself near the outskirts of the school, he had forgotten his lunch again so he sat silently playing on his phone flicking though his contacts and seeing that he only had two. Two that he never used. One being his mother who didn’t know how to text and the other being his uncle that he hadn’t spoken to for months. Sighing he clicked out of the screen and brought up his apps. He opened up Colour Switch and began to play passing his time in silence apart from the odd noises he made every now and again.

Teddy knew he was a loner, an outcast and a weirdo at his school he was constantly reminded every lunchtime when people walked passed him. Some looking at him briefly and kindly saying hi, others looking then turning their heads away and gossiping to their friends about him and his weirdness while others were more vocal and happy to shout out harsh words. Not like it wasn’t enough when he got them from his father he had to endure it at school as well.

The bell rang loudly and Teddy collected himself getting to his feet and shouldered his bag heading toward his next class, however his path was cut off when Nelson Judd and his friends stood in front of him, their arms folded across their chest and smirks spread across their faces.

What do they want now? Teddy thought to himself as he adjusted his bag, Nelson had a vendetta against Teddy and he had no idea why, was it because he was a weak target, unable to fight back? That was what the male had put it down to. Teddy wished he was able to fight back, wished he had the courage to throw a punch, to protect himself but he didn’t have it in him. All his strength and fight had been beaten out of him.

“Hey Theodore,” Nelson sneered as he looked at the male. Nelson was dressed perfectly, his clothes fit him and his shoes were new shiny. Teddy shuddered at the use of his full name but nodded his head in acknowledgement of the males in front of him. Nelson didn’t like that. “Hey why don’t you talk when you’re spoken too?” Teddy looked at the male but still said nothing even though words were rushing through his mind, words that would make a sailor proud.

“Coz he’s a freak Nelson,” Tyrone laughed as he shoved Teddy roughly causing the male to stumble forward his phone dropping out of his hand and falling onto the asphalt. A crack caused Teddy to internally freak out, he hoped it wasn’t scratched. However that thought vanished when Nelson stepped forward onto it.

“Aw shit mate! Sorry,” he wasn’t sorry at all he knew what he was doing and he had done it on purpose. Teddy glared at the male causing Nelson to laugh. “Shit if looks could kill… it’s alright just get another one. Surely you have money.”

“What the fuck are you doing?” Nelson and his gang spun around quickly at the sound of Tansy’s voice.

“Hey babe.”

“Don’t fucking ‘hey babe’ me Nelson. I am not your babe… no wonder you don’t have a girlfriend.”

“God I love it when she gets feisty.” Nelson swooned causing his mates to snicker.

Teddy quickly bent down and grabbed his now broken phone. It was a present from his mum for his seventeenth birthday and now it is just a pile of broken junk. He wanted to punch Nelson in the back of the head and watch him fall but instead he knelt quietly picking up several of the pieces when he heard the distinct sound of a hand coming in hard contact with skin. A noise he was accustomed to. His head snapped up and he saw that Tansy had slapped Nelson across the face.

“Why don’t you stop being such a sleazy fuck and piss off. Try to grab my arse one more time and I will snap each finger off individually!” with that Nelson walked off rubbing his face while his mates tried to boost up his confidence again.

Teddy tried to hurry his collection of his pieces to get out of there without breaking down in tears.

“Hey.”

He lifted his eyes and saw that Tansy was now down on the ground with him grabbing the battery out of his phone. “Sorry about what happened, Nelson Judd is the biggest fuckwit in this school. Is your phone okay?” Teddy showed her the pieces he had already collected and she frowned deeply. “Hey I can bring a phone to school for you I have a spare that I don’t use anymore. It’s in good condition if you want it?”

Teddy smiled and nodded his head slowly.

“Okay I will bring it tomorrow and give it to you. I can take your sim if you want and get it all sorted.” Teddy thought it over before hesitantly handing over the small chip. “I promise I won’t go through anything I will just get it all charged up and ready for you. It’s not exactly the same as the one you had but it’s not pink so that’s something right?”

Teddy smiled and nodded his head again. There was a few beats of silence between the two of them before Tansy broke it. “Teddy can I ask you something?”

The male nodded his head but was a little worried where she may go with the conversation.

“Do you speak at all? Or are you full mute?” Teddy began rifling through his bag after the question. “Ah shit I’m sorry it’s a silly question… I can just go,” she started getting to her feet but Teddy quickly grabbed her arm shaking his head. He pulled out a pad and pen and began to write. “What are-”

A little it was messy so he hoped she could read it as he turned it around for her to see.

“How much is a little?” she asked moving closer her light eyes looking up into his.

I have to know a person really well and feel comfortable around them.

“But you’re fine with writing, like this, is there anything else you can do contact wise?”

IM, text, facebook ect

“Oh so it’s really just verbal communication that you struggle with.”

The brown haired male nodded his head.

“So what lesson do you have now?”

Math

Tansy nodded her head looking down at the sim card in her hand quickly before speaking again. “Well I have P.E so I will see you tomorrow with the phone,” she smiled as she reached out her hand. Hesitantly Teddy grabbed it and she helped him to his feet. “Well you have a good rest of the day yeah?” once again Teddy nodded smiling. Tansy giggled. “See you later Teddy.” with that the blonde turned and walked off heading toward the oval whereas Teddy turned and walked toward his math class unable to wipe the smile off his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so it has been a while since I have updated this but it is here now and I am really proud of it.
I would like to thank everyone who has read, subscribed and recommended it means a lot to me.

Till next time
Cheers Esther :)