Miss Lonely

Meeting Miss Lonely

The door was opened slowly. He looked down, where he would see a pair of small, feminine feet. His eyes moved stagnantly upwards. She wasn’t wearing any trousers, but a t-shirt covering the major part of her thighs. The t-shirt was obviously too big for her. His look extended to the very face of the apartment-girl. Her face met his eyes again. That wasn’t Magnolia’s face though. That was the face of Miss Lonely, from the basement café. Auden was stunned speechlessly at that moment. He stared at her timidly.

— “Who are you?” Auden asked, with the most bewildered look on his face.
— “I’m Magnolia.” She replied, inquiringly.
—“Magnolia?” Auden became dizzy, and felt as if he was about to faint.
— “Yes, that’s my name. Hey, I remember you. We smoked weed in my apartment a few nights ago. Are you okay? You don’t look okay.” She responded, looking worried. Auden didn’t know what to do with himself. She continued:
— “You showed up at Miss Lonely the night after. My brother Mike and I played a few songs.”
— “… Wow.” Auden replied in a low voice, after a silent break. Not one of the awkward ones.
— “Come in, you look cold.” She said, making way for him to enter the apartment once again. Auden didn’t know how to react. Magnolia was Miss Lonely.

Auden entered. The smell was different than he remembered.