To Whom It May Concern

Entry 3

To whom it may concern,

I thought packing was bad, but it seems unpacking is considerably worse. Spending the last three days going through numerous boxes and bins just to find out what’s mine was mind numbing. We’re not the smartest family around and we didn’t label anything. My parents said it would be fine, but they lied. It was not fine. It was annoying as hell. And completely unnecessary.

Brock and I were getting cabin fever, so today we both decided to set our differences aside and go for a walk around our new neighborhood. I do have to admit that I’m happy Brock is getting older. It’s nice having someone around the house to talk to that isn’t totally crazy. Half our conversations usually end up in a fight, but at least it’s something.

Brock may only be twelve years old, but the kid started going through puberty as soon as he turned ten. In my eyes anyway, he turned into this mini man. His voice dropped significantly within the past year. His legs are the hairiest legs I have ever seen in my entire life. Let’s not forget about the growth spurt that had my head spinning. I’m five foot four, and the kid is now taller than I am. Paired with his light brown hair and dimples… well let’s just say he looks older than what he is. And that is horrifying.

So it wasn’t a surprise to me as we were walking around the neighborhood that girls were eyeing him. Granted they were all probably in middle school… but it’s still so weird to see. I even caught him smiling at some of them. It makes me want to vomit watching him flirt. You are twelve. You are not allowed to do that.

The neighborhood is a pretty standard suburban area. A lot of family homes with big backyards, and a park in the middle of it all. The houses are definitely not small by any means. And one thing I noticed was it seemed very busy. A lot of teenagers and college kids driving by. It was nice to see that we weren’t alone in this neighborhood. Seems like there is plenty to do around here.

Walking back home, Brock and I turned the corner of our street. In the distance I saw a shirtless Brand washing his car. Shirtless Brand. Washing. His. Car.

“Try not to fall again,” Brock snickered.

I broke my gaze from Brandon and glared at Brock. “You have no idea what you’re talking about. I fell because I was concerned about how our house is infested with squirrels.”

“You’re so weird. I swear to god you are turning into Mom,” he said. That caused me to reel my arm back and smack his head. “Ow!” Brock raised his hand to rub the area I hit. “What was that for!” he exclaimed. I ignored him as we were then almost in front of Brandon’s house.

Brandon stopped spraying his car when he saw us. “Hey guys,” he greeted. Brock supplied a short wave, still keeping his other hand on the back of his head. He then continued walking to our house, leaving me standing in front of Brandon. “He ok?” he asked.

I waved my hand in dismissal. “Oh, he’s fine. Just a moody, almost teenage boy. You should know all about that.”

Brand laughed at my comment. Yessss. “Ah, I do remember those days. Not very fun.” He then moved from the street to the sidewalk, standing directly in front of me. It took everything in me not to look at his sculpted, lean body. Someone was definitely testing me. “So how do you like the neighborhood, Tallulah Wren,” he grinned.

The sides of my lips quirked up a bit. “It’s nice… And you don’t have to call me by my whole name. Tallulah is fine.”

He shook his head, the smile never leaving his face. “Naaaaah. Tallulah Wren is too unique not to say.”

Oh my.

Brand then decided to switch subjects. “You’re going to my old stomping ground, huh?” He must have noticed the confused look on my face. “My old high school,” he supplied.

I cleared my throat. “Oh, yeah. Can’t wait for that,” I said sarcastically. “Not knowing anyone and starting a new school for my junior year is going to be great.”

That made him chuckle. “I bet. Hey, I wish I could introduce you to my younger brother. He’s never home, always out with his friends. Same age as you, though. Maybe one day this weekend you two could meet before school starts. That way you’re not totally alone,” he offered.

This guy was just too nice. And perfect. Why couldn’t he still be in high school?

“That sounds nice,” I told him.

Then a familiar voice yelled, “Hey, Lulu! Hey, Brandon!” I turned my head left to see my dad at the mailbox going through our mail.

“How’s it going, Mr. Grayson?” Brand yelled back.

“Good, good,” my dad waved with the mail in his hand and started his way back up the driveway. “Dinner is ready by the way,” he yelled once more out of sight.

I then turned back to Brandon, who was smiling down at me. “I better get going,” I told him.

He then pressed the hose very lightly, spraying misty water at me. “I’ll see you around, Tallulah Wren.”

I giggled at him and headed back home.

Things I have learned so far:
-My parents live for embarrassing me (I knew that already, but whatever).
-I’ve turned into the cliché of a new girl crushing on her attractive neighbor.
-Attractive neighbor likes to smile and laugh at me.

I have to admit… This whole writing thing isn’t half bad.

Signed,
Tallulah Wren
♠ ♠ ♠
The inspiration for Brock is actually my youngest brother, who is growing up too fast. What I described as Brock going through puberty is actually Shane. It just doesn't make sense how grown up he is! Don't mind me, I'm just having older sister issues.

I would also like to say that some of the situations I'm going to put Tallulah through are real life situations that have happened to me. I'm laughing just thinking about how ridiculous it is going to be. Ahhh my life is too funny sometimes.

Enjoy!