Status: Complete ♥

Rescue Me

1/1

Stepping through the Stargate, Emma raised her P-90 and scanned the surrounding area for signs of danger. The meadow before her was on a gentle slope and had a nearly invisible dirt track running down the middle, leading to a vast expanse of trees.

Snow capped mountains dominated the horizon, towering above the trees like kings watching over their domain and strange looking birds flew through the clear blue sky around her. Returning to where SG-6 were gathered, Emma listened to Colonel Davison's orders and followed him towards the tree line.

If she hadn't of injured herself on their last mission, Emma would have been backing up her team on Chulak... instead, she was placed on light duty and loaned to SG-6 for a routine recon mission.

"Keep your eyes open," Davison ordered, his voice authoritative and gruff.

Emma readjusted her P-90 and looked around as they made their way deeper into the dark forest, keeping her finger on the trigger. The sound of staff weapon blasts and panicked shouts soon caught their attention, drawing them deeper among the trees.

It wasn't long until they came across a village, or at least what used to be a village and were met by carnage. Men, women, and children lay dead on the floor, staff blast wounds visible on their bodies. Emma knelt down beside a young blonde haired boy and gently placed her fingers on his neck to check for a pulse, but he was gone.

"They're all..." Emma started, hearing the sound of a zat gun and feeling a surge of pain sweep through her body as darkness consumed her.

Waking up, Emma blinked a few times to focus her vision and grimaced as she struggled to sit up. She had nearly done it, when a hand grabbed her arm and helped her the rest of the way.

"Are you okay?" Private Levitt asked as he crouched in front of her.

"Yeah," Emma replied, although her head was thumping, "What happened?"

"A Jaffa patrol took us by surprise," Levitt explained, sitting down beside her, "They put us in here and took Harrison with them."

It was half an hour before Harrison was brought back to their cell, barely conscious and bleeding from a wound on his leg. Watching as the Jaffa guard threw him to the ground, Emma rushed to Harrison's side and with Levitt's help managed to make him a little more comfortable.

"You two will come with us," one of the guards said, pointing at Emma and Davison.

Knowing that refusing to go would get them all killed, Emma and Davison followed without a fight. After being led down several corridors, they were pushed into a room and forced to their knees in front of a throne like chair. Glancing up, Emma stared at the man sitting before them and tensed... it was Apophis.

Apophis was an extremely powerful Goa'uld System Lord, sadistic, egotistical and one of the biggest threats to Earth among the stars. As a race the Goa'uld were sentient parasitic beings that took humans as hosts, they believed they were true Gods and used fear as their weapon to rule without argument.

"We won't tell you anything," Davison added, earning a smirk from Apophis.

"You will tell me what I want to know or you will die," Apophis threatened, his eyes glowing yellow, "Now, tell me the address of the new Tok'ra home world."

Silence filled the room around them and after a few minutes, Apophis rose to his feet. Moving closer to them, he motioned for one of his guards to hand over a long pole and without warning, he pushed it against Davison's side.

Davison cried out in pain as some sort of energy surged through his body, visible to Emma through the Colonel's eyes and mouth. Apophis alternated between them, allowing the energy to flow for a few seconds longer each time and continued until Davison cracked.

"I don't have the information you want, but... she does," Davison shouted as Apophis went to jab him again.

"Take him back to the cell," Apophis demanded, "I want some time with this one."

Emma watched as Davison was dragged away and returned her attention to Apophis, who was walking towards her. Grabbing her by the hair, he yanked her head back so that she was looking at him and held his right hand up in front of her.

Wrapped around his fingers, hand, and forearm was some sort of device made up of gold colored metal ribbons. As Emma watched, a red gem that was nestled in the devices palm began to glow and old memories began to resurface in Emma's mind.

It felt like hours before Apophis disconnected the device, his eyes flashing in anger as he pushed Emma to the ground hard and returned to his seat.

"I won't tell you anything," Emma growled, pushing herself up onto her knees and glaring at the man before her.

"You're strong, but your mind can only take so much," Apophis stated, standing up again and smirking as he took the shock stick in his hand, "In the end, you'll tell me what I want to know."

Apophis circled Emma and pushed the shock stick against her back, causing her to writhe in pain on the floor. Gritting her teeth, Emma straightened up and fought to keep herself conscious. It wasn't long before Emma's entire body became numb to both the shock stick and the physical blows she was being dealt, but that didn't stop Apophis from torturing her.

"My lord..." A guard said as he entered the room, "A ship has been detected on our scanners approaching the planet."

"Take the prisoner back to the cell," Apophis ordered as he left the room.

Emma was barely conscious as the guards dragged her back to the cell, throwing her inside and locking the gate. The darkness threatened to consume her completely and Emma tried to push through it, but in the end, it won.

X-x-X

Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell watched as Earth's flagship, Odyssey, approached the enemy planet and turned as the rest of SG-1 joined him on the bridge.

"We're nearly in range," Colonel Emerson informed them.

Once the Odyssey was in range, SG-1 was beamed down onto the planet and they made their way through the woods towards the Goa'uld mothership. The ship was huge, pyramidal in shape and guarded by a dozen Jaffa with staff weapons.

"A dozen guards out here, which means that there is at least two dozen Jaffa inside," Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter whispered, "The Tok'ra's operative inside told us that Emma, Davison, Levitt, and Harrison are being held in a cell that is located near the engine room."

"Okay, Sam take Teal'c and deal with the guards," Cameron instructed, "Daniel and I will take the ship... It shouldn't take us long to secure our people."

It didn't take long for Sam and Teal'c to get into position, taking out the guards without any issues. Cameron entered the ship first, keeping his eyes and ears open for trouble. Hearing the sound of people approaching, Cameron pulled Daniel to cover and watched as six Jaffa rushed past them. The ship's corridors were like a maze, but finally, they found the room and took out the two guards using their zats.

"About time you guys showed up," Davison snapped as Cameron used a staff weapon to blast the lock.

"What happened?" Daniel inquired as Cameron crouched down beside Emma.

"Apophis tortured her for information on the Tok'ra," Davison replied, earning a glare from Levitt that neither Daniel nor Cameron missed.

"How's she doing?" Cameron asked Levitt.

"She's in really bad shape... If we don't get her out of here now, she's not going to make it."

The sound of running footsteps caught Cameron's attention and he aimed his weapon towards the door, relaxing when Sam emerged followed closely by Teal'c.

"Good timing," Cameron stated, "Odyssey, this is Mitchell... We are ready to be beamed out."

Within seconds they were all on the Odyssey and heading back to Earth, but the victory was bittersweet. Following as Emma and Harrison were taken to the infirmary, SG-1 waited anxiously for news on Emma's condition.

"How's Emma doing?" Sam inquired as the ships medic joined them.

"Private Gallows is lucky to be alive," the medic replied, "Her injuries are ample, including numerous cuts and a couple of broken ribs. If you didn't find her and get her back when you did... she would have died from shock."

"She's going to be okay though?" Cameron added.

"It's touch and go, but I am confident that she will make a full recovery."

"Can we see her?" Daniel asked.

"She's not conscious at the moment, but you can go in for a few minutes."

Cameron hesitated momentarily, before following the team into the infirmary and standing at the end of Emma's bed. Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c left after a few minutes, leaving Cameron alone with Emma. Pulling up a chair to the bed, Cameron sat down and wrapped his hands around hers.

The beep of the machine was a comfort... Proof that Emma was alive and going to be fine. The hardest thing about loving someone is that you can't always be there to protect them, especially when your job entailed space exploration and sadistic Gods with snakes in their heads.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)