Unknown Caller

The man called

How did he know? How did he know that my wife Ana would fall off the stairs? How did he know that a car in front of my yard would crash with the jewelry store? Did he predict the future or controlled what can happen? All these thoughts ran through my mind and i was still standing with my cellphone on my ear even though that call had ended a couple of minutes ago. Ana was a little bit hurt because of the falling from the second floor of our house but it was nothing serious. She looked at me. Her eyes widened. I saw the reflection of the sunlight in those dark eyes of her and i was to confused to guess what she was thinking. She touched my shoulder and said to me:

"Ray, you look like a ghost. Is there something wrong honey?"

" Did you get hurt Ana?"

" Hahaa, no, don't worry about that, it was nothing"

" Ok darling, I'm glad"

I kissed her and went out to a bar close to my house. I told her that i would meet some of my friends but i couldn't do that. I was there. All alone, not believing what just had happened. My phone rang once again. I read private number again. I couldn't let it ring so i answered. The same voice. The same man.

"Ray, the barman will get a heart attack now so you may want to call an ambulance."

He ended the call. Shock filled me again. My whole body was trembling. I was hoping this didn't happen. That nothing of this was true. A loud girly voice filled the whole bar. Everybody was looking at her screaming and next to her there he was laying down. A heart attack was probably killing him. The phone rang once again. I picked up.

"Ray, why didn't you call an ambulance? Do you like dead people?"

" Who are you? Why are you doing this to me? What do you want"

" Well, Ray, who am i is not important. But you should know that if you don't kill someone for me, bad things will happen to you"

" You son of a bitch. Tell me what's going on"

"Relax Ray, i will call you soon" I walked out of the bar. I was hearing the sirens of the ambulance. Walking like a blind man, not knowing where i was going, i ended up in a park that was not very far from the park. I was still hearing his voice" Bad things will happen to you"

What if he could do that? What if i didn't kill someone everything else would turn to shit? I heard my ringtone one again. I picked up. I didn't hear what he had to say, i just told him:

" Fuck you. Don't you ever call me motherfucker"

Half an hour had passed and i was sitting on a chair at that park. Lost in all my thoughts. I didn't want to hear my phone ring again but it happened. I looked at the phone but it was my friend Mike.

" Hello Mike" i said

"Please come to the hospital. A terrible accident has happened. He wants to see you" Mike's wife said

The whole world was trembling. I felt like a mouse on a cage. I couldn't move at all. I was in a fog. I was in that condition for half a minute and then i realized the phone was ringing.

" How could you do that you piece of shit?"

"How many times should i tell you to relax Ray? Now don't talk just listen to me. If you don't kill her, your wife will be next."

" I will cut your throat if you do anything to her you son of a bitch"

" Nothing bad will happen to her unless you take the gun under that chair you are sitting and when you see the girl that i will send you a photo right now, you will kill her. Otherwise your wife will be dead in 20 minutes. Just wait there and do what i said"

"Hello? Hello?"

There was nothing on the other side anymore. 10 minutes passed and there i was with a gun in my pocket of the jacket i was wearing . And there she was. The woman in the photo. She was so beautiful and walking gracefully. There were only us there. No other people around. The thought in my head of my wife getting killed made get up. Put the gun in her head. I looked deep in her blue eyes and pulled the trigger. Blood was everywhere. On my face. On my clothes. On my shoes. I looked at her on the ground. I just murdered someone. I started to cry. How could i live with that? I put the gun on my head and as i was about to end it all the phone rang.