Status: One or Two chapters A Week...

Just a Dream!

Chapter 1

I wanted nothing more than this...

Floating on a cloud, listening to my favorite song, 'Fireflies,' by Owl City, and not having a care in the world. How peaceful it was up here on my cloud, where no one can bother me.

I smiled brightly, as I sang to the words that flowed through one ear and out the other. Then, an arrow shoots up from underneath the cloud. I stare down with my eagle vision eyes, and see that it's from my older brother, sending me a message.

I stare at the note:

Beware of Evil Bird!

I smile at my brother, and imagine myself with superhero clothes on. I then fly down towards earth just to see what evil bird he was talking about. It was a griffon actually, trying to eat a small girl who held her dolly closely to her body, shivering in fright.

Its razor sharp claws could rip her throat out, and its powerful wings can make winds like nothing I've ever seen. It's eyes are big and golden , and its roar makes your ears bleed, till you want to die just to shut out the noise.

I smirk, as I make my way towards the griffon, who's now chasing the girl, and blow a fireball at its butt, in which it screeches very loudly, making my ears ring, keeping out the loud noise.

I see golden feathers burning while it flies off to wear the fire out, but it doesn't help. It flies higher and higher, until it's nothing but a speck of a golden dot, and then it bursts into golden sparks and disappears.

I laugh, and walk over to the girl, who seemed to be crouched low on the ground. I place a hand on her shoulder, wondering what was wrong, now that the bird was gone. “It’s alright. You’re safe now...”

The girl said nothing for a few minutes, and soon chuckled darkly, “Oh, I’m safe...but you aren’t!”

“What?” I ask, only to stagger backwards, as the girl turns around, showing me a large dark mouth of sharp shiny teeth, and red eyes which bore into my soul. I shivered, as she transformed into a large siren, with long black hair full of snakes, like the legendary Medusa; and black wings and a tail like a fish.

Not expecting such a change, I fly away quickly, only to fall back to earth, my powers now gone. “Huh?” I turn around to see her chasing after me, as I feel my feet pulling me forward at a fast pace.

I hear screaming echoing all over the place, only to realize it was me; while the whole place darkens into a wasteland of evil creatures, with glaring eyes, loud cackles, and weapons.

As I run, my heart is pounding, and up ahead of the long dark road that I was running on, I find my older brother calling my name, holding out his hand for me to take.

“Jason! Take my hand!”

I reach out to him, my feet pedaling faster, as I seem to be getting further and further away from. The large siren behind me screeches, and son everything is dark.


I wake up with a start, my eyes wide with fear, as I look about my room, hoping the siren wasn’t anywhere near. As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I can see small shades of light forming outside. It was nearly morning, the monsters were gone, vanished. I sighed lightly, a small smile touching my lips, as I come to a realization, It was only a dream...

I then turn my gaze from the window, and nearly jump out of skin, as I meet laughable blue eyes, which were staring down at me.

It was my older brother, Rickie. He smiles that genuine big brother smile, and asks in curiosity, “Had a nice dream, little bro?”

I sigh heavily, and shake my head, “Another nightmare bro, and it was worse than the last...”

My feet swung over the bed, hitting the blue carpet floor, as I ran a hand through my dark hair; Rickie giving me a worried expression, while taking a seat on the bed.

“What was it about this time?”
I met his blue eyes again, frowning lightly, “A siren slash banshee...”

He sighed deeply, shaking his head, “Gotta stop watching them scary movies, bro. They aren’t good for ya...” He ruffled my hair playfully, before getting pushed aside, both of us giggling.

“I know, but I like the feel of being scared...at times...and then other times, it could just get too scary...”

“Well, I suppose that’s the way it is...” He smirked, before slamming a pillow in my face, and then a big pillow fight starts up, before our mom walks in shaking her head, “Come now boys, stop rough housing and get ready for school!”

“Yes mom!” we both say in unison, before attacking each other again, laughing quietly

~~

On the ride to school, I stare out of the side window, daydreaming, as usual. Rickie, on the other hand, was playing his tunes on his iphone, while driving. I didn’t think of why he does that though, and neither do I ask him. I guess it never passed through my mind until now.

“So bro, have any plans after school?” Rickie asked, taking me out of my thought bubble.

I turned my attention away from the window, raising an eyebrow as I answered, “Huh? Oh, um, not really why?”

Once we got to the high school, I climbed out of the car, and stood still, while watching all the other students run off into the building, Rickie called me from the open window, “If not, after school, if I have time, I'll play with you.”

“Really?” I asked excitedly, turning to grin widely at him with admiration.

“Sure, if that's what you'd like,” Rickie says, smirking at me with amusement.

“Sure, thanks bro!” I reply, pounding his hand hard, which he rubs playfully, before saying, “See you later then!”

He then waves, and rides off while I walk towards the school building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. So, some chapters might be short, and others might be long, you'll just have to wait and see what happens next.